OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Yeah his deadpool was pretty much Slade but in Marvel. Other writers took him over and made him into what we know now. I wonder if there's a T-Ray mention in this movie.

though he created the character, I have those old X-force comics where deadpools in it a bunch, he's not really the "merc with a mounth"

the dead pool that everyone loves probably has more to do with the joe kelly stuff I imagine. If I were him id be salty. :lol:

Deadpool was originally conceived as a serious New Mutants villain IIRC

though he created the character, I have those old X-force comics where deadpools in it a bunch, he's not really the "merc with a mounth"

the dead pool that everyone loves probably has more to do with the joe kelly stuff I imagine. If I were him id be salty. :lol:

Oh have no doubt. The stories about the temper tantrums Rob allegedly threw were hilarious. He was very mad what Marvel turned DP in to when he left Marvel.

Joe Kelly is a big part of it but really every writer just followed suit and made DP a wacky 4th wall breaking Spider-Man on roids.

If Liefeld had it his way, he'd just be Deathstroke with a lengthy amount of kills. At this point he's come to terms with it. I know he's more hyped about a potential X-Force movie.

So tight..... Was readin marvels black knight.... Really was digging it... Went Wednesday to get my weekly pick ups n was told black knight is canceled after number 5 smfh

Yeah it was a good book.

Imo they should've went with Kev Walker's art from the start. Not whoever they did launch with.

In the end it was a reach to think it'd sell. So in the end they're treating it like a mini. Which has been the case for the Black Knight stories over the past few years done by Tieri.

Last edited:
Yea he will no longer have his own books but will be appearing in a bunch of titles which I was told so we will see what happens

Bout to read Secret Wars 
nthat.gif

Ok fellas, going to start doing this Comic thing seriously. 

Was halfway through Secret Wars but never followed through. Is All New All Different a good place to start? I'm more into Marvel than anything else

All new all different is a good jumping on point. First page pretty much sums up an intro for the characters. But it definitively helps if you read some of the books before.

Was halfway through Secret Wars but never followed through. Is All New All Different a good place to start? I'm more into Marvel than anything else

I'd say you may as well go ahead and check out Hickman's entire run of Avengers and New Avengers personally, since it might end up being important down the line as the event that basically restarted the universe. Even now we're not really sure of the full effects of it. Though there are also a number of classic graphic novels and trades you can get for any particular character or team that you happen to be interested in as well.

what types of fiction do you like when it comes to movies tv?

Also someone reccomended Hickmans stuff but its pretty heady and can be kind of cold to some people. leans more into hard sci fi type stuff, i love it but im not sure his stuff is for everyone.

What everybody else said but I'd agree with just starting with ANAD.

After you get comfortable with what you like then some past events can be suggested to you.

The Spidey graphic novel I posted a pic of is something you can also check out as well.

what types of fiction do you like when it comes to movies tv?

Also someone reccomended Hickmans stuff but its pretty heady and can be kind of cold to some people. leans more into hard sci fi type stuff, i love it but im not sure his stuff is for everyone.
Some of my favorite movies:

- Blood Diamond

- The Prestige

- LOTR

- Kingsman

- All the Marvel movies (Winter Soldier probably my favorite out of them)

Characters who I tend to like/gravitate towards:

- Wolverine

- Gambit

Not sure if that helps at all!

Some of my favorite movies:
- Blood Diamond
- The Prestige
- LOTR
- Kingsman
- All the Marvel movies (Winter Soldier probably my favorite out of them)

Characters who I tend to like/gravitate towards:
- Wolverine
- Gambit

Not sure if that helps at all!

Well if you are looking for dark humour/action like The Kingsman maybe try.

Marvel
Uncanny X-Force Run (finished) by Rick Remender
- one of the best comic runs in a while. I think

Deadpool 1-45 (finished)- Gerry Duggan
Im not a huge deadpool fan but this stuff is great funny with some unexpectedly poignant moments, the writer is on the all new all different deadpool ongoing which I haven't read.

DC

Grayson (ongoing series)
nightwing becomes a spy. I know your more into marvel but I highly recommended this

Midnighter (ongoing series)
one of the more underrated and under utilized character he was originally from a team called the "authority" (one of the best "post 9/11" comic books, i recommend that as well)

Velvet (ongoing series)
- velvet is light no the humor, but has that same spy story, ambiguous period piece style. packed with mystery, unexpected twists and turns

The Prestige? Heady slightly disturbing, scifi mystery?

Marvel

The Vision by Tom King
(ongoing series)- for my money this is the best ongoing marvel comic. its a story about the Vision creating a synthziod family for himself and attempting to live in a suburban neighborhood something terrible happens that must be kept secret. I wont spoil it but if you like the prestige think this would be your best bet

Image/ Independent

Black Science b y rick remender (ongoing series)

a family of scientists think Fantastic Four type figure out how to access different dimensions someone sabotages the device and they are trapped hopping from one increasingly horrifying dimension to the next. a dark scifi Mystery, with just a hint of horror.

Unfollowed. (ongoing series)

a billionaire is terminally ill, he has decided to leave his fortune to 145 People, the fortune will be split evenly, if one of the 145 die before the billionaire does, that is on less person they have to split the money with. It sounds gimmicky but its really good promising new series.

LOTR? Fantasy, adventure huge world building?

Marvel

Thor: God of Thunder,
1- 25 (complete) by Jason Aaron

imo The best mainstream super hero run in the past 10 years I think. It's thor so it has a lot of fantasy elements to it.

also: The ongoing "The Mighty Thor" series by him is also really really good. it stars a female thor it takes place on earth, and feels most like a marvel movie I would say.

Image / Independant

Saga. (ongoing series) by Brain K Vaughn
Maybe the best ongoing comic running, incredible world building, has that family on a huge journey feel that you get from LOTR. in a scif world that reads more like fantasy

Bone by Jeff Smith
You've probably seen these in your local wal-mart, they look like kids books but they truly are all ages. Starts of light but gets more serious as it goes along and really amazing. Think LOTR X Pixar

Lazarus (ongoing series) by Greg Rucka
My favorite on going series Not fantasy but No comic does world building better. if you want a huge world that you can sink your teeth into, lazarus is you best bet.

I can't really think of anything like blood diamond. leme think on that :lol:

Last edited:

I don't know what I have to tell you to read the visions, but READ THE VISIONS.

Something special is happening. This is important.

Nice :pimp: Did you stay in artist alley or go to hear any of the announcements?

Mostly artist alley, got a two marvel corp boxes, and a few other thing too. I went home Saturday around 11 and chilled longer then anticipated and got back there at the 5 ish. Kinda regretted it bur oh well.

Definitely not posting all the links but it's been WonderCon this week and DC has announced the creative teams for their REBIRTH relaunch later this summer.

Rebirth

Discuss? Thoughts?

Definitely not posting all the links but it's been WonderCon this week and DC has announced the creative teams for their REBIRTH relaunch later this summer.

Rebirth

Discuss? Thoughts?

DC has been so bad for so long, none of these are an auto ither then Tom King Batman, and thats just off the stregth of his work on vision.

But the rest I'll wait for the reviews.

oh here is a link with creative teams a artwork

http://io9.gizmodo.com/dc-comics-just-unveiled-the-titles-and-creative-lineup-1767271410

Back
Top Bottom