Official Air Jordan X white/old royal release thread: 2/11/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Originally Posted by Franco23x

All retro's sell out these days.

Every retro sells out but these retro +'s usually don't unless they say they are "limited".

I'm going to wait for next... hopefully i can get a pair... I still can believe all the websites sold out....

Bibby and Jeffries wore these last night against the Lakers and that was a nationally televised game that was hyped due to JLin so maybe that contributed to some of the hype. This thread was dead before today with majority of people saying they were ugly and going to pass and they sell out instantly. Hypebeastes / Resllers are at an all time high

Originally Posted by bigkel23

$250 down here in
Miami on CL..... FAIL!

I had sold two pair here in fairlane mall for $300 a piece. I thought I could sell for $200 but they rush to me. Smh these things are terrible but not now I have galaxy foam resell money I hope.

Originally Posted by SteveSoFresh

$250 down here in
Miami on CL..... FAIL!

I had sold two pair here in fairlane mall for $300 a piece. I thought I could sell for $200 but they rush to me. Smh these things are terrible but not now I have galaxy foam resell money I hope.

Wow... I dnt have a problem w/ the shoe but buyin just to resell isn't right b/c dudes who actually want a pair have to either pass or spend extra bread to get theirs. I see where ur comin from w/ tryin to cop the foams, I personally can't spend a dollar over retail

$250 down here in
Miami on CL..... FAIL!

Did all of the shoe stores in fairlane sell out????
If so that's crazy my boy got a pair of white cements size 12 from HOH last year 2 weeks after the release 

2012 just might be the end

These do look nice in pics though, even with that stupid piece of patent leather. Just terrible timing.

$250 down here in
Miami on CL..... FAIL!

wow..this is exactly why they sell out even though there is zero hype amongst real collectors.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by nimhet

$250 down here in
Miami on CL..... FAIL!

wow..this is exactly why they sell out even though there is zero hype amongst real collectors.
indifferent.gif

I don't understand your logic. Who are you to say there was no hype for them from "real" collectors. Hell what is a real collector? I been collecting since 01 and I love these. Just because the majority of NT didn't like them doesn't mean they aren't a nice shoe. Hell if everybody followed most of NT fads people, would only buy OG colorways, rock snap backs and skinny jeans...SMH

Originally Posted by tupac003

indifferent.gif

I don't understand your logic. Who are you to say there was no hype for them from "real" collectors. Hell what is a real collector? I been collecting since 01 and I love these. Just because the majority of NT didn't like them doesn't mean they aren't a nice shoe. Hell if everybody followed most of NT fads people, would only buy of colorways, rock snap backs and skinny jeans...SMH

THIS!......Been collecting since 96' and these are dope. A must have for me. I've noticed most guys on here can't dress worth a damn and expect others to follow suit lol. Also the term "hype beast" is way over used. And if you're a "real" collector you shouldn't have a problem with reseller prices. Collectors pay for what they want no matter the price

Originally Posted by cstrong

indifferent.gif

I don't understand your logic. Who are you to say there was no hype for them from "real" collectors. Hell what is a real collector? I been collecting since 01 and I love these. Just because the majority of NT didn't like them doesn't mean they aren't a nice shoe. Hell if everybody followed most of NT fads people, would only buy of colorways, rock snap backs and skinny jeans...SMH

THIS!......Been collecting since 96' and these are dope. A must have for me. I've noticed most guys on here can't dress worth a damn and expect others to follow suit lol. Also the term "hype beast" is way over used. And if you're a "real" collector you shouldn't have a problem with reseller prices. Collectors pay for what they want no matter the price
Just b/c ur a collector doesn't mean u have to be taken advantage of. A real collector shouldn't have to pay over retail for these 

indifferent.gif

logic is this; there were plenty of these produced for actual demand.  too many people who cant afford it, and have nothing but time on their hands, camp out online and with the bums to snatch up all the stock just to resell with a ******ed mark up to people like yourself, who legitimately like the product.  i agree with you on fads, though.  trying to decide if what i wore in the 80s and 90s is really that worse than what i see kids posting up here.  pretty much a wash, its all going to be embarrassing ten years from now.

Just b/c ur a collector doesn't mean u have to be taken advantage of. A real collector shouldn't have to pay over retail for these 
That's not being taken advantage of. When collecting ANYTHING of value you can't always expect or feel entitled to a retail price. Whether it's shoes, cars, wine, beanie babies etc. as long as the demand is high there's guaranteed to be resellers. It's called capitalism and that's what America is all about. There's no reason being sensitive about the situation. Either you go out and do the best you can to buy at retail or let others beat you to the punch and resell to you. Everyone has the same opportunities some people are just better at taking initiative and getting what they want. I've never missed out on a release I wanted and I've never bought from a reseller because I know how to plan and prepare for what I want. And if for some reason I'm ever under prepared I would have no problem purchasing from someone that was better prepared than me.

