...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

HAVE ANYBODY EVER HAD THEY BLACKBERRY

LIKE STOP CHARGING

LIKE IT WOULD CHARGE FOR FOUR SEC THEN STOP

MY WALL CHARGER HASNT BEEN WORKING FOR MONTHS NOW

BUT NOW ITS WHEN MY USB CHARGERS DONT WORK ANYMORE

I THINK CAUSE ITS TOO HOTT SO IT EXPANDS MY PHONES PORT AND DOESNT FIT ANY MORE

UNLESS IM WRONG ...I REALLY DONT WANT TO BUY A NEW PHONE

The charging port on your phone got ruined, ask your carrier to replace it for you if its still under the 1 year warranty.

Got a Blackberry Curve 8520 about a month or so ago for T-Mobile. Any suggestions as to any apps or anything for it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

So the long-awaited Blackberry Tour 2/Essex is now the CDMA BOLD

Is RIM Going to Release the Tour 9650 as a Bold now? Yup. As strange as it may sound to some and make a ton of sense to others, it definitely appears that this is what RIM intends to do. At this point the change of branding decision is still pretty fresh and I don't think every detail is yet set in stone, so when it comes to the actual device model number we're not quite certain. Calling it the BlackBerry Bold 9650 wouldn't make a lot of sense, as that would keep the Tour's 96xx numbers alive and further confuse things even though physically it looks more Tour-like in the body, so I think there's a better chance we'll now see this new device hit as a BlackBerry Bold 9750 or something along those lines with in the 97xx series of numbers (or maybe RIM will keep it uber simple and it'll just be the Bold 9700, now available to Verizon, Sprint et al).

Why is RIM going to do this? To keep people from getting pi$$ed off. Look, the Tour 9650 is what the original Tour should have been. The Storm2 got WiFi and the Curve 8520 got the optical trackpad. Had the Tour 9630 just been a little less behind in the development/rollout cycle it would have and should have hit the market with both of these new features. Anybody who reads the comments or forum posts to any Tour2 story that has surfaced in the past few months can see the reaction that original Tour 9630 owners have - they are NOT happy. Nor should they be. When the new Bold 97xx hits Verizon/Sprint, original Tour customers will still be ticked off despite the branding change, but this way there is now more distance from this issue for RIM and the carriers to fall back on (and no need for carriers to provide some sort of incentive to Tour1 owners to upgrade for less to a Tour2). The Tour name likely dies, it keeps RIM's brand lines from splitting equity and fragmenting too much, and as a further benefit there is no issue of the Tour2 being what the Tour1 should have been since it's now a different device and is the new Bold. It's a little sad and confusing, but also very logical at the same time.

via crackberry.com

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

HAVE ANYBODY EVER HAD THEY BLACKBERRY

LIKE STOP CHARGING

LIKE IT WOULD CHARGE FOR FOUR SEC THEN STOP

MY WALL CHARGER HASNT BEEN WORKING FOR MONTHS NOW

BUT NOW ITS WHEN MY USB CHARGERS DONT WORK ANYMORE

I THINK CAUSE ITS TOO HOTT SO IT EXPANDS MY PHONES PORT AND DOESNT FIT ANY MORE

UNLESS IM WRONG ...I REALLY DONT WANT TO BUY A NEW PHONE
The charging port on your phone got ruined, ask your carrier to replace it for you if its still under the 1 year warranty.

NEVER GOT THE WARRANTY ON IT
ohwell.gif

BUT I FOUND OUT THOSE TWO GOLD PORTS ON THE BACK OF THE PHONE

ARE +,- SIGNS

THAT ARE FOR THIS CHARGING POD YOU CAN BUY

WHICH IN FACT IS THE CORRECT WAY OF CHARGING A BB

BLACKBERRYS ARENT MEANT FOR USB CHARGING @ ALL ( ONLY FOR PC ACTIVITY ) 

THATS HOW THEY GET PEOPLE TO BUY NEW ONES AND SPEND MORE MONEY WITH THEM
mad.gif

ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT EVEN KNOW BOUT A BLACKBERRY CHARGING POD
eyes.gif
( I DIDNT ALSO TILL I RESEARCHED )

25i84yb.jpg

SAVES MONEY & HASSLE ( NOW I JUST CANT EVER CONNECT MY PHONE TO A PC AGAIN )
frown.gif

^^^ Info on where to cop on for a good price?

I have a BOLD!

Also why can't i see youtube vids on my browser?

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

So the long-awaited Blackberry Tour 2/Essex is now the CDMA BOLD

Is RIM Going to Release the Tour 9650 as a Bold now? Yup. As strange as it may sound to some and make a ton of sense to others, it definitely appears that this is what RIM intends to do. At this point the change of branding decision is still pretty fresh and I don't think every detail is yet set in stone, so when it comes to the actual device model number we're not quite certain. Calling it the BlackBerry Bold 9650 wouldn't make a lot of sense, as that would keep the Tour's 96xx numbers alive and further confuse things even though physically it looks more Tour-like in the body, so I think there's a better chance we'll now see this new device hit as a BlackBerry Bold 9750 or something along those lines with in the 97xx series of numbers (or maybe RIM will keep it uber simple and it'll just be the Bold 9700, now available to Verizon, Sprint et al).

Why is RIM going to do this? To keep people from getting pi$$ed off. Look, the Tour 9650 is what the original Tour should have been. The Storm2 got WiFi and the Curve 8520 got the optical trackpad. Had the Tour 9630 just been a little less behind in the development/rollout cycle it would have and should have hit the market with both of these new features. Anybody who reads the comments or forum posts to any Tour2 story that has surfaced in the past few months can see the reaction that original Tour 9630 owners have - they are NOT happy. Nor should they be. When the new Bold 97xx hits Verizon/Sprint, original Tour customers will still be ticked off despite the branding change, but this way there is now more distance from this issue for RIM and the carriers to fall back on (and no need for carriers to provide some sort of incentive to Tour1 owners to upgrade for less to a Tour2). The Tour name likely dies, it keeps RIM's brand lines from splitting equity and fragmenting too much, and as a further benefit there is no issue of the Tour2 being what the Tour1 should have been since it's now a different device and is the new Bold. It's a little sad and confusing, but also very logical at the same time.

via crackberry.com
sucks, i just recently got the original Tour
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JUS3

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I got the 8900 is there an official 5.0 update?

Pick one K
How's 5.0 running for 8900 users?

i did a 5.0 leaked upgrade (5.0.0.348) back in like sept or oct. YOU WONT REGRET IT. threaded sms, smoother application switches. i can't speak for the link above, which is the 5.0.0.461 version. i'm on at&t so i'll just wait until the official release through them

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Got the 9700, had it for a couple months now but does anyone else not receive notifications from there facebook apps? It did when I had the 9000...
check your profile settings..you might need to change them

Checked...I checked from within the facebook app and from the BB options menu under apps>facebook...checked for the latest version of FB, deleted and re-installed and still...am I just missing something here?

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

thinking of getting a Blackberry. is there one that is better than the rest? i'm with T-Mobile btw
Get the Bold 9700, it's the top of the line right now for T-Mobile.

So I've had the tour for a minute and randomly this app on my phone popped up saying :

"Wireless update process consists of three steps:requesting the news software, downloading the software, and then updating the software on your Blackberry device"

Can someone tell me wassup with this.....what does it mean?
roll.gif

Sweet, new leak for the 9000.

I actually just upgraded to 5.0 yesterday and I'm real glad I did. Finally feels like I'm using the phone the way it was meant to be used
pimp.gif

So I got the official 5.0 update for my tour last week, there was something wrong with the phone got it swapped out and both my phone and Desktop manager for Mac is telling me that there are no updates available???? But I DL'd it on my old tour last week from the wireless update in options??? anybody???

Originally Posted by DJ Entendre

So I got the official 5.0 update for my tour last week, there was something wrong with the phone got it swapped out and both my phone and Desktop manager for Mac is telling me that there are no updates available???? But I DL'd it on my old tour last week from the wireless update in options??? anybody???

1. Download BlackBerry Tour OS 5.0 software.

2. Install the software onto Mac.

3. Plug phone into Mac.

4. Open Desktop Manager.

5. Update now.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by DJ Entendre

1. Download BlackBerry Tour OS 5.0 software.

2. Install the software onto Mac.

3. Plug phone into Mac.

4. Open Desktop Manager.

5. Update now.
I followed the first steps but "Unarchiver" on my mac won't allow me to extract the .exe file???

Back
Top Bottom