Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Is the M&N authentic jerseys worth the price? Thinking of getting a magic johnson jersey but the $200 price tag is holding me back :rolleyes

It's definitely worth it when they had the 40% off. I would just wait until their next 40% or 50% off sale if I were you.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I guess I'll just wait till they go on sale.

Another question, What size should I get for the warm up jacket if I wear small(snug) on the nba swingman jersey? thanks

Last edited:
well you just made my decision easier, i didn't know what warm up knicks jacket i wanted, da black accented one is da harder piff.

I agree. I usually don't like the black as part of the NYK color palette. But, on the jacket, it looks nice, IMO. Jerseys are a different story though.

what da hell are ya talkin bout..M&N jerseys are definitely worth da price...sounds like ya just being frugal.

Honestly, it's pretty subjective at this point. You have to admit that quality has taken a nosedive in recent years. ...Frankly, a lot of it depends on how big of a deal spending $150 or $200 dollars is to you. I don't think any jersey is "worth" its price. But, that's it's own question. At the same time, I have many M/N products.

M&N is NOT worth the retail price.

50% off, sure its worth it but no more than that honestly.

M&N is NOT worth the retail price.

50% off, sure its worth it but no more than that honestly.
i disagree, i have a TON of jerseys, and M&N stack up right up there with da older nike authentics and champion authentics.

some times M&N actually make em better then da OGs (raptors jersey comes to mind)

now if ya talkin that frugal talk then thats fine, we would ALL love to get jerseys dirt cheap, and at one point when da jersey era

crashed, i was getting procut jerseys that were WILD expensive during da era for cheap.

M&N used to catch alot of flack for their dress sizes, and they addressed those issues, so if you been coppin em for a min you had to re-calibrate

da sizes you copped because now they run smaller. as far as materials is concerned their on point, now SOMETIMES they'll have inaccuracies here

and there, but these days nike themselves can't even retro their own shoes perfect, so i dont expect perfection from M&N either.

now SOMETIMES they'll have inaccuracies hereand there, but these days nike themselves can't even retro their own shoes perfect, so i dont expect perfection from M&N either.

The inaccuracies seem to be rampant nowadays, even if they are usually minor. But, point taken.

i disagree, i have a TON of jerseys, and M&N stack up right up there with da older nike authentics and champion authentics.

some times M&N actually make em better then da OGs (raptors jersey comes to mind)

now if ya talkin that frugal talk then thats fine, we would ALL love to get jerseys dirt cheap, and at one point when da jersey era

crashed, i was getting procut jerseys that were WILD expensive during da era for cheap.

M&N used to catch alot of flack for their dress sizes, and they addressed those issues, so if you been coppin em for a min you had to re-calibrate

da sizes you copped because now they run smaller. as far as materials is concerned their on point, now SOMETIMES they'll have inaccuracies here

and there, but these days nike themselves can't even retro their own shoes perfect, so i dont expect perfection from M&N either.

sorry bro.. gotta disagree with you there.. where nike can make sneakers, a lot of the times they change the names of it, if it is not the same as the original. or whatever they changed it not upside down or a bad logo or whatever it is. if nike messes up, they do it on purpose or they say it wa not supposed to be like the original. M&N just screws up big.. there is a bit of a different between a shoe with different logo's or colors and an authentic jersey with upside down letters. if it is a mistake like M&N has made, like the jordan '96 all star game of the tilted pistons jacket, and probably countless more, by nike standards they are consideredB-grades, yet M&N makes people still pay full price for their items, even if they are extremely overpriced.

I hate all the complaining about M&N, just don't buy it then. Yeah, some of their stuff is terrible now and quality is getting worse but so is everything else. I only buy their jackets and jerseys if they're 40% or 50% off. I think that's a fair price.

sorry bro.. gotta disagree with you there.. where nike can make sneakers, a lot of the times they change the names of it, if it is not the same as the original. or whatever they changed it not upside down or a bad logo or whatever it is. if nike messes up, they do it on purpose or they say it wa not supposed to be like the original. M&N just screws up big.. there is a bit of a different between a shoe with different logo's or colors and an authentic jersey with upside down letters. if it is a mistake like M&N has made, like the jordan '96 all star game of the tilted pistons jacket, and probably countless more, by nike standards they are consideredB-grades, yet M&N makes people still pay full price for their items, even if they are extremely overpriced.

There are a couple of different discussions going on at the same time, so people should clarify what they are talking about when they are giving M/N (or Nike) props or demerits.

Attention to detail - This is stuff like getting the color on a retro jersey or shoe right, the placement of lettering on a jerseys, minor details of a logo, etc. These are deviations that happen intentionally or accidentally during design.

Quality of materials - This is the underlying quality of the product. You can have a poor quality but accurate reproduction, or you can also have an extremely high quality item that is inaccurate.

Consistency - if I wear a 48 in basketball jerseys in 2008, would I still wear one now? Am i the same size in your baseball jerseys as hockey jerseys?

Quality control - Do true errors get out to the public? Attention to detail covers the accuracy of the original mold/template/whatever, but quality control refers to errors relative to the mold that are released to the public. A Jersey with the wrong font isn't a B-grade anymore than a Jordan Retro with the wrong material - those are just either intentional or accidental historical inaccuracies. Quality control refers to errors made in production - not during design.

I hate all the complaining about M&N, just don't buy it then. Yeah, some of their stuff is terrible now and quality is getting worse but so is everything else. I only buy their jackets and jerseys if they're 40% or 50% off. I think that's a fair price.

ooh so you're like that.. "just dont buy them".. that's cool.. but then there is no need to continue the discussion..

ooh so you're like that.. "just dont buy them".. that's cool.. but then there is no need to continue the discussion..

I am that guy. I don't like what's on the radio, I don't listen to the radio. I don't like how much Jordan's have gone up in the last five years, I don't buy Jordan's anymore. That's it. If I don't like, I don't buy. M&N is overpriced and some of their stuff is extremely off. I'm not gonna complain when I'm buying all of their clothing from 40%-70% off though.

you got one? :x i love that style

after i seen that post i was on ebay and snagged a Derrick Rose Rev 30 authentic for $50 :lol:

^ Chicago blank or an actual D Rose authentic?

actual D.Rose authentic :lol:

been wanting one since i got rid of my black and home last year. cant wait for summer already just need to get the length on the Rose and the Wall i have fixed and ill be happy.

New to the forum and I hope to contribute. Interesting post on the Lakers jersey. I've seen a few authentic rev30 hardwood classic jerseys from 2010-11 season. I know Modells sold some but I doubt NBAStore did or else there would be more in existence. It seems like there was not much demand for these and since then they haven't sold HWC jerseys in the rev30 style. They only make the "Soul" Swingman version and Mitchell & Ness Authentic version of the star player from that era. Let's hope that changes. 

had to do it for sentimental reasons and to add to the boston collection.....

New to the forum and I hope to contribute. Interesting post on the Lakers jersey. I've seen a few authentic rev30 hardwood classic jerseys from 2010-11 season. I know Modells sold some but I doubt NBAStore did or else there would be more in existence. It seems like there was not much demand for these and since then they haven't sold HWC jerseys in the rev30 style. They only make the "Soul" Swingman version and Mitchell & Ness Authentic version of the star player from that era. Let's hope that changes. 

uh they did sell rev 30 hardwood classics. it was only during the 2010-11 season where they sold authentics for all teams that wore HWC.

Back
Top Bottom