Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

OK, I just chatted with a Nike sales rep too. They are having issues with the orders purchased via the SNKRS app. They located my order and assured me that I will have a confirmation within 1-2 business days.

If someone tells me these are good quality I'll cop right now

Anyone who has them in hand what's the leather like? Is it as good as the highs or straight plastic?

Don't let the usual silliness in this thread lead you guys astray. Quality is typical low garbage. The white side panels are strangely the only soft sections on them. The rest is plastic just like all the other recent lows.

Last edited:
Can anyone with the Chicago low's in hand talk about the quality/softness of the leather...specifically the toe box? Maybe post a close up pic? Preferably someone that has had the highs and can give a honest assessment of the differences between the two?

Thanks.

I have all the lows thus far and the Chicagos are definitely better quality than the previous ones. The leather is softer. I wouldn't say it's A1 quality but better than the Breds, Royals, and shadows.

I have all the lows thus far and the Chicagos are definitely better quality than the previous ones. The leather is softer. I wouldn't say it's A1 quality but better than the Breds, Royals, and shadows.

Just saw the chis in person and by far they have a better quality material special the white areas. I'll know I'll regret passing on them...

Wondering if I should double up with the 10% off on NDC or just wait for the price to drop (or for the Tysons Corner HoH to stop messing around with discounts).

Well, I had the Chicago highs from a couple years ago (maybe 3), and those were hideous. The leather was so hard and creased with the first step I made. The crease was almost like a split type crease. Hideous. I guess I am hoping for a soft leather type feel that my Jordan's had over 20+ years ago. Soft and thick...kind of like the Military 4's a few years ago.

Last edited:
I just went in footlocker. The chi lows imo the white panels including toebox were soft. The red and black parts were like what's on the bred lows. I have bred, royal, and white/grey lows and the leather on them suck imo lol. Hopefully the blue metallic lows use the white leather that's on the chi lows. So I think the cyber lows and chis have the soft toebox leather the rest of the lows should've had

Just checked out a different pair at a different store. The toe box is def way softer than the bred/Royal/shadow lows, but it's still not in the same league as the remastered highs. It's odd that the white side panels are a softer material than the toe box. Nike really phones it in on the lows.

The toe box (ie the white parts) is what's most important if JB are gonna upgrade part of it. 

Ive been critical of the lows in this thread. For disclosure, I have the highs and lows in bred/royal/shadow and I have the Chi highs. Im not knocking the lows but for $130 retail, I'm always very dissappointed that JB cant release something with decent materials as the highs are only $30 or so more and there's physically more of them.

Tried on chi lows today and they fit more TTS than other lows :rolleyes

White leather seemed better quality , only want to buy under 100 shipped or 90 or less lol , any leads ?

It won't be any cheaper than that. In fact, once people figure out they are decent quality I think they will stay at retail where avail and rise in price through resellers.

How's the quality @killuminati

Grabbed a pair on ebay for 110 shipped
Side panels had tumbled leather like SBB. Toebox is surprisingly soft. Quality on these >>>

Don't sleep
Heard a similar statement from someone who purchased from Titan.  Had to return to this thread to see if it was true...

Good to know Jordan Brand is improving each release of the lows at least...

Heard a similar statement from someone who purchased from Titan.  Had to return to this thread to see if it was true...

Did you cop yesterday? Went from Forum GH to Nike BGC so I can catch up before they open.

These look great with shorts imo

Did you cop yesterday? Went from Forum GH to Nike BGC so I can catch up before they open.

These look great with shorts imo
I passed.  I have two pairs of the 2015 Chi 1s (highs) so I don't feel the need for these lows.  I was just surprised people were commenting on the "SBB-like leather" on the Chi 1 lows.  Still seeing mixed reviews on the "quality" of the lows, but the general opinion seems that they're better than previous OG 1 low releases.

Dang.  GH to Taguig?  At least it wasn't rush hour.  Although the traffic was still moderately heavy at night.

i canceled my SNKRS order yesterday. Going to run to the mall to look at them to see how they feel and how they fit. Still not sure if i'll cop or if i'll wait for a discount like the rest of the lows. these seem to be everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom