OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Got marvel unlimited this month. The app acts up at times but life is much simpler compared to downloading torrents and loading them up

Most comics download don't come in PDF files, usually cbr files or something like that. I'm sure there is an app for a cbr reader though.

But get a library card, register for Hoopla, download the app, and you can download and read from a large listing of graphic novels for free and legally.

Thanks my man, appreciate that.

Got marvel unlimited this month. The app acts up at times but life is much simpler compared to downloading torrents and loading them up

I've thought about it.. You think it's worth it?

Yeah bro like I'm re reading old arcs and stuff I missed just tap and read. I share the account with my boy the $10 a month is nothing but it's even better splitting costs thought out the year.

The only drawback is new stuff isn't uploaded quick (sometimes weeks or months) so if you want new drops u have to buy or torrent

Good looks, I might have to do it..

It's worth it bro. Sign up for a month,'I'm sure you'll like it, you'll Def get your monies worth. Google for coupons sometimes they have deals for new accounts.

Also I think Comixology is starting an Unlimited type thing as well.

https://www.comixology.com/unlimited

I have the Marvel one and its pretty good. If they would offer me a deal to get the new stuff day of, I'd be sure to pay that. Having all my comics on my iPad is so clutch. DC needs to get hip ASAP

Last edited:
On the subject of DC rebirth can someone explain what's going on with Superman right now? Is New 52 Superman dead and New Earth Superman taking his place?

Also I think Comixology is starting an Unlimited type thing as well.

https://www.comixology.com/unlimited

I have the Marvel one and its pretty good. If they would offer me a deal to get the new stuff day of, I'd be sure to pay that. Having all my comics on my iPad is so clutch. DC needs to get hip ASAP
comixology one is limited at the moment, basically just the first or first few volumes on titles.

On the subject of DC rebirth can someone explain what's going on with Superman right now? Is New 52 Superman dead and New Earth Superman taking his place?
The postcrisis/preflashpoint Superman is taking over. Idk New Earth, my DC knowledge isn't that good.

The postcrisis/preflashpoint Superman is taking over. Idk New Earth, my DC knowledge isn't that good.

Golden Age Superman=Earth-Two Superman
Silver Age Superman=Pre-Crisis Superman=Earth-One Superman
Post-Crisis Superman=Pre-Flashpoint Superman=New Earth Superman
New 52 Superman=Prime Earth Superman=Earth-Zero Superman=Post-Flashpoint Superman

There are also slight variations of the above 4, but that's the general gist of it all. So you're both talking about the same Superman taking over and yeah New 52 Supes died :smh:

Last edited:
Pre-Flashpoint Supes was brought to Prime Earth after the events of Convergence. He's an older Clark who is married to Lois (who I think is from another alternate world) and has a son. DC has an ongoing Lois & Clark series with them.

I just read rebirth and... I guess?
He's dead, pre-52 Superman is back at least in Action comics, and his powers have split up to the new Superwoman = 52Lois (I think), 52Lana Lang, Chinese Superman, and that was all that was shown.

Its like the last death of Superman with the 4 imposters except this time it seems there are more good guys than bad.

Last edited:
CAN DC JUST STOP ******* WITH SUPERMAN :x just give me Superman as he is :frown:

I really need to figure out how to become a comic book writer

Last edited:
New 52 Superman is too morally complex and not completely straight laced. People complain.

They bring back the wholesome boy scout from pre-Flashpoint and kill the Supes people complained about. People complain.

Don't forget Lex Luther is now Superman and will be followed in Action Comics.
I'm honestly not even sure on everything now. I read the list of new comics weeks ago.

I knew about Lex but I knew he didbt get any of Superman's powers and I forgot which book he's in. I guess pre-52 Super is in the Superman title then.

New 52 Superman is too morally complex and not completely straight laced. People complain.

They bring back the wholesome boy scout from pre-Flashpoint and kill the Supes people complained about. People complain.
:lol: Basically. When I read comments on those comic forums it doesn't seem like a big loss to the hardcore Superman fans but there were newer fans that did like that version. He was a bit more darker in experiences.

That's why when I heard he was dying and they were bringing back hope that he'd be dead for good and the ppl who got his powers would have them for good but it's still strange to have 2 Lois Lanes and a Superman with this whole other set of experiences and memories in the JL. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Supes and killed family man Superman and gave his powers to someone else or just merged the two like they merged Earth's.

Last edited:
I loved New 52 Superman. Loved his new costume, hairstyle, and youthfulness and didn't see much of a difference between him and Post Crisis Superman. He's not a complicated character.

But this new nonsense is literally the same horse **** as Superman Blue/Red.

Just write good stories about an alien from Kansas who can fly instead of covering up your storytelling weaknesses by selling us dumb gimmicks.

Just as dumb as random skinhead motorcycle Superman.

Darwyne Cooke barely had Superman appear at all in New Frontier but got him better than 99% of current writers/moviemakers. :smh:

Last edited:
Won't fully disagree but I don't think this will end up as Superman blue/red :lol:

At the least it may create a new superhero in the Chinese dude.

If you didn't see much difference at least pre flashpoint Supes is back.

Last edited:
Oh God, Superman Blue and Red :smh: :smh: :smh: Classic example of taking a concept from the Silver Age and ruining it. That is still one of, if not the, worst Superman storylines in the years after his Death. You really have to acknowledge the difference between an iconic character and an average character. Because an average character would've had their series cancelled because of something like that. Superman? Powers returned to normal and the entire incident was just quietly placed in a dark room and forgotten about. I'm not someone that hates comics from the 90s off rip, but in an era where most of the big guns in the JLA were going through changes (Hal Jordan went insane, Oliver Queen died and was replaced by his son, Aquaman got his hook arm, Batman went through Knightfall, etc.) this was probably the worst.

Last edited:

Anyone get Batman #1 today? Tom King's new run.

Looks like it's starting with a Calendar Man arc. It's kind of interesting.

Is Tom King about to let Duke shine? He's even got his own outfit. Almost looks like it's Wu-Tang inspired. :pimp:

Last edited:
Yeah I checked it out. Looks good so far. What about Superman though?

Still not really a fan of New 52 Supes being dead, but I liked the issue and thought it was pretty heartwarming overall.

I've never been into Superman, so I didn't pick it up. I might when I go back on Friday to scour the dollar bin though.

I got Punisher #2 and Green Arrow #1 though. Green Arrow was meh. Punisher was good though.

Back
Top Bottom