...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Got the Twitter for Blackberry app. Its ok...public beta out later this year.

166lzeo.jpg

My-T.

I found some backgrounds that I'd like to get on my 9700. How do I go about getting it on there? Do I save the picture on my computer? Still a noob at this.

Originally Posted by GeneGreenRKO

My fellow BB heads quick question..I'm interested in the 9700 and I have the 8900 as of right now. How does the 9700 compare to the 8900? Is it better? Equal? I'm just curious to what 9700 owners think because I may try to gt the 9700 here soon..any help I would appreciate.
Didn't have an 8900 but I do own a 9700 and if you have 3G in your area then go for it.  Trackpad is amazing, plus the phone is fast and I haven't had any major problems with it.  If the upgrade isn't too much and you can afford it, go for it.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

I found some backgrounds that I'd like to get on my 9700. How do I go about getting it on there? Do I save the picture on my computer? Still a noob at this.
Either connect your BB to the computer and transfer the files just by dragging and dropping, or find the pictures using the browser on the BB.

I suggest all BB heads download the latest BOLT Browser 1.7beta:

bolt_logo.jpg

[h2]What is new in BOLT 1.7.[/h2]
Thanks to the tremendous response and great feedback we've received from the BOLT user community, we are happy to announce that we are releasing BOLT 1.7 with a host of new features and optimizations designed to improve usability and stability, including:
  • - Support for Widgets (web applications) that can be installed directly from BOLT
  • - Direct integration of Twitter Posting
  • - Advanced Download Manager – allowing for multiple simultaneous file downloads with pause - resume option
  • - Automatic socket support for most users (resulting in a 15% speed increase)
  • - Spanish and Russian language support
  • - Support for YouTube videos embedded in 3rd party sites
  • - Support for ESPN and CNN videos
  • - New shortcut keys that enable users to zoom in or out directly from the keypad, as well as navigating to the top or bottom of a page in full screen view
  • - BlackBerry-specific shortcut keys for scrolling to the top, bottom, left, and right of a page
  • - Common shortcut keys for both BlackBerry and non-BlackBerry devices with QWERTY keypad
  • - More sensitive button support on web forms
  • - Search widget to allow editing and searching of selected text on web page

Download link:  Bolt Browser v1.7 Beta

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by viiheaven

Why hasn't there been an OS update for T-Mo.. this is getting me annoyed.
What phone do you have?  I'm with the 9700 and I'm thinking updating to .442 from this link.
Oh, good looks. I guess I didn't notice cuz it didn't specify T-Mo. Have you noticed any significant changes?

Is there a big difference between 2G Edge and 3G for Tmobile??

I just picked up an unlocked Tour to run on Tmobile..and was just wondering if the difference is that much. Is there any way to use 3G with an unlocked tour?

Thanks.

I'll try the new Bolt, but every time I've tried I find myself going back to Opera Mini 5 beta 2.

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

I just picked up an unlocked Tour to run on Tmobile..and was just wondering if the difference is that much. Is there any way to use 3G with an unlocked tour?

Thanks.
You won't be able to use the 3G on Tmo unless you have a Tmo phone.

My-T.

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Why hasn't there been an OS update for T-Mo.. this is getting me annoyed.
What phone do you have?  I'm with the 9700 and I'm thinking updating to .442 from this link.
Oh, good looks. I guess I didn't notice cuz it didn't specify T-Mo. Have you noticed any significant changes?
I have not updated yet, I'm going to wait a little bit.  I'm good on .330 as of now.

Question for my MP3 BB users...is there a way that I can stop SMS,BBM and E-Mails from from pausing and restarting my music while playing?? I'm at 9700 user by the way

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Thanks.
You won't be able to use the 3G on Tmo unless you have a Tmo phone.

My-T.
Thanks for the clarification.

Another issue i'm confused about is...
I've read that Edge is actually 2.5G...so if i'm going to be running on "2G Edge" does that mean the internet will be slower than a phone that uses Edge? I'm too confused!
mad.gif

Alright i've had the .419 on my Tour since it first leaked and now i just recently loaded the official .484 to the phone....everything's running kinda alright (i still get the black screen and the registration email when i do a battery pull..even on the .484 build)...i can care less about those..

my biggest issue is with my picture gallery...when i take pics, they come out looking great (full resolution & all) but when i send them to the picture gallery and come back and check...both the thumbnails and enlarged pics come up grainy and extremely pixelated...its an eyesore, in my opinion lol..im petty like that

anyone else experienced/experiencing this?

anyone know how to resolve this problem?

i didnt have this problem with the .230 build but i dont want to downgrade the OS lol....did i mention i was petty LMAO?

Pic taken as is...sent to my email and uploaded
img00097201001261543.jpg

Screen cap of what the pic looks like when enlarged in the gallery
capture9124.jpg

Maybe it might just be my joint *shrugs*

i guess i'll wait for the VZW build to drop...hopefully it'll resolve this

I fail miserably at screen cap apps... I've used ZonaSnap and Capture It, both when used produce blank images. WTH?!

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Alright i've had the .419 on my Tour since it first leaked and now i just recently loaded the official .484 to the phone....everything's running kinda alright (i still get the black screen and the registration email when i do a battery pull..even on the .484 build)...i can care less about those..

my biggest issue is with my picture gallery...when i take pics, they come out looking great (full resolution & all) but when i send them to the picture gallery and come back and check...both the thumbnails and enlarged pics come up grainy and extremely pixelated...its an eyesore, in my opinion lol..im petty like that

anyone else experienced/experiencing this?

anyone know how to resolve this problem?

i didnt have this problem with the .230 build but i dont want to downgrade the OS lol....did i mention i was petty LMAO?

Pic taken as is...sent to my email and uploaded
img00097201001261543.jpg

Screen cap of what the pic looks like when enlarged in the gallery
capture9124.jpg

Maybe it might just be my joint *shrugs*

i guess i'll wait for the VZW build to drop...hopefully it'll resolve this

i got the exact same problem when i take its good but in the gallery its all grany, all i do is click on menu then hit View Actual Size & its gonna look good but everytime yu go to a new pic you have to do the same. kinda of a pain. btw im running .411 might upgrade soon. lets see if that fixes anything.

Back
Top Bottom