Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

This man is clearly smokin smothing

Coincidentally I was rolling up some blue dream while watching this morning's episode

The Vegeta vs Frieza battle? Bruh, neither of those are even in the Top 20 best Dragon Ball fights :lol: I wasn't blown away by Vegeta vs Frieza on Namek when I watched it as a kid and I wasn't blown away by their encounter in Super either. Terrible example, just terrible. If you're gonna tell me that Goku vs Frieza on Namek however (A fight that is actually worth talking about) is worse than Goku vs Frieza from Super and that it isn't something worth acknowledging then you're suffering from some kind of delusion. :lol: This hyping of Super and underestimation of Z is so ******* sad, because I believe that you truly mean everything you say. :smh:

You're clearly looking through nostalgia goggles. I'm asking you which one you'd prefer and you dismiss both conveniently ducking the question :lol: funny you mention Goku vs Frieza because I wanted to use that fight as an example compared to Goku vs Golden Frieza but Goku vs Frieza on namek wasn't a "fight". You had about 20 episodes of gut checks, dialogue, firing ki underwater, king kai watching snippets of the fight through babas orb, charging for a spirit bomb while Piccolo ACTUALLY fought Frieza and then Super Saiyan transformation which lead to more gut checks, followed by dialogue, followed by stare down's with lightning in the background and Frieza scowling calling Goku a monkey while being obsessed with his eyes in what amounted to the longest 5 minutes in anime history. Now im a fan, I won't deny that the frieza saga or all of Z for that matter is classic but Super built off of that and put it in your face. I would watch Goku vs Beerus any day over Goku vs Frieza, unless I'm clouded by nostalgia like 80% of this thread who would rule what I just said as blasphemy because it's "Goku vs. Frieza". I'll give a better comparison to see where your head is at. Goku vs. Hit or Trunks vs. Mecha Frieza. Now granted it's all subjective BUT I can't help but to think anybody who would choose the latter is blinded by nostalgia seeing that one clearly has WAY more action than the other...

Gohan v Super Buu >>>>> All of Super

:lol: so Gohan vs Super Buu is better than Goku vs Beerus?

Goku vs Vegeta is the best battle in DB history. Nostalgia or not. Goku vs Gold Frieza is 2nd

Dog TBH black might be Goten.

Remember in Naruto, everyone didn't believe the Tobi = Obito theory, but it came true.

Black might just be Goten

I thought Tobi was Obito the whole time. The name thing was just the dead giveaway.

Y'all boys trippin :lol: Goku would be able to sense his own son's ki. I think Black is timelines Goku who was weaned by Zamasu instead of grandpa Gohan since he landed. Zamasu raised him and taught him to hate humanity and to aide him in his quest. Also just like Trunks is always meant to be proficient with a sword no matter what time line he's in, Goku is always meant to come into contact with a heart virus no matter what time he's in. That would explain why he grabbed his chest in pain in his first couple of appearances randomly. The onset of the heart virus.....

Oh yeah, I think I've got it :nthat:

Let's be cereal, guys.

Let's not put DragonBallz on a pedestal. It was an entertaining show and I loved it but it's not that type of show that you put on a pedestal to compare all future shows to.

One fight would take like twenty episodes because of talking and staring at each other, lol

Goku vs Vegeta is the best battle in DB history. Nostalgia or not. Goku vs Gold Frieza is 2nd

Repped for acknowledging the greatness of Goku vs Golden Frieza and not waiting for 5 years down the line and the nostalgia filter to kick in. I've also been on record in saying that Goku going kaioken x4 and with the white pupils is the single greatest moment in anime history. Monkey boy went from wanting his grandpas Dragon ball back to Earth's champion/Superman :wow:

Last edited:

Coincidentally I was rolling up some blue dream while watching this morning's episode

The Vegeta vs Frieza battle? Bruh, neither of those are even in the Top 20 best Dragon Ball fights :lol: I wasn't blown away by Vegeta vs Frieza on Namek when I watched it as a kid and I wasn't blown away by their encounter in Super either. Terrible example, just terrible. If you're gonna tell me that Goku vs Frieza on Namek however (A fight that is actually worth talking about) is worse than Goku vs Frieza from Super and that it isn't something worth acknowledging then you're suffering from some kind of delusion. :lol: This hyping of Super and underestimation of Z is so ******* sad, because I believe that you truly mean everything you say. :smh:

You're clearly looking through nostalgia goggles. I'm asking you which one you'd prefer and you dismiss both conveniently ducking the question :lol: funny you mention Goku vs Frieza because I wanted to use that fight as an example compared to Goku vs Golden Frieza but Goku vs Frieza on namek wasn't a "fight". You had about 20 episodes of gut checks, dialogue, firing ki underwater, king kai watching snippets of the fight through babas orb, charging for a spirit bomb while Piccolo ACTUALLY fought Frieza and then Super Saiyan transformation which lead to more gut checks, followed by dialogue, followed by stare down's with lightning in the background and Frieza scowling calling Goku a monkey while being obsessed with his eyes in what amounted to the longest 5 minutes in anime history. Now im a fan, I won't deny that the frieza saga or all of Z for that matter is classic but Super built off of that and put it in your face. I would watch Goku vs Beerus any day over Goku vs Frieza, unless I'm clouded by nostalgia like 80% of this thread who would rule what I just said as blasphemy because it's "Goku vs. Frieza". I'll give a better comparison to see where your head is at. Goku vs. Hit or Trunks vs. Mecha Frieza. Now granted it's all subjective BUT I can't help but to think anybody who would choose the latter is blinded by nostalgia seeing that one clearly has WAY more action than the other...

"ducking" the question implies not answering, when I did answer. I wouldn't have either because neither is a good fight. I then gave you a far better example. There's no nostalgia goggles to speak of, you just chose 2 terrible fights. The first is Vegeta getting his *** handed to him be Frieza in perfect health. The second is LITERALLY the exact opposite, a perfectly healthy Vegeta beating on a weak *** Frieza. Neither is a satisfying fight or a good representation of their respective series or the franchise in general. Plain and simple, you could have used far better examples. As you just did with your newest example, you didn't even have to use the same characters. What you offered is a no win scenario, with neither satisfying me, so I wouldn't choose either.

So when you say that "Piccolo ACTUALLY fought Frieza" you're saying that Goku didn't? :lol: Out of your ******* mind. Granted, there was a good deal of talking since it spanned quite a few episodes, but there was a ton of fighting as well. Acting like they're isn't sounds like you didn't actually view the fight. Furthermore, you could just read the manga which cuts down on that anyways :lol:

Goku vs Hit>Future Trunks vs Frieza, the latter also not being a great fight :lol: Trunks vs Mecha Frieza lasted like a few minutes man. I have NEVER in my life seen anyone cite that was one of the best fights in the series either, just like i've never seen anyone cite Vegeta vs Frieza :lol: You're out here coming with these weak *** examples of fights. Goku vs Hit is the only decent one you've mentioned so far out of 4. :rofl:

Let's be cereal, guys.

Let's not put DragonBallz on a pedestal. It was an entertaining show and I loved it but it's not that type of show that you put on a pedestal to compare all future shows to.

One fight would take like twenty episodes because of talking and staring at each other, lol

Who is putting it on a pedestal though? Kingdom Flatbush criticized the latest episode of Super, as usual, after which lame resorted to criticizing Z, like usual. After which I personally questioned lame's criticizing since it sounds to me like he didn't like Z at all, which confused me because i'm then wondering why he even started watching Super to begin with if he didn't enjoy Z. I also said that the Saiyan and Namek arcs were better than the rehash arcs we got at the start of Super. Don't really see that as placing Z on a pedestal to be honest. They were just genuinely good arcs, with good villains, that told interesting stories. Placing it on a pedestal would have been if i'd said that Z was the greatest anime of all time or that there's no better anime arc than the Saiyan Saga. You know, something that actually effects a wide body of other entries in this medium or something.

Last edited:

Gohan v Super Buu >>>>> All of Super

Stop it. Be honest with yourself. The first 2 Sagas in Super were a pointless rehash of the last 2 films. Universe 6 was ok and just ok. The current Saga is the only notable one of the bunch from beginning to end. I don't understand how you can say **** Dragon Ball Z and talk about not understanding why people love it. Did you not like this franchise before Super or some ****? Do you just happen to think that Z is trash? **** is wrong with you :lol: There's no way in hell you're going to try to tell me that the Battle of Gods Saga and the Resurrection Saga were better then the Saiyan and Namek Sagas. Out of your damn mind, always trying to hype this **** up as better than it is. Just as bad as those Naruto fans who can't accept there was a drop in quality towards the end of the series. :smh:

Word

LK not sure why you out here fighting this battle b. Super is quarter pounder bunz. Stop it 5

I watch every week just to see if something good happens and it invariably doesnt.

TRASH TRASH TRASH

Last edited:
I thought Tobi was Obito the whole time. The name thing was just the dead giveaway.

A lot of people did. He was easily one of the most popular choices up through the reveal. Only person who I remember being as popular was Madara himself. Though many had an idea that it was Obito's body, but not Obito himself inside the body.

Last edited:
Just saw the last episode. I think Black is Goten is well. But it makes no sense how Black talking about getting the best out of "this body" when Goten is still young. Unless Goten got latent potential like Gohan

Just saw the last episode. I think Black is Goten is well. But it makes no sense how Black talking about getting the best out of "this body" when Goten is still young. Unless Goten got latent potential like Gohan
He definitely does. Turning SSJ at seven years old (Or three whichever theory you want to go with) and a half breed. Goten could easily become the GOAT.

Last edited:
"ducking" the question implies not answering, when I did answer. I wouldn't have either because neither is a good fight. I then gave you a far better example. There's no nostalgia goggles to speak of, you just chose 2 terrible fights. The first is Vegeta getting his *** handed to him be Frieza in perfect health. The second is LITERALLY the exact opposite, a perfectly healthy Vegeta beating on a weak *** Frieza. Neither is a satisfying fight or a good representation of their respective series or the franchise in general. Plain and simple, you could have used far better examples. As you just did with your newest example, you didn't even have to use the same characters. What you offered is a no win scenario, with neither satisfying me, so I wouldn't choose either.

So when you say that "Piccolo ACTUALLY fought Frieza" you're saying that Goku didn't? :lol: Out of your ******* mind. Granted, there was a good deal of talking since it spanned quite a few episodes, but there was a ton of fighting as well. Acting like they're isn't sounds like you didn't actually view the fight. Furthermore, you could just read the manga which cuts down on that anyways :lol:

Goku vs Hit>Future Trunks vs Frieza, the latter also not being a great fight :lol: Trunks vs Mecha Frieza lasted like a few minutes man. I have NEVER in my life seen anyone cite that was one of the best fights in the series either, just like i've never seen anyone cite Vegeta vs Frieza :lol: You're out here coming with these weak *** examples of fights. Goku vs Hit is the only decent one you've mentioned so far out of 4. :rofl:

I mentioned an Trunks vs. Frieza because it's an iconic moment from DBZ and wanted to see if you could truly be subjective. Now you do have to realize that you just gave Super a leg up over Z, correct? You mentioned universe 6 arc as "okay" but just put its main fight over the first appearance of arguably the most popular character in Dragon Ball Z....

Tell us how you really feel :nthat:

Word

LK not sure why you out here fighting this battle b. Super is quarter pounder bunz. Stop it 5

I watch every week just to see if something good happens and it invariably doesnt.

TRASH TRASH TRASH

Fam...2016 Dragon ball. 2016 Dragon ball....Twenty-sixteen Dragon Ball. Goku is a god and Emperor Pilaf makes me laugh. 30 years and it's still fun. C'mon dog, this is special off rip.

watch black turn out to be an android like cell that can absorb powers
laugh.gif

He definitely does. Turning SSJ at seven years old (Or three whichever theory you want to go with) and a half breed. Goten could easily become the GOAT.

He grabbed his chest guys :lol: it's Goku in some kind've capacity. Zamasu has the time ring. He raised that timelines Goku. The super Dragon told him all about Goku too so he'd know when and where he'd land when he was sent to earth...the more I think about it the more it makes sense. But these are all really fun theories. Super is so dope right now. Closest level of mystery Z had was who Trunks was and it was answered the very next episode

Black is Yamcha. Quote me on this.

He killed Bulma...still salty from her slideing Vegeta the yambs and letting him blast in em.

... :wow:

I mentioned an Trunks vs. Frieza because it's an iconic moment from DBZ and wanted to see if you could truly be subjective. Now you do have to realize that you just gave Super a leg up over Z, correct? You mentioned universe 6 arc as "okay" but just put its main fight over the first appearance of arguably the most popular character in Dragon Ball Z....

Tell us how you really feel :nthat:

View media item 2178287
Not following the implications of your logic at all dude. Because I think Goku vs Hit is better than Trunks vs Frieza that means what exactly? Certainly doesn't mean I think Super's better than Z, that I think the Universe 6 arc is better than the Android arc, or really anything other than that I think one fight is better than the other :lol: Trunks killing Frieza is an excellent moment in the series, a perfect introduction to Future Trunks character, but a mediocre fight. SSB Vegeta vs Golden Frieza is epic in that you finally get to see Vegeta dish out some much deserved payback against the being that ruined his entire life, but it's also a mediocre fight. To be as clear as I can possibly be, since you seem to be getting confused, moments do not equal fights. They are brief parts of a fight and nothing more. Another example would be Goku turning SS3 for the first time. Epic and one of my favorite moments in the series. SS3 Goku vs Majin Buu? Decent, but nothing special. SS3 Goku vs Kid Buu is far better. In turn, the Universe 6 arc consists of far more than just Goku vs Hit. That's the highlight of that arc by far, no contest or argument to be made. The rest of it is nothing special. Is it somehow supposed to be legendary because of one fight out of an entire tournament? :lol:

Last edited:
Look man all I am saying is why do we have an episode centered around Goku Blacks Identity? I thought they already told us that Zamatsu wished for a fake Goku. If it really was that, do we need an entire episode to flesh that out?  Why do we need an entire episode to tell us what we already know? Because what we already know is wrong.

Its not so simple because he needed a vessel most likely. Look at Goku Black.
  • Looks like Goku but not 100% like Him. Just like Goten
  • Less muscular build than Goku even when compared to little kid Goku. Just like Goten
  • Wearing long sleeves. Just like Goten
It's Goten

I'm totally open to being wrong and my one doubt is that the show wont want to cast such a huge shadow of doubt over a protagonist like that.

Last edited:
Personally, i'd be just fine with it being Goten. It'd actually give the character some purpose. Also kind of matches up. Even though we never saw one previously and one didn't exist in Trunks' timeline, there's a Future version of Trunks running around. Why not add a Future version of Goten? I'd like it even more if we got to see it lead to Trunks actually taking Black down.

If it's Goten then why is his ki similar to Zamasau? And surely they would recognize Goten's ki even if he is from a different timeline.

Gimme a legit a reason how do you guys come to conclusion that Goten is black?..except the fact that you're not seeing him in this current arc

Only a kaioshin can wear a time ring. Black has a similar ki as Zamasu. So...

View media item 2178287
Not following the implications of your logic at all dude. Because I think Goku vs Hit is better than Trunks vs Frieza that means what exactly? Certainly doesn't mean I think Super's better than Z, that I think the Universe 6 arc is better than the Android arc, or really anything other than that I think one fight is better than the other :lol: Trunks killing Frieza is an excellent moment in the series, a perfect introduction to Future Trunks character, but a mediocre fight.SSB Vegeta vs Golden Frieza is epic in that you finally get to see Vegeta dish out some much deserved payback against the being that ruined his entire life, but it's also a mediocre fight. To be as clear as I can possibly be, since you seem to be getting confused, moments do not equal fights. They are brief parts of a fight and nothing more. Another example would be Goku turning SS3 for the first time. Epic and one of my favorite moments in the series. SS3 Goku vs Majin Buu? Decent, but nothing special. SS3 Goku vs Kid Buu is far better. In turn, the Universe 6 arc consists of far more than just Goku vs Hit. That's the highlight of that arc by far, no contest or argument to be made. The rest of it is nothing special. Is it somehow supposed to be legendary because of one fight out of an entire tournament? :lol:

What is bolded is the root that I wanted to acknowledge. Comparing the fights between the series at the end of the day is subjective but if you can acknowledge that Super has had great moments so far with only a year under its belt then you have to know the next 4-5-6 years of this show can only go up. There are brief moments that rival its legendary counterpart already. Only thing is I'm stating the inevitable at this point, Super > Z. :nthat: y'all will feel me. It may take a couple years but y'all will def feel me.

Look man all I am saying is why do we have an episode centered around Goku Blacks Identity? I thought they already told us that Zamatsu wished for a fake Goku. If it really was that, do we need an entire episode to flesh that out?  Why do we need an entire episode to tell us what we already know? Because what we already know is wrong.

Its not so simple because he needed a vessel most likely. Look at Goku Black.

• Looks like Goku but not 100% like Him. Just like Goten
  • Less muscular build than Goku even when compared to little kid Goku. Just like Goten
  • Wearing long sleeves. Just like Goten

It's Goten

I'm totally open to being wrong and my one doubt is that the show wont want to cast such a huge shadow of doubt over a protagonist like that.

This is a straight reddit theory :lol: and again I actually like the theory and it would be a wild twist to say the least but it would leave more questions after answering that one big question as to who Black is.

What time line would that Goten be from? I mean the whole Mai thing being in Future Trunks' time makes it to where they could be lazy and throw Goten in there but why would Trunks' master have a little brother that he wasn't training as well?

How would Goku not pick up on his own sons Ki or anyone else for that matter like Beerus or Whis? Looking like Goku is one thing but having the same ki as him?

And then the big daddy of all questions....why did Black grab his chest? The heart virus thing hasn't been talked about enough but when Black grabbed his chest, it was one of those scenes that was emphasized early on. Even today's episode mentioned that Goku and Black are "one and the same". Goten is his son and all but he isn't Goku. Black IS Goku. Goku with Kaioshin powers.

Last edited:
View media item 2178287
Not following the implications of your logic at all dude. Because I think Goku vs Hit is better than Trunks vs Frieza that means what exactly? Certainly doesn't mean I think Super's better than Z, that I think the Universe 6 arc is better than the Android arc, or really anything other than that I think one fight is better than the other :lol: Trunks killing Frieza is an excellent moment in the series, a perfect introduction to Future Trunks character, but a mediocre fight.SSB Vegeta vs Golden Frieza is epic in that you finally get to see Vegeta dish out some much deserved payback against the being that ruined his entire life, but it's also a mediocre fight. To be as clear as I can possibly be, since you seem to be getting confused, moments do not equal fights. They are brief parts of a fight and nothing more. Another example would be Goku turning SS3 for the first time. Epic and one of my favorite moments in the series. SS3 Goku vs Majin Buu? Decent, but nothing special. SS3 Goku vs Kid Buu is far better. In turn, the Universe 6 arc consists of far more than just Goku vs Hit. That's the highlight of that arc by far, no contest or argument to be made. The rest of it is nothing special. Is it somehow supposed to be legendary because of one fight out of an entire tournament? :lol:

What is bolded is the root that I wanted to acknowledge. Comparing the fights between the series at the end of the day is subjective but if you can acknowledge that Super has had great moments so far with only a year under its belt then you have to know the next 4-5-6 years of this show can only go up. There are brief moments that rival its legendary counterpart already. Only thing is I'm stating the inevitable at this point, Super > Z. :nthat: y'all will feel me. It may take a couple years but y'all will def feel me.

If that's all you wanted to point out you went about it in a truly terrible fashion :lol:

The rest is the same faulty logic you just displayed previously. Because Super has had good moments so far it's somehow destined to be better than Z? That's like saying Boruto's new series is destined to be better than Naruto's :lol: You and KingdomFlatbush make quite a pair. One who has plenty of critcism for Super and another who can't stop pouring affection on it :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom