Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

STILL NO 29 News? We are a month away till their assumed release and still no pics? No info other then maybe made in Italy? hahaha crazy crazy, Jordan brand somehow stopped leaks apparently.

STILL NO 29 News? We are a month away till their assumed release and still no pics? No info other then maybe made in Italy? hahaha crazy crazy, Jordan brand somehow stopped leaks apparently.

....or they aren't a month away, as JM has mentioned.

What if they just up and drop them out of nowhere to create massive hype. That would be kind of cool

I am debating if a 29 is even releasing this year. I mean didnt the 27s and 28s release around this time?

Some people really need to read the thread before posting. It's not like this thread is 100 pages deep either :smh: .. the information on the first two pages are as solid as it gets.

With that said, they won't be releasing next month.

Last edited:
I read all 3 pages and got all the info I was curious about. An had sum popcorn handy for the entertainment it provided as well!!!!!

sick.gif

So Nike moved the Kobe line to Feb instead of Xmas day, and now the Jordan shoe that has come out at All Star weekend every year since like 2000 is now coming out .......................?????? Why??? I don't understand Nike's thought process. The best possible time to release a performance shoe that you want everyone to buy is November! That is when the season starts for all high school, college/university ball players. I used to always buy the Reebok Allen Iverson and the Adidas Kobe instead of Nikes when I was in school because they came out on opening night of the NBA regular season, which was around the time my high school season would begin. Nike needs to give their head a shake, performance shoes should come out when ball season starts! Aka Kobes, Durants, Air Jordans.

^Makes sense.Basketball season starts oct/nov for most high schools/colleges, seems like the ideal time to buy a performance shoe.

Would have been nice to get some more shrouded xx8s in  the meantime but doesn't look like that will happen.

Hopefully the black gold SEs release and JB isn't trolling us again

tbh, i've really loved the designs of every sig since the xix. i wished i had copped more than one 2010. it's an excellent design.

This is the first time in recent memory I came across anyone praising the design of the 2010 :lol: how do you manage to deal with those side windows?

I actuslly didn't mind the 2010 at the time either, didn't really care about the windows.. Lock down was great and fit felt great so did cushioning..,, I don't think it comes anywhere close to recent models like kobe 8 or xx8 etc but things have really changed in the last few years. Wore my prelude Vs for the first time today after being stuck with kobe 8s on for the last week or so and just can't believe how much things have progressed. Anyways... My .02 for what it's worth...

This is the first time in recent memory I came across anyone praising the design of the 2010 :lol: how do you manage to deal with those side windows?

then you haven't been paying any attention. there are quite a few prominent NTers who love them. you should see ijapino's collection.

my ONLY apprehension for the window was that they might oxidise (turn yellow) over time. well, they haven't at all. how i "deal with" them is by changing up the sock colour here and there. with only one pair (the original colourway), this does affect the appearance a little. from an aesthetic point of view, they are tinker at his best and most outrageous, just like with the xx3, xx, xv and for its time the vi. these are all very original and creative designs and quite beautiful for how far he pushed them.

back to the 2010, my only issues with them are the way the tongue slides to the side, and the laces can easily undo (although nowhere near as bad at xiii laces, which i always swap out).

so laugh all you want, it doesn't bother me. taste is subjective, but even that aside, you gotta recognise what they were trying to do with the shoe.

Last edited:
I agree with your statement about the post xix... I've really enjoyed most with the exception if the 2011 and wasn't big on the appearance of 2009 but didn't own a pair... Was struck with knee injury most if that year so just kind of wasn't buying shoes as much... Although I've always wondered how they would do, sometimes it takes me lacing a shoe up for it to really make me fall in love with it's appearance.. Kind of a beauty in the eye of the beholder thing... I really hope xx3s come around again soon though proly most the yungins would gripe and want the SJ XI or something...

Last edited:
then you haven't been paying any attention. there are quite a few prominent NTers who love them. you should see ijapino's collection.

my ONLY apprehension for the window was that they might oxidise (turn yellow) over time. well, they haven't at all. how i "deal with" them is by changing up the sock colour here and there. with only one pair (the original colourway), this does affect the appearance a little. from an aesthetic point of view, they are tinker at his best and most outrageous, just like with the xx3, xx, xv and for its time the vi. these are all very original and creative designs and quite beautiful for how far he pushed them.

back to the 2010, my only issues with them are the way the tongue slides to the side, and the laces can easily undo (although nowhere near as bad at xiii laces, which i always swap out).

so laugh all you want, it doesn't bother me. taste is subjective, but even that aside, you gotta recognise what they were trying to do with the shoe.

