Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

On my pair, one shoe has a production end date of 12/13/12, the other is 12/18/12. The 12/13 one is more tumbled on tongue. Wish I could get the dates matched somehow! I'm in LA :smile:

the original rumor was 20,000 pairs
but i don't know what separates it from a guess

also, the online-only (sans TX) aspect plus all the language surrounding the release pointed toward these being a limited edition

these will be the first Jordan to hit Banned 1 level resale once the dust settles... people have been blinded by all star galaxy, cork, and foam releases... once basketball season is done the beasts will realize they missed out on a 'nike air' release and prices will sky rocket
I hope the true heads got them/get them before that.  I don't think this will be done again for a very long time.  If you really think about it, these are a steal for the price right now.  

Now if they would do one of the VI's... 

a lot of everyday people or casual sneaker heads still don't know these released....hype will build definitely...the past few releases i start up a conversation about what people are scoping as far as next pick up, the state of the shoe game...general conversation...i bring up how i copped the 88's and they released on Feb 6...and they are clueless

On my pair, one shoe has a production end date of 12/13/12, the other is 12/18/12. The 12/13 one is more tumbled on tongue. Wish I could get the dates matched somehow! I'm in LA
smile.gif
this production date crap needs to stop. be grateful you have an authentic pair. geeeez i sware, i bet if you had a chace to complain about the amount of sprinkles on ur ice cream cone, you would.

Did anyone's 88's have a pretty pungent glue scent to them? Made me sneeze. Not really an issue for me but just curious.
 I dont think its the glue i think its the actual leather being different. I have the same smell form my air force 1 "112" clark kent pack. And the clark kent joints are "premium" and so are these guys in terms of elephant print material. Maybe its just premium glue 
roll.gif

Soo buttery. Question for OG Jordan fans, are the white cement III 88's close to, in terms of material quality, the original white cement III's or any of the originals? I was born in 88' so I am just curious about the real thing. These seem to be one of the better Jordan retros I own.

^no, but these are the best quality 3 retro (i've had) since the '03 white cement (which is also better quality than these)

but the originals & older ones weren't awesome quality, to put the comparison in better context, the originals just felt differently than these
heavier with a more sturdy frame & cut better so they molded better too and the leathers were noticeably thicker (different air unit too i think)

but again, im happy with these

Last edited:
Soo buttery. Question for OG Jordan fans, are the white cement III 88's close to, in terms of material quality, the original white cement III's or any of the originals? I was born in 88' so I am just curious about the real thing. These seem to be one of the better Jordan retros I own.
I feel like the shoes from that time had softer padding inside. Today's Retros are soft still but more forgiving and stay resilient longer.

Oddly enough what I miss is the crappy thicker Jordan 4 mesh from the OGs. They always started to chip there and the mesh was much worse quality than today's Retros but it looked better IMO.

Did anyone's 88's have a pretty pungent glue scent to them? Made me sneeze. Not really an issue for me but just curious.

yes, a lot of people encountered that problem including myself. straight from NDC

Last edited:
Thinking of pulling the trigger on a pair for $320, cant find anything less than that & pairs are becoming more scarce :smh:

Back
Top Bottom