Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by illmatic34

I like the Butler pick. Mirotic on the other hand is absolutely stupid considering Marshon Brooks was on the board. I don't like it all. We're not gonna be able to buy him out of his contract so he can't contribute immediately. I'm assuming he is Boozer's replacement. But Brooks is the BPA and fills a need. I don't get it.

Guess that means we're going for a FA SG.
im with you on this, i would have like to see us get a SG but i gotta trust our front office.  I just dont have a lot of faith in the european system where we have to leave him over there for a while.  We hit a lick with Asik but you im surprised we didnt take a chance with Brooks
Edit:  NVM..yeah, that was an interesting choice...could've had Minny taking Brooks for us....

I'll trust the FO...unless Bogans trots out as the starting SG in the season opener
laugh.gif

Im sorry but the answer for the SG position was not going to be found in this draft. ANYWHERE.

Need to get a deadeye shooter at the 2 who can play some D as well. Possibly create a shot once in a while. SG Rookies like that usually go Top 7.

Originally Posted by CAto312

So does this mean JR Smith could be the next target?

As crazy as it sounds, it seems likely. I will not get happy or mad until I see this team on the court together. I am tired of getting too high or too low on offseason stuff. 

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Originally Posted by CAto312

So does this mean JR Smith could be the next target?

As crazy as it sounds, it seems likely. I will not get happy or mad until I see this team on the court together. I am tired of getting too high or too low on offseason stuff. 
I'm with you...last summer was a clear example. 

We'll just see what happens....

i like the bulls draft.....read the chad ford story on jimmy smith. and good idea to stash a euro and hope to get lucky

Not a fan of this draft at all. With Marshon Brooks there for the taking we decide to grab a European guy that we coulda gotten with a later pick. Jimmy Butler's story is a great one but that still doesn't address our need at the 2 Guard. 
And the Mavs traded their late first round pick for Rudy Fernandez. Salt on the wound 
30t6p3b.gif

Let's settle down and look at this a little more clearly.

-Our problems are better addressed with a veteran, not a rookie SG (probably why we didn't take Brooks)
-It was said before the draft we were going to get a European player to minimize the number of guaranteed contracts we had to give, which makes sense given the uncertainty with the future CBA
-Mirotic may or may not pan out, but we can definitely afford to have him play in Spain for 3-4 years for development/too expensive to buy out
-Butler is versatile, he can play 2/3 and defend those positions as well. He's not the answer for our 2 spot problem, but he does give us someone to spell Deng off the bench and another solid defender. He's obviously a good kid, hard worker, and will mesh well with our current guys.
-I have hope that we will eventually acquire someone....let's pray Bogans isn't starting when the season begins.

Basically, the jury is out until we see what else is done via free agency...

Originally Posted by Juice2352

Let's settle down and look at this a little more clearly.

-Our problems are better addressed with a veteran, not a rookie SG (probably why we didn't take Brooks)
-It was said before the draft we were going to get a European player to minimize the number of guaranteed contracts we had to give, which makes sense given the uncertainty with the future CBA
-Mirotic may or may not pan out, but we can definitely afford to have him play in Spain for 3-4 years for development/too expensive to buy out
-Butler is versatile, he can play 2/3 and defend those positions as well. He's not the answer for our 2 spot problem, but he does give us someone to spell Deng off the bench and another solid defender. He's obviously a good kid, hard worker, and will mesh well with our current guys.
-I have hope that we will eventually acquire someone....let's pray Bogans isn't starting when the season begins.

Basically, the jury is out until we see what else is done via free agency after new CBA...
agree with everything stated....no one in this draft was gonna come in take over the 2

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Not a fan of this draft at all. With Marshon Brooks there for the taking we decide to grab a European guy that we coulda gotten with a later pick. Jimmy Butler's story is a great one but that still doesn't address our need at the 2 Guard. 
And the Mavs traded their late first round pick for Rudy Fernandez. Salt on the wound 
30t6p3b.gif
You have to think there was a reason a lot of those teams passed on him when they needed help at the 2. Boston and Milwaukee both said no thanks. 

I like the little that I've seen from Mirotic, he seems like he'll be well worth the wait. And really like Butler he'll fit right in with our system and it never hurts to have another defensive minded player.

Like what Juice said, I'd rather have a veteran 2 gaurd who is just looking to contend instead of a rookie. I liked last night and excited to see that kid Butler play....Blind Side 2.0

I didnt watch many college games, but I like what the kid had to say. His big statements were about putting in the work so that he could guard lebron and wade, and also playing defense well enough to be on the floor. He may not be a true 2, but I feel that he might be capable of playing alongside Deng.

With all the perimeter players we have under contract, you kow a trade will be done. We've got Lucas, Pargo, Watson, Brewer, Butler, Butler and Bogans. Bogans, Lewis and Pargo all have non-guaranteed deals and Rasual is out of contract now. I say all that to say that we will be making a move, but I think J Butler should get a honest chance in training camp. I hope that Thibs won't be stubborn this year with his rotation and with giving a rookie player minutes if he is productive.

if jimmy butler crack the bulls rotation and spell the 2 at any point then this draft is a success no matter how you look at that milocic (however you spell it) draft pick

i like butler's size and his work ethic, those are two pluses already

if he can hit the corner 3 in the nba like he does in college (from what I've seen looking up youtube vids) then in my eyes he's already an upgrade from Bogans.

how quick is he?

Brewer Deng and Butler should be hounding wing players on defense all year. Hopefully it will save Deng's legs this year

Scottie Pippen crowns Michael Jordan
EmailPrintComments
By Nick Friedell
ESPNChicago.com
Archive
LISLE, Ill. -- Scottie Pippen said Friday he believes Michael Jordan is the greatest player in NBA history, despite remarks he made last month regarding Miami Heat forward LeBron James on ESPN Radio's "Mike and Mike In The Morning."

ESPNChicago.com Bulls blog
The latest news from Bulls reporter Nick Friedell. Blog

More coverage:

"The comments that I made were basically giving LeBron some props as a player, not to dismantle any player like Michael," Pippen said after a youth camp session at the Bulls/Sox academy. "We all know that he's the greatest player that ever played the game.

"I think it was taken a little bit out of context. I felt like I was drawing more of a conclusion from the statistics more than the accolades."

Pippen made the comments as the Heat eliminated the Chicago Bulls from the Eastern Conference finals.

"Michael Jordan is probably the greatest scorer to play the game," Pippen said last month. "But I may go as far as to say LeBron James may be the greatest player to ever play the game because he is so potent offensively that not only can he score at will but he keeps everybody involved.

Archive: Mike and Mike in the Morning

On May 27, basketball Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen originally said Michael Jordan was the greatest scorer ever, but LeBron James could be the greatest NBA player ever.

More Podcasts »
"You have to be on your P's and Q's on defense. No guy on the basketball court is a threat to score with LeBron James out there. Not only will LeBron dominate from the offensive end as well, but he's also doing it on the defensive end, which really makes him the complete package. He's able to get in those passing lanes, shoot those gaps and create transition opportunities where he is pretty much unstoppable."

Pippen said he's spoken to Jordan multiple times since he made the comments and there is no rift between the former teammates.

"I talk to Michael all the time," Pippen said. "There was no problem between me and Michael. I think [the media] chewed into it a little too much."

Pippen didn't appear to be very bothered by the backlash caused by his remarks.

"Ya know what? I kind of rolled off into the sunset, went down south and enjoyed no media, no TV and just enjoyed life," he said. "So I didn't really get a lot [of flak] from [the comments] as much as probably the organization had to deal with it. But I'm ready to move on from it."

I haven't seen too much of Butler but I think he can improve his shot with some work....his form looks good.

You fellas are right...let's wait til the season starts before passing too much judgement...moves to be made

Back from Vegas. Did get to see the pick. We were never gonna get a starting 2-guard out of this draft, but I dont mind what we did at all.

I'm a big Jimmy Butler fan, so naturally I was pissed he went to the Bulls
30t6p3b.gif

Thanks a lot, jerks.

Back
Top Bottom