Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Those are first on my wish list but I was thinking what if they want someone cheaper and younger?

Would love to see what j rich can do on a contender and Caron played well against Lebron in the regular season.

need a scorer and caron wont cut it...at 30 with hx of injuries...we have butler and brew to spell deng to take bron

need o
jrich fits

while i was a big fan of aaron, he is a rfa and if chi needs scoring, this season isnt enough to convince me...his d is solid tho (pause)

but there wont be a 2011/12 so we're good for a while

Has anyone heard anything about Noah working on hs game this short summer? I keep thinking about what Kareem said and how it was an open invitation. I already knowRose is in the gym (RIGHT NOW) but what about Noah?

I really hope this greed doesnt rob us of a year

Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah is scheduled to leave for France on Monday to begin preparation for a stint with Team France in the European Championships in Lithuania, according to a source close to the situation.

Noah, who has dual U.S. and French citizenship, is expected to be overseas for the next two months as the NBA lockout carries on.

France opens play in the European Championships on Aug. 31 against Latvia. The tournament runs through Sept. 18

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

i bet he gets injured

e0a259540174c860555a85664a7b7688b98c1af_r.jpg

So it looks like in a few weeks Rose will head to the Philippines along with Durant, Blake, Love, Iguodala and Chalmers to run some exhibition ball.

As much as I'd like to see Rose play ball again, I'd rather him not play over there.  Filipino players are dirty as hell man.  When they feel like the game is getting away from them, they'll try to hurt you. 

Noah needs to be working with other big men on post moves. If this CBA come with the hardcap and amnesty clause, Booz is gone. So Noah will have to be more productive on ofense.

Originally Posted by amel223

So it looks like in a few weeks Rose will head to the Philippines along with Durant, Blake, Love, Iguodala and Chalmers to run some exhibition ball.

As much as I'd like to see Rose play ball again, I'd rather him not play over there.  Filipino players are dirty as hell man.  When they feel like the game is getting away from them, they'll try to hurt you. 

laugh.gif
c'mon we're not all dirty players..just the older "uncle" types.

This should be interesting if it does push through.  Kobe is also supposedly joining them as well.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Noah needs to be working with other big men on post moves. If this CBA come with the hardcap and amnesty clause, Booz is gone. So Noah will have to be more productive on ofense.
As you said in another post, I'd love for him to work with Kareem.

Originally Posted by CAto312

laugh.gif

This should be interesting if it does push through.  Kobe is also supposedly joining them as well.
PBA is full of them uncle types though. 

My bad, I don't necessarily mean all filipino players.  I trust to stay injury free against most filipino americans but the ones home grown from the mainland scare the crap outta me lol. 

Originally Posted by CAto312

laugh.gif

PBA is full of them uncle types though. 

My bad, I don't necessarily mean all filipino players.  I trust to stay injury free against most filipino americans but the ones home grown from the mainland scare the crap outta me lol. 
No need to apologize!...I also hate playing against the uncle types.  After thinking about it, you're right the PBA is pretty rough and tumble.  I remember when the national team was touring here and they started a brawl at UMinnesota over some dirty fouling.  Let's hope this will turn out as just a friendly dunkfest/dribbling exhibition if this goes through. 

I wouldn't mind seeing DRose fredric-weis someone
glasses.gif

Word. 

My house only gets three filipino channels. 

I'm hoping they'll air the game on one of them.  Or do they have their own version of ESPN over there or something? 

And I'd rather Noah work with Hakeem then Kareem.

Yao Ming and Dwight both had vastly improved offensive games after Hakeem was through with them.  

Blake would put a hurtin on them
laugh.gif

God I love Derrick. He gets it. You have to put in the work and pay your dues, accept failure when it gets you and move on to become a winner.

Love that he and Russy are working together. It can only increase every facet of his game. Those 2 are the future of the PG position. John Wall might wanna call them up and work out with them. They run some tough workouts from what I have seen/heard.

A healthy Bulls team will be a tough out for the enxt 5 years IMO. And beyond that depending on who they get to play with Rose.

[h2]Tom Thibodeau undergoes knee surgery[/h2]

CHICAGO -- Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau underwent a right knee replacement on July 13 and is feeling much better than he has in months.

"I'm feeling fine," the veteran coach said during a phone conversation on Friday. "It was a very minor surgery. It's helped me a lot. Now I can get back to working out. The pain's gone."

[h4]More On The Bulls[/h4]
chi.gif

Can't get enough NBA news and notes? ESPNChicago.com has all the latest on the Chicago Bulls. Blog

• More coverage: Bulls Playoff Center

The Chicago Tribune first reported the news of Thibodeau's procedure on Thursday. Thibodeau can't believe that news of his surgery is actually "news," but when you're the NBA coach of the year and your team sprinted to the Eastern Conference Finals (and there's an NBA lockout going on), anything is possible.

Thibodeau originally injured the knee in college while playing for Salem State in Massachusetts, and as time wore on it became even more painful.

"I had surgery in college and it then became arthritic," he said. "It just got to a point where it was very difficult to work out because of the swelling after. But now it's fine."

Thibodeau had a noticeable limp during the season, but it didn't stop him from leading the Bulls to a league-best 62 regular season victories in his first season on the bench. In true Thibodeau fashion, the coach didn't want to use the painful injury as an excuse in any way. He said the injury didn't stop him, despite the obvious pain he appeared to be in at times.

"It wasn't bad at all," he said. "It's just something that eventually I knew I would have to care of. Just got it out of the way."

For Thibodeau, the best part of the procedure is that it allows him to do something he hasn't been able to do in a while -- work out in the gym.

"I'm back," he said. "I'm doing everything, actually. I'm able to work out again. On the elliptical, lifting and all that, so it's great."

Like everybody else, Thibodeau is waiting to see what happens with the lockout, and it's certainly driving him nuts that he can't have any contact with, or talk about, any of his players. But it should come as no surprise as to how he's keeping busy these days.

"Making preparations for next season," he said. "Studying film. Working on the playbooks, stuff like that. Working on our offseason projects."

By having knee surgery early in the summer, Thibodeau has already checked one of his of his biggest projects off the list.

Nick Friedell covers the Bulls for ESPNChicago.com and ESPN 1000.

Gotta talk about somethin while the lockout is in effect 
ohwell.gif

so apparently rose is going to tour again with kevin durant, chris paul and a couple ppl in austrailia.  I'm hoping to catch a live stream of that somehow.  

and oh also rose guarantees multiple championships.  i hope he's going to do everything in his power to back it up

Derrick Rose: “I’m going to win multiple championships

Back
Top Bottom