Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

It's trash because they're literally rehashing a plot from a movie that came out 4 years ago
I get that but within these 5 episodes we dont know how theyre going to add stuff to make the story better (or worse) or what have you. i'm watching the 5th episode right now and im actually not minding the fact that theyre expanding on goku and beerus's first fight. seemed to go by way to quickly in the movie. Im not saying that its gonna be great but im just saying lets hold off judgement until theres enough out to actually call it trash lol

Yeah the animation for episode 5 was ***. And while i've liked most of the new stuff they've been adding so far, this time around it was just annoying, as it was still very clear that Beerus could've beaten Goku in a second, yet Goku for some reason keeps telling him to attack and wasting time by not going all out from the jump.

Watched the movie yesterday.. Loved the movie but hate the fact that gohan was so weak where he was just mystic gohan in BOG. Dude died from 1 punch. Goku didnt even need to turn SSJ to beat frieza prior to the golden form. What's that tell ya? Smh

Also Whis stated that the reason goku and Vegeta were too slow is because of how they think before they act blah blah.. Ummmm Goku can do instant transmission and whis cant so thats **** doesnt make sense

I'm not a fan of Gohan being a useless scrub either, but within the context of the story it makes sense. By the time of Resurrection he hasn't trained for like 5 years, compared to Frieza coming back to life and then spending 4 months, where he's actually training for the first time ever to develop his talents, hence he gains a massive boost in power. Goku in turn took a boost in power at the end of the last film, and has spent the time since training to master it.

And to use Instant Transmission Goku still has to think about it before hand, which is based on his regular speed, which is in turn hampered by his fighting style and opponent. Just because he has a technique that allows him to move instantly doesn't mean he's constantly thinking instantly.

Yeah the animation for episode 5 was ***. And while i've liked most of the new stuff they've been adding so far, this time around it was just annoying, as it was still very clear that Beerus could've beaten Goku in a second, yet Goku for some reason keeps telling him to attack and wasting time by not going all out from the jump.
I'm not a fan of Gohan being a useless scrub either, but within the context of the story it makes sense. By the time of Resurrection he hasn't trained for like 5 years, compared to Frieza coming back to life and then spending 4 months, where he's actually training for the first time ever to develop his talents, hence he gains a massive boost in power. Goku in turn took a boost in power at the end of the last film, and has spent the time since training to master it.

And to use Instant Transmission Goku still has to think about it before hand, which is based on his regular speed, which is in turn hampered by his fighting style and opponent. Just because he has a technique that allows him to move instantly doesn't mean he's constantly thinking instantly.
idc what anyone says, gohan not training for 5 years cant erase the progress he made. just doesnt make sense to me. it just doesnt make sense how becoming rusty changes the fact that he was the strongest person in the universe (at the point of the buu saga) the nerf doest make sense.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure gohan was the strongest (not in the universe tho) in the cell series not the buu series. Buu is where gotan and trunks got crunk.

It is disappointing tho that gohan is straight garbage now. Not even sure why he would stand in front of freeza with no SS at all. Like he was quitting before starting. Dude deserved to take that quick L.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure gohan was the strongest (not in the universe tho) in the cell series not the buu series. Buu is where gotan and trunks got crunk.
believe it or no he was the strongest at both points. in the buu saga when gohan got his powers unlocked he became the strongest character in the series (at that point) behind vegito. 

Last edited:

idc what anyone says, gohan not training for 5 years cant erase the progress he made. just doesnt make sense to me. it just doesnt make sense how becoming rusty changes the fact that he was the strongest person in the universe (at the point of the buu saga) the nerf doest make sense.

Makes perfect sense to me. Doesn't change the fact he WAS the strongest when Buu was defeated. But that was then and this is now, and other people have continued to improve in the years since. Along with his own skills fading over time.

believe it or no he was the strongest at both points. in the buu saga when gohan got his powers unlocked he became the strongest character in the series (at that point) behind vegito. 

O yea I remember now but I'm im sure he was only temporarily the strongest (still not the universe tho) since goku hadn't hit SS3 yet right? I do agree he was WAY TOO WEAK in the movie tho. I think had it been a series, we would have seen a longer fight. Probably gohan for a month then goku/vegita (spelling? Lol)

Makes perfect sense to me. Doesn't change the fact he WAS the strongest when Buu was defeated. But that was then and this is now, and other people have continued to improve in the years since. Along with his own skills fading over time.
but gohan isnt human (not entirely atleast). i could understand if after 20 years or something like that, but 5 years he goes from being as strong as he was, regardless of everyone getting stronger to "i think i can still turn super sayain" sounds less plausible to me then frieza training for 4 months and getting his power boost. 