I believe there's a misunderstanding, haha that laughing emoticon wasn't meant to jeer at you or anything. I just find it a novel thing that a design feature as unique, yet obnoxious as the 2010 lateral windows is legitmately approved of. I'm aware of ijapino's collection, but I didn't know whether or not he actually likes the shoe for its aesthetics. Jordans after the 12 are undoubtedly famous for their comfort and oncourt performance, with the 2010 being no exception. I don't doubt they feel fantastic. However, I just find the lateral windows to be arbitrarily and tastelessly placed for the sole purpose of comforming to some sort of distinct design inspiration. The other sigs have their defining features more seamlessly and gracefully integrated into their design, but again IMO it feels as if they just said "Hey, these shoes look too plain, why not just stick a window and come up with some ridiculous explanation for it as being legitimately inspired?"

Last edited:
I believe there's a misunderstanding, haha that laughing emoticon wasn't meant to jeer at you or anything. I just find it a novel thing that a design feature as unique, yet obnoxious as the 2010 lateral windows is legitmately approved of. I'm aware of ijapino's collection, but I didn't know whether or not he actually likes the shoe for its aesthetics. Jordans after the 12 are undoubtedly famous for their comfort and oncourt performance, with the 2010 being no exception. I don't doubt they feel fantastic. However, I just find the lateral windows to be arbitrarily and tastelessly placed for the sole purpose of comforming to some sort of distinct design inspiration. The other sigs have their defining features more seamlessly and gracefully integrated into their design, but again IMO it feels as if they just said "Hey, these shoes look too plain, why not just stick a window and come up with some ridiculous explanation for it as being legitimately inspired?"

oh i'm sorry, i did indeed misunderstand. thanks for the clarification. :smile: i'm gladdened to read you didn't intend the soft but obnoxious mocking so common in this subculture.

from recollection, i think the functional purpose of the window was to add a stiffness to the side of the shoe, and this made the brilliant separated toe box work by ensuring the sides slip in and out of the toe box with each stride.

the only main sig which has arbitrary design cues like you describe are the 18. i can't stand the use of the "23" stitching from the V and the lace hoops from the VIII. the rest of that plain desing might be forgivable if it wasn't for the inclusion of these (IMO of course).

oh i'm sorry, i did indeed misunderstand. thanks for the clarification. :smile: i'm gladdened to read you didn't intend the soft but obnoxious mocking so common in this subculture.

from recollection, i think the functional purpose of the window was to add a stiffness to the side of the shoe, and this made the brilliant separated toe box work by ensuring the sides slip in and out of the toe box with each stride.

the only main sig which has arbitrary design cues like you describe are the 18. i can't stand the use of the "23" stitching from the V and the lace hoops from the VIII. the rest of that plain desing might be forgivable if it wasn't for the inclusion of these (IMO of course).

Is that so? Wow, I knew about the the toe box functionality but I had no clue the sides actually had a structural purpose. Intriguing.

Hm? 18 and 5? How come? The 18 was crafted well enough to look like the Lamborghini Murcielago's silhouette IMO, and the flaps on the ankle are spot on to the actual spoilers of the car that flips open when it hits a certain speed. Fortunately for the 5, not all colors have that side 23. And what do you mean in regards to the 8's lacehoops?

I believe he was talking about how 18 Incorporates the 23 from the V and the lace loops from the 8 in it's design.

I believe he was talking about how 18 Incorporates the 23 from the V and the lace loops from the 8 in it's design.

Ah, yes that would make more sense. The font may be similar when compared to the retros, but if I recall correctly no 23 5s released prior to the 18 apart from the original Fire Red. The originals had a pretty bold font, and since then the majority of the sig line featured the #23 in some shape or form.

Also, weren't the lace loops of the 8 criss crossing at sharp angles like its predecessors? The 18 featured lace loops more similar to the 9 onwards (excluding 12) where it runs more parallel, no?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom