OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

I always buy print. Marvel puts digital codes in their comics so you get both with them anyway. If I had a nice tablet, I might consider going digital for older, harder to find back issues that aren't collected and cost a lot of money to get.

Got the nice digital package that don't cost much.

I also like to support my local comic shop every now and then.
I'm thinking about going this route...

Only certain paperbacks I want. 

The package? Directly through Marvel & DC or some 3rd party company?

Marvel but comixology ain't bad. That market is still growing though so there's a lot of improvements to be made.

What makes comixology attractive is some deals they'll have every now and then like read as much as you can for this price or given what significant day it is, a free read or a bundle. Great deals on lots of issues, etc.

Zik, thanks on the head up of comixology. $5.99 isn't bad.  Going to signup for the free trial today.

Only copies I want are all the Rebirth on paperback. Perhaps some of the Civil War II Editions.

Still looking for Uncanny X-men 266 and 267 for a reasonable price 
mean.gif

Catching up on Invincible. Thragg vs Battle Beast was nice. If you're not reading Invincible, you're missing out.

Invincible has consistently been the hottest comic out for 10 years
I feel like Kirkman is putting all of his creative ideas in to that. Wish he himself would expand that universe by writing stories for the other characters. Pretty clear o.o he'd like to be working at Marvel or DC again but just without being told no :lol:

TWD somewhat fell off (not as bad as the show)

I feel like Kirkman is putting all of his creative ideas in to that. Wish he himself would expand that universe by writing stories for the other characters. Pretty clear o.o he'd like to be working at Marvel or DC again but just without being told no :lol:

Who's writing Tech Jacket? Isn't that the same universe?

Several of his characters from Invincible world have had their own series, but none lasting that long though.

Kirkman has slammed Marvel recently and I'm not sure he wants to work there again lol. He is one of senior partners at Image, so I not sure he even could work there atm.

He is rolling in the TV money nowadays, its 3(or 2 1/2) now with 4th pending? So I don't see why he wouldn't want to just stick with his creator owned stuff anyways.

Last edited:
Yeah I know but they don't last and he's not writing all of them or even most.

I'm aware of him bashing Marvel :lol: Son sounds bitter his books got cancelled cuz of low sales and his pitches got rejected. More bitter than the Image president.

When I say I think he wants to write for the big 2 it's cuz of all the storylines in Invincible; replace main hero with a black character, time travel to change the past, gimmicks, etc.

Didn't know he was a partner at Image

Last edited:
Also speaking of TV, Bendis now has a third TV show coming soon. Scarlet gonna be made over at CInemax.

What makes it so great? :nerd: I've heard about it and even read a few scans, but have never actually sat down and read any of the comics. Always looked good, but with so many books coming out i've yet to find the time.

Titans is one of the ones I was most excited for, but I didn't like the Rebirth issue. Hoping it gets better with #1. Green Arrow has been terrible. I loved Action Comics last week, but didn't like Supes this week.

Batman was great though. I liked DKR: The Last Crusade #1 too, but I also haven't hated DKIII. :\

Back on board for King's Batman.

Is it me or was there no promo for The Last Crusade? I'm gonna check out Miller on his own with JRJR on art.

Didn't even bother to try DK3 cuz to me it's just another Before Watchmen type cash in with not much in mind of making a great story.

Gave Superman #1 a try and I think I'm done on that.

Last edited:
So is Wally and Barry are both Flash again like pre-New 52? And black Wally is clearly Kid Flash....what about Bart Allen?

Lazarus is byck and better than ever.

Not into Civil War 2.

Tom King's Batman 1 was good, if he knocks this out the part he's officially my favorite writer.

Went back and read Tom King's Omega Men. Incredible.

Last edited:
So is Wally and Barry are both Flash again like pre-New 52? And black Wally is clearly Kid Flash....what about Bart Allen?

Hasn't appeared in a while, not since they basterdized his character to hell and back so that he barely resembled the original incarnation. :smh:

However, since they brought Wally back, it would actually make a lot of sense to bring Bart back. Because, unlike Wally, Bart actually appeared in his own tie-in during the original Flashpoint event where he was travelling through time and noting that something was wrong. It ended with him dying like right as he was coming into contact with Barry. If Barry now remembers everything again then it stands to reason that Bart's return might not be too far off :nerd:

Lazarus is byck and better than ever.

Not into Civil War 2.

Tom King's Batman 1 was good, if he knocks this out the part he's officially my favorite writer.

Went back and read Tom King's Omega Men. Incredible.

I need to read Omega Men. I might wait until August and just buy the collected edition since it's only 12 issues. Vision, Batman, and Daredevil gotta be my favourite ongoing series right now. Two of them are written by Tom King. :wow:

Back on board for Kong's Batman.

Is it me or was there no promo for The Last Crusade? I'm gonna check out Miller on his own with JRJR on art.

Didn't even bother to try DK3 cuz to me it's just another Before Watchmen type cash in with not much in mind of making a great story.

Gave Superman #1 a try and I think I'm done on that.

I honestly didn't know anything about The Last Crusade. I just saw it up on the racks and picked it up.

Back
Top Bottom