O yea I remember now but I'm im sure he was only temporarily the strongest (still not the universe tho) since goku hadn't hit SS3 yet right? I do agree he was WAY TOO WEAK in the movie tho. I think had it been a series, we would have seen a longer fight. Probably gohan for a month then goku/vegita (spelling? Lol)
nope, gohan in the the buu saga was was much much much stronger than super ss3 goku and he was stronger than ss3 gotenks too. which is why i dont agree with the power drop.

but gohan isnt human (not entirely atleast). i could understand if after 20 years or something like that, but 5 years he goes from being as strong as he was, regardless of everyone getting stronger to "i think i can still turn super sayain" sounds less plausible to me then frieza training for 4 months and getting his power boost. 

The think he can still go super saiyan line was dumb. Shouldn't really be a question about that, as after 7 years he had no problem going super saiyan or super saiyan 3 against Buu. Beyond that statement it makes sense tho.

I'm calling it now. Platinum freeza 2020 :lol:

nope, gohan in the the buu saga was was much much much stronger than super ss3 goku and he was stronger than ss3 gotenks too. which is why i dont agree with the power drop.

You are probably right. The buu series is kind of blurry to me. I do agree that gohans fall off shouldn't have been that bad.

The think he can still go super saiyan line was dumb. Shouldn't really be a question about that, as after 7 years he had no problem going super saiyan or super saiyan 3 against Buu. Beyond that statement it makes sense tho.
i guess its just me then. i just dont get how gohan can go from being magnitudes stronger than ss3 goku at that point in the buu saga, to what seems like being weaker than he was in the cell saga after 5 years. that kind of drop in power doesnt make sense to me from someone who is capable of what hes capable of. as strong as they made him, coupled with the fact that hes half saiyan and a genius in his own right. being rusty should have affected his fighting skills for sure (not being able to anticipate a hit, or not maintaining proper form) but not his destructive power to the extent that its been nerfed. in my opinion atleast. his mystic form didnt seem like a "transformation" that needed to be mastered it was his new base.
I'm calling it now. Platinum freeza 2020
laugh.gif
i really hope not lol

Last edited:
Lol platinum frieza. Vegeta got it right in the new movie. Frieza should never resurrect again. Shouldn't have been brought back for this film in all honesty. :smh:

gohan being this weak is like expecting me not to believe that MJ couldnt shoot a free throw today, or AI couldnt cross anyone over anymore, certain things just cant be unlearned lol

That's not an accurate comparison. You're talking about Gohan's overall performance to MJ or AI doing one or two things related to basketball. Gohan's still able to utilize Ki and everything that involves, such as increased strength, speed, stamina, flying, energy attacks, etc. But isn't at the top of his game any longer, just like any athlete who retires and stops training/practicing for many years isn't going to be at the top of his/her game. Because we all know damn well that Jordan isn't going to step on the court and beat Lebron or Durant in a pickup game right now. That being said, let him stay in decent shape and play against someone who isn't one of the top players today and he'd still show that he's got some of the old magic. Gohan's the same way. He's not as strong as Beerus, Goku, Vegeta, or Frieza anymore for obvious reasons, but he's still leagues stronger than any of the other Z FIghters, with Frieza even pointing this out, hence him having to personally deal with Gohan himself.

That's not an accurate comparison. You're talking about Gohan's overall performance to MJ or AI doing one or two things related to basketball. Gohan's still able to utilize Ki and everything that involves, such as increased strength, speed, stamina, flying, energy attacks, etc. But isn't at the top of his game any longer, just like any athlete who retires and stops training/practicing for many years isn't going to be at the top of his/her game. Because we all know damn well that Jordan isn't going to step on the court and beat Lebron or Durant in a pickup game right now. That being said, let him stay in decent shape and play against someone who isn't one of the top players today and he'd still show that he's got some of the old magic. Gohan's the same way. He's not as strong as Beerus, Goku, Vegeta, or Frieza anymore for obvious reasons, but he's still leagues stronger than any of the other Z FIghters, with Frieza even pointing this out, hence him having to personally deal with Gohan himself.
i get that hes not hes not as strong as goku,vegeta, beerus, frieza, i guess frame of reference is just all the way off now that this whole new level of power that those mentioned have achieved at the point of frieza returning. although at the start of battle of the was gohan still stronger than goku and vegeta? pre ssg transformation of course

Last edited:
im here over analyzing this thing when in actuality, AT more than likely forgot that he made gohan so strong to begin with lol
roll.gif

Last edited:
i get that hes not hes not as strong as goku,vegeta, beerus, frieza, i guess frame of reference is just all the way off now that this whole new level of power that those mentioned have achieved at the point of frieza returning. although at the start of battle of the was gohan still stronger than goku and vegeta? pre ssg transformation of course

For Battle of Gods I firmly believe that there is no indication one way or the other in regards to how Gohan compares to Goku, before the film's ending of course. You could come up with theories, as Goku's been training and Gohan presumably hasn't, but in terms of showings Goku and Gohan fair exactly the same against Beerus. They're both instantly stomped, serving to show just how far above everyone this new villain is.

Back
Top Bottom