Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

:rofl:

Wait
:rofl: :rofl: because ol boy is serious about this :rofl:

What makes Z better than Super?

If that's all you wanted to point out you went about it in a truly terrible fashion :lol:

The rest is the same faulty logic you just displayed previously. Because Super has had good moments so far it's somehow destined to be better than Z? That's like saying