Anybody win a "Champio_ship" on these? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Cant believe they sold out, for real. I expected em to be like the 4th of July Vs (which are still sitting at my local mall) and sit for months because of the patent leather and bad timing but I guess they were more limited than I thought. I don't particularly like or dislike the shoe, but this month my hit list is short and sweet: White Cement IV and Big Bang Lebron 9 
pimp.gif

Congrats to all that were able to get their pairs that wanted them.

Originally Posted by youngmoney704

Originally Posted by jeff3424

not sure if Eastbay sold out or not, i was on right at midnight and no sizes were available, kinda weird
true... knowing them they probably had some server issues... no countdown timer or anything...
We have made some more improvements to our website to help keep it from crashing on launches.  Thanks to the new updates, we did not have any server issues last night.  I do not have all the information on what was improved, but once I get a full explanation, I will be better able to explain it to others.

EastbayRep - Ray

Jarred Jeffries and Mike Bibby wore these last night as the Knick took care of Kobe and the Lakers lead by Jeremy "Linsanity" Lin

Originally Posted by mr delorean

indifferent.gif

logic is this; there were plenty of these produced for actual demand.  too many people who cant afford it, and have nothing but time on their hands, camp out online and with the bums to snatch up all the stock just to resell with a ******ed mark up to people like yourself, who legitimately like the product.  i agree with you on fads, though.  trying to decide if what i wore in the 80s and 90s is really that worse than what i see kids posting up here.  pretty much a wash, its all going to be embarrassing ten years from now.

Well I don't know about that. I struck out on eastbay so I decided to go to NT seattle this morning. I get there 30 min prior and there is only 4 guys. We get in the first guy walks out empty handed...I ask him why. He tells me no size 15's. Now I'm a 14.5 so I can go 14 or 15. I get in and I look at thier stock and they had 3 of the major sizes, 2 12's, 1 13 and 1 14. I don't know about you but that isn't your general GR numbers for a Niketown. I think these had to be limited.
I do agree with you about resellers though. I guess we will have to see what happens with these. I checked ebay last night and people were asking 200-250 for them. 
tired.gif

ima knicks fan but i could care less if those 2 bums jeffries and bibby wore these. (BOTH TEAMS PLAYED HORRIBLE LAST NIGHT)

these are still ugly and idk how these sold out.

call me when the real knicks cw retro.

Originally Posted by MaddoxKay

Anybody win a "Champio_ship" on these? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Cant believe they sold out, for real. I expected em to be like the 4th of July Vs (which are still sitting at my local mall) and sit for months because of the patent leather and bad timing but I guess they were more limited than I thought. I don't particularly like or dislike the shoe, but this month my hit list is short and sweet: White Cement IV and Big Bang Lebron 9 
pimp.gif

YES! LOL All the size 14's are like that right? I copped a 14 and saw this and had to look...
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

That's not being taken advantage of. When collecting ANYTHING of value you can't always expect or feel entitled to a retail price. Whether it's shoes, cars, wine, beanie babies etc. as long as the demand is high there's guaranteed to be resellers. It's called capitalism and that's what America is all about. There's no reason being sensitive about the situation. Either you go out and do the best you can to buy at retail or let others beat you to the punch and resell to you. Everyone has the same opportunities some people are just better at taking initiative and getting what they want. I've never missed out on a release I wanted and I've never bought from a reseller because I know how to plan and prepare for what I want. And if for some reason I'm ever under prepared I would have no problem purchasing from someone that was better prepared than me.
Sensitive?... Ok, I like the shoes b/c I like X's but these r not for me. I hope the people who really wanted them got them for retail especially the teens that squeezed $170+ (after taxes) out of their parents for em

On to the IV's 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

These wont sit at any malls around me.....because NONE of them got any! I thought this was a general release. I have 6 malls within an hour of me and they get everything but BIN's and the super limited stuff. Smh

Seeing the pictures of these and then on Bibby and Jeffries last night with the knicks unis, these are starting to grow on me. Definitely not growing enough to spend 160 during THIS february, but they're nice. I'm starting to think that JB is going to make every retro a QS so that all the people who miss out will just buy their team/player shoes that wouldn't usually sell.

Originally Posted by mr delorean

indifferent.gif

This is true when NT Miami says 1st come 1st served... Major demand - "lookout on our twitter for release updates & wristband distribution" 

These were selling like hot-cakes here in SD
eek.gif

I decided to pass on these to pick up a second pair of WC 4's next week. One week until all hell brakes loose.

my hoh was sold out by the time i got there this morning but i was able to cop at sheiks, they had a fsr

Back
Top Bottom