OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

We had a book fair at the office. Look what I copped for 30 bucks :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: this thang is hella thick

Last edited:
Anyone else a huge fan of Rick Remender? Between Black Science, Deadly Class, Low & Tokyo Ghost, the man is just crushing the game :pimp:

You involved with these, or just posting them for those that are interested?

Where do i need to buy im at the part where neegan meets glen...

Negan first appears in issue 100, and that arc ends with 102. You are probably on Issue 103 /(Volume 18).

Last edited:
Dude that Tokyo Ghost is siiiiiiccccckkk!!! Art is amazing on that comic.

One of my most anticipated P/U this year

After reading it not too impressed with the art by this Williams III but the writing is okay I'll leave to it being a slow start I wasn't really expecting much.

That's yet to be seen.

Seems they've gave more away about the plot though. A hero dies and is killed by another hero. This predicting the future character foresees some hero causing some huge disaster. Iron Man is against punishing ppl for future crimes, and Cap Marvel is all for it.

It's basically superheroes fighting over the world should be like Minority Report. Kinda cool.

The art will be great without a doubt though.

Civil War 2? :smh: :smh: :smh: Marvel really just can't help themselves when it comes to cashing in on the films.

Last edited:
who was dead????

im going to read the secret wars this weekend, my brother has all the comics, i slacked. leaving america, i just couldn't catch up anymore when i was gone for a year

I enjoyed secret wars as an event it was good I read almost all the tie ins as well most of them were good but overall the story was great to me

who was dead????
There's been plenty of of Marvel heroes that have been dead for quite some time now from Jean Grey, Mar-Vell, Ben Reilly, etc. and that's not including villains.

It's just a teaser hint for some up coming comic this year. Just generating hype/curiosity/interest.

I know a lot have died. I was wondering who in particular they could/want. We still got jean right? have brought back.

Secret wars 9.... About to read it... What kinda comics people been scooping up lately?

Lately i've been collecting older comics that I didn't have in my collection. Both Marvel and DC have been releasing plenty of Omnibus and Absolute editions over the past few years of classic storylines. DC especially has been collecting a lot of Batman stories from specific writers and artists. Just ordered one yesterday by Doug Moench, who probably stands as one of my favorite writers to have worked on the Dark Knight.

Secret Wars was straight. Actually, that's probably underestimating it to some extent. It was very good overall. The thing about it is that it's not the typical Marvel event, in that it's not even a little bit self-contained. To understand what's going on you have to have been following Hickman's Avengers and New Avengers run from start to finish. And if there's one big problem with the event its that the Avengers as a whole are kind of just there. This isn't really an Avengers event. Its an Illuminati + Dr. Doom event. And the list of Illuminati that matter kind of decreases over time, because you've got Captain America and Iron Man dying before Secret Wars starts, at the literal end of the universe. Touching on that point however, that final scene of them still fighting was epic as ******* hell in every way, shape, and form. Might very well go down as one of my favorite moments/images in Marvel history. But that being said, this entire run has been terrible to some extent in terms of how amazingly idiotic the Illuminati have been by not telling anyone else what was going on. :smh: Doesn't make a single bit of sense. Back to the event itself however its just very strange how there were a lot of big name people like Spider-Man and Thor allowed to make it onto Battleworld but they then didn't play a major role. Hell, Reed Richards, the guy who "fixes" everything at the end and Doom's biggest enemy is just nowhere to be found for half of it. Just some strange decisions Hickman made along the way. All of that being said however, this is easily the best event that Marvel's put out in years. Leagues beyond Original Sin, Fear Itself, Civil War, AvX, Axis, etc. And I really think it's partially because it is the culmination of such a long run. Just like the Captain America vs Iron Man image will stick with me I think that the finale of Secret Wars, Dr. Doom and Mr. Fantastic duking it out with each other one last time before the universe is rebooted is...well fantastic lol.

So overall, were there problems I had with this event and Hickman's run as a whole? Absolutely. But it was still a very good event. I really won't be surprised if a few years down the line people are looking back on this as a modern classic.

Last edited:

though he created the character, I have those old X-force comics where deadpools in it a bunch, he's not really the "merc with a mounth"

the dead pool that everyone loves probably has more to do with the joe kelly stuff I imagine. If I were him id be salty. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom