***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Cam >>> The Lox and Dipset

Cam was better than average but he was never top 5 or top 10 type talent. Confessions and SDE were both fire. Come Home is probably his best album.

His RBKs are wack as **** though.

I heard that Cam'ron Voice joint a few weeks ago. **** was hard but funny.

Cam always talking about new EPs and mixtapes and joints never drop. Still waiting on that A Trak joint.

Last edited:
Jimmy is a legend though, almost in the same vein as Chief Keef is.

Jimmy in the mid 2000's influenced so many ************* it's ridiculous

Nah b, I gotta give Jim legend status. Between we fly high, his rants and how dudes were copying his swag, he that dude.

Who Jim Jones influenced? In the South, Dipset is synonymous with Cam and Juelz. Nobody cared about Freaky Zeky, Hell Rell, or Jim. JR Writer got more acclaim then them n_'s. Had he not got locked up so much.

Jim Jones only a legend in Harlem.

Nobody was trying to "sound" or rap like Jim Jones in the 2000s. Stop with that far-fetched nonsense. Who tried to copy Jim Jones? Name names please :lol:

Who Jim Jones influenced? In the South, Dipset is synonymous with Cam and Juelz. Nobody cared about Freaky Zeky, Hell Rell, or Jim. JR Writer got more acclaim then them n_'s. Had he not got locked up so much.

Jim Jones only a legend in Harlem.

Eh. Can't agree with that. Jim was always part of the Big 3 in the crew.

Even when it came to music IMO. And then his persona outside of music. The rowdy ****. Flagging red etc.

You could even argue that there were moments when he was front and center because Cam kind of fell back on his own.

In that time period after Cam dropped Purple Haze in 04 and Jim was coming off big records from ON MY WAY TO CHRUCH (Certified Gangstas, Crunk Muzik) in 04, then HARLEM in 05 (Summer Wit Miami, Baby Girl) and then HUSTLER'S P.O.M.E. in 06 (We Fly High).

And can't forget "Pop Champagne" :lol:

Let's not re-write history now.

For the record though, I always thought Juelz was terrible so I'm kind of biased.

Last edited:

Jim is definitely a legend in NY...I dunno about this better than Cam nonsense y'all on, though.
jim jones a legend 
laugh.gif

never mind I didn't notice the screen names, NY stay tripping.

He prolly could've been a legend in track & field though 

Last edited:
The issue I have with Cam is when has he ever shouted out McGruff between COC and now? Besides a couple of spot songs. If that was his man and they came up rhyming together, why hasn't he done more for his career. Lord knows he needed it after he got ****** with that terrible Bad Boy influenced album. Instead you put all these people on, besides one of the people who you claim you grew up rhyming with.

Didn't Cam have problems with Mase also?

Just like Jim could have called Cam, Cam could have called hm. blocking him?

I think they'll eventually squash things, Juelz and Cam did.

But Cam was trying to downplay their friendship and saying he ain't from Harlem, dudes playing games with that.

I'm on the fence on jones being a legend. Part of a legendary group? Absolutely.

Individually? I don't know
IMO, a Hip-Hop legend is someone who  individually or part of a movement...reaches icon status. Whether that's for their rhymes, persona, image....whatever.

You won't be able to tell the story of Hip Hop through the the 21 century without mentioning Dipset and Jim Jones is at the forefront of that w/ Cam. That's legendary status. 

Last edited:
Jim a legend. After the We Fly video the dudes threw away the tall tee's and started dressing like him. The blood influence. He pretty much kept Dipset alive while Cam was supposed to give us that "hot summer".

The issue I have with Cam is when has he ever shouted out McGruff between COC and now? Besides a couple of spot songs. If that was his man and they came up rhyming together, why hasn't he done more for his career. Lord knows he needed it after he got ****** with that terrible Bad Boy influenced album. Instead you put all these people on, besides one of the people who you claim you grew up rhyming with.

Didn't Cam have problems with Mase also?

Just like Jim could have called Cam, Cam could have called hm. blocking him?

I think they'll eventually squash things, Juelz and Cam did.

But Cam was trying to downplay their friendship and saying he ain't from Harlem, dudes playing games with that.

That's my thing, now all of sudden yall was business partners? Really N? :lol:

Now Jim ain't Harlem cuz was born in the Bronx but raised in Harlem? :lol:

Jim was the goon early on. I'm sure if he wanted he could say way more about their past.

i love Cam, but there's things about his personality you can tell he just falls back instead of deal with a problem head on.

like yo...ya really beefing over instagram etiquette? :lol: :smh:

Purple Haze is Cam's worst album. People get distracted by the few classic records on there. Album is full of filler. So much trash on there. Rhymes and production.

Crime Pays is his most underrated album. That **** is so hard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom