Official DESIIGNER thread VOL. New English mixtape out

Fabolous was originally a Ma$e clone so it could happen.

Nah this is wrong and this is all the way back to the sport days with clue. Puff wanted Fab to be his clone but Fab aint want to sign to Bad Boy...which is why Puff went after Loon. Fab never came in as a Mase close

Son, DJ clue track w/ Ma$e & Fabolous on da same track was like..

CVS_Ryu.jpg

That slow flow was signature Ma$e..da cadence & approach to da beat was identical..ill give it to Fab, he evolved..bit early on? Pssh straight clone

No one can listen to "If They Want It" and with a straight face say Fab didn't come from Mason Betha's sperm bank

I remember the first time I heard Bad Boys and I thought it was a new Biggie record. Then I saw the video and it was some new dude called Shine. :lol:

Maybe cause I actually listened to Shyne's album but his flow sounded nothing like BIG. They were both nasally and that's it.

No one can listen to "If They Want It" and with a straight face say Fab didn't come from Mason Betha's sperm bank

[Video]

Until i realized Fabolous was an actual rapper & not a superlative adlib drop by DJ Clue :lol: i thought this was just Ma$e & Foxy Brown[/Video]

Son, DJ clue track w/ Ma$e & Fabolous on da same track was like..

CVS_Ryu.jpg

That slow flow was signature Ma$e..da cadence & approach to da beat was identical..ill give it to Fab, he evolved..bit early on? Pssh straight clone

I still dont see it my dude. When Fab came in Mason was a whole different rapper. Fab cadence and flow was completely different then how Mase rapped and better too. I think yall getting them lazy slow voices to thinking they the same. If yall wanna say Loon then yeah of course...

Even the track they were on together with Foxy was no resemblence. That Fab/Mase thing came from people trying to force the issue and that got deaded quick.

Da thing was NO ONE else rapped like Ma$e until Fabolous came along... remember you talking mid-late 90's and wild R&B Ma$e features out already as blueprint...people noticed right away...Loon was another copy, but he came right from under Ma$e via that Harlem World Group..

mase-harlem-world-the-movement-cover-1.jpeg

Maybe cause I actually listened to Shyne's album but his flow sounded nothing like BIG. They were both nasally and that's it.

Yeah I listened to Shine's album too. A lot. Still think it's underrated. I remember lot of people thought he sounded like Big on Bad Boys.

Fab sure ended up sounding like one :lol:

Yeah voice def did :lol: but dude was raw.

Yea it was definitely just his voice, not flow/delivery. Loon though...yikes, it was damn near karaoke :lol:

Loon took Mase soul on I Need A Girl. :lol:

Last edited:
19 year old Chief Keef got better bars than 32 year old Future. Future ain't got the same wittiness or wordplay as Chief Keef.

Back
Top Bottom