Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Chinese New Year one was an Authentic with twill numbers as well?

Unfortunately yeah...

The home 3X was twill also...didn't check the Road 4X...but I'm assuming they are twill as well. Unreal huh?

I've said it a thousand times as have most of us...

but who is in charge of adidas authentic merchandise, someone should be slapped for not putting out authentic products that are actually as advertised to match the on-court apparel.

They sell all other on-court apparel exactly like players wear other than the most worn item of clothing - GO FIGURE - the actual basketball jerseys they wear!

So I got tickets to the Dubs/Rockets Game 1 today, and although I was really excited for the game, I was equally excited to go to the Warriors Team Store at Oracle and see what Authentics they had. I was looking for the 4X tag, white home Curry, mainly because I wanted the jersey he wore when he broke the NBA record with 73 wins. Also, with the news that starting soon, the NBA was going to put advertisements on the jerseys, I wanted a clean Curry jersey before all the Subway/Fed Ex Dubs jerseys came out...

I was really disappointed that they only had the 3X jerseys from last year in the home white at Oracle (they had plenty of them though) and the blue road in the 4X (but I already have that one from the NBA Store Europe). I was about to exit the store and walk to my seats, when out in the corner of my eye, I see some Chinese New Year jerseys, and Saturday Slate jerseys....OF THE AUTHENTIC VARIETY!! I couldn't believe my eyes. Never thought I'd see these available to the public.

I picked up the Slate...the only disappointment is that they have twill numbers (but the front logo is mesh...go figure). Can't be too disappointed though at this beauty! They had a ton of both the Chinese New Year and the Slate. $350 a pop....
eek.gif

Now let's just hope this guy's ankle is okay after today....
that's my favorite warriors jersey!

it's dope,

would love to add it to my collection, some 2 or 3xl

even for 350 but no mesh numbers on back? that's silly....

Name and numbers for Nike retail authentics from 97-99 are only stitched and not glued first? Thinking about stripping one. 

Last edited:
I've said it a thousand times as have most of us...

but who is in charge of adidas authentic merchandise, someone should be slapped for not putting out authentic products that are actually as advertised to match the on-court apparel.

They sell all other on-court apparel exactly like players wear other than the most worn item of clothing - GO FIGURE - the actual basketball jerseys they wear!

It really is unbelievable. They can put a ridiculous price tag on it (i.e. 350) and people would still buy it. It's a win win for everyone. Every other major sport has authentics widely available for purchase.

It really is unbelievable. They can put a ridiculous price tag on it (i.e. 350) and people would still buy it. It's a win win for everyone. Every other major sport has authentics widely available for purchase.
Off the top of my head, MLB & MLS offer accurate on-field/court apparel and is widely avaiable to fans. Not necessarily true for NHL, NBA & NFL.

NHL: #1 issue is wrong lettering kits. Any "Authentic" ordered from NHL Shop will not match the team's actual details. Plus, the jersey itself will be an overseas copy (INDOEDGE) of the actual on-ice jerseys, which have different measurements and materials.

NBA: Twill numbers and bizarre placement of the name (sometimes the names will sag really low from the neck line). Actual Rev 30 with mesh numbers are always way too limited. The imprint of the "mesh" copy on these twill authentics drive me insane.

NFL: Materials on the Authentics are correct but the size of the lettering is always shorter on these retail authentics than the gamers. Plus, different players prefer different fits. The most obvious thing is the spandex omitted from the retail authentics, as players need this spandex to fit properly over pads.

Name and numbers for Nike retail authentics from 97-99 are only stitched and not glued first? Thinking about stripping one. 
i think it depends on team.

in 90s, team tailors were customizing all jerseys, not nike,

especially before season as it is right now where adidas customizing sets for every team in china/thailand(?)

and ship it before season, rest is customized as season goes on by teams tailors

He's talking about white-tag retail jerseys made in El Savador.... Numbers/letters are not glued on at all, and somehow, Nike managed to have cleaner stitchwork than 90's Champion.

Last edited:
have bad feelings about that new jerseys...

there was info about that ads on jerseys and that teams will decide to sell jerseys with or without ads

so jersey without ads is not the same as gamer

we have the same situation with ncaa

can't buy blank or jersey made the same way as gamer

only authentic jerseys or replicas

think it will be the same in nba when nike took it over. jerseys in stories will be authentic but they will be much different than gamers.

hope i'm wrong...

so if slates and cnys dropped... the city jerseys gotta be next man

I asked the guy that was helping me when I was getting the Slate and he said he heard rumblings that the City jerseys were next...anyone going to Oracle in the next couple of months for the Playoffs, please confirm for us!! :smokin

Reactions: OTG
I asked the guy that was helping me when I was getting the Slate and he said he heard rumblings that the City jerseys were next...anyone going to Oracle in the next couple of months for the Playoffs, please confirm for us!!
smokin.gif
lol lets hope that is true. Ive been checking back every so often for the city authentics. I was able to grad a slate and CNY yesterday, and hope to do the same tomorrow for game 2 lol. lets all hope..

I asked the guy that was helping me when I was getting the Slate and he said he heard rumblings that the City jerseys were next...anyone going to Oracle in the next couple of months for the Playoffs, please confirm for us!!
smokin.gif
oh boy.. plz let it happen lawd

Will the city be online?

Would have to get a steph 100% pretty much my fav jersey right now

have bad feelings about that new jerseys...
there was info about that ads on jerseys and that teams will decide to sell jerseys with or without ads
so jersey without ads is not the same as gamer

we have the same situation with ncaa
can't buy blank or jersey made the same way as gamer
only authentic jerseys or replicas

think it will be the same in nba when nike took it over. jerseys in stories will be authentic but they will be much different than gamers.
hope i'm wrong...

Nike going back to da status quo..

Nike authentics were bifurcated between da procuts & regular sizes..

Adidas for all da crap we give me merged da 2 lines of authentics under their stewardship.. So all da store bought authentics automatically came with that extra length.

These days though, with da NBA logo in da back & now possible intrusive ADs..da golden era of NBA jerseys is over...we'll always have M&N and knowing Nike they'll release

Their OWN retro jerseys ala 8403 jordans for any time they used to have a relationship with other NBA teams prior to Reebok taking everyone over. I see alot of potential in their early late 90's-00's warm ups that were uniquely Nike being re-issued.

Ill tell you what, if Da NBA logo returns to da front? Ill quietly tolerate a patch here and there...

Back
Top Bottom