Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

There were a bunch of custom '89-'94 style Pro Bowl jerseys on eBay earlier this year, someone made a bunch. They were fairly accurate, micromesh, but 100% custom. The PB logos were sewn on, not embroidered into the shoulders & no jocktags. There was probably over a dozen. They started at .99 & went cheap, maybe $30 and under. One of them was a grail of mine the '92 NFC Deion #25. I saw the same Deion listed for $225 with Wison tags shortly after that. It sold.
mean.gif
I remember someone mentioning that a few M&N larger sizes were being tailored down and a champion tag being added. The PHILA AI Rookie comes to mind but I think there was a way to tell like the inner stitching or often champion authentics are white inside? Was the jersey below sold at retail? Must be insanely rare. 

@ConcordFlightXI  I have a rare Bullets jersey you might like to see. This is my Kenny "Sky" Walker gamer from a throwback night in 1993 vs Seattle.

He beat out Spud Webb & then Drexler in the final round to win the dunk contest in '89. He had a good performance too, some nice dunks.

That contest & the actual design of jersey made me want to pick it up.

Speaking of the dunk contest I got this just recently. With a little help from EPS it will be a Zach LaVine.

I never notice the design on the side panels were made up of "W"s until I had this in hand.

Sleeved jerseys have really grown on me since first seeing them.

I remember someone mentioning that a few M&N larger sizes were being tailored down and a champion tag being added. The PHILA AI Rookie comes to mind but I think there was a way to tell like the inner stitching or often champion authentics are white inside? Was the jersey below sold at retail? Must be insanely rare. 
No, I don't think that PHILA Iverson was sold at retail. It looks too long to be regular retail authentic too. Plus, it's hard to tell for sure, but the Jerry looks like a patch, not embroidered in like a team issued would be. Looks like a custom being misrepresented as a Champion. In other words a fake.

Last edited:

There were a bunch of custom '89-'94 style Pro Bowl jerseys on eBay earlier this year, someone made a bunch. They were fairly accurate, micromesh, but 100% custom. The PB logos were sewn on, not embroidered into the shoulders

I remember a few sellers from the Philippines were selling accurate champion authentic customs of this jersey, Kobe and others
Would love one of those right now

And no they didn't have a retail version

I remember a few sellers from the Philippines were selling accurate champion authentic customs of this jersey, Kobe and others

So, you're saying it's a legit Champion, just completely redone. I see. 

It does seem too long to be a retail though, I don't know. Also, what team would it have been originally?

Thanks for the info. I agree that's about 3 inches too long for a size 44 champion retail authentic. If it was a dual tagged gamer it would be different. Just found an old auction. What a beauty. 

http://catalog.greyflannelauctions.com/lot-18029.aspx

This was years ago. Doubt they are still around but I remember the kobes being awesome compared to the M&N versions

Speaking of the dunk contest I got this just recently. With a little help from EPS it will be a Zach LaVine.

I never notice the design on the side panels were made up of "W"s until I had this in hand.

Sleeved jerseys have really grown on me since first seeing them.

No, I don't think that PHILA Iverson was sold at retail. It looks too long to be regular retail authentic too. Plus, it's hard to tell for sure, but the Jerry looks like a patch, not embroidered in like a team issued would be. Looks like a custom being misrepresented as a Champion. In other words a fake.
Why not get Wiggins, Towns or KG? You know the main guys

Why not get Wiggins, Towns or KG? You know the main guys
I want LaVine because I have a little dunk champion collection going. Any winning performance that I personally liked  I'll try to get the jersey they wore in the contest.

The Bullets Kenny Walker being one of a few exceptions. Ever since I picked up my Harold Miner I haven't looked back.

I don't even follow the NBA closely enough these days to know who Towns is.
@sixburghThat Lavine would look sick with the dunk contest patch with it
I know right. That's why I asked if you had seen ASW patches anywhere when you mentioned adding the 3 point & rising Stars ones to your Currys.

Please shoot me a PM if you can find them. I'd really appreciate it.

Wow that's an amazing Penny collection! Just curious if you have the shoes to match these. Either way, props!

thanks, I actually do, check out my instagram page 1PennyHardawayFanWorldWide and there you will see all the Penny stuff that I got!

anyone know if EPS would un stitch a previous custom jersey and re-do with their mesh numbers? I have a curry that I had done, however, they did not use mesh numbers and it irritates me lol. any info in greatly appreciated.

anyone know if EPS would un stitch a previous custom jersey and re-do with their mesh numbers? I have a curry that I had done, however, they did not use mesh numbers and it irritates me lol. any info in greatly appreciated.

yes they will

Anybody here mess with starter jerseys? How are they as in quality?

Starter jerseys are probably the most bizarre out of any jersey manufacturer.

They fit extremely short and wide.... a lot of them have the front graphics really low so they kinda sit over your stomach when you wear them. Also this means the jock tag almost reaches the front numbers. Not very pleasant to look at. Also a few of their jerseys featured sublimated wordmarks instead of sewn twill (this was changed when Puma took over).

They were also the ones to introduce that shiny mesh that wrinkles and yellows really easily. blech

Starter jerseys also feature half sizes which is kinda cool... 42/44/46/48/50 etc

If you look back several pages where i posted pics comparing manufacturer sizes you'll see i have a size 46 hornets jerseys which is much shorter than the size implies but is true to width

From their website:

"Stripping typically costs $35 per jersey. This is a special order and can take 8-10 weeks. All strip orders are subject to a $5-$25 cleaning fee. "

And here's a link to more info http://exclusivepro.com/products/65/stripping_and_customizing/

Last edited:

good lookin on the information!
EPS does an excellent job but I am not as big a fan of their mesh numbers as others. They are stiffer and you can tell they are different by the larger holes. They certainly do a great job on Warriors jerseys though. My preference would always be for them to use cleaner looking twill numbers. I would even prefer that when trying to replace existing twill numbers from the nbastore or a team shop. 

For example you can tell up close that the Wizards jersey below was an EPS job. Looks fine but you should consider your options. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181802576334

EPS does an excellent job but I am not as big a fan of their mesh numbers as others. They are stiffer and you can tell they are different by the larger holes. They certainly do a great job on Warriors jerseys though. My preference would always be for them to use cleaner looking twill numbers. I would even prefer that when trying to replace existing twill numbers from the nbastore or a team shop. 

I agree EPS mesh is stiffer but it's the closest thing to official mesh numbers look-wise for majority of the teams at the moment. I've tried finding out who does embroidery for the Warriors but no luck.

Here's some pics to show the difference between mesh:

EPS Mesh

Official Mesh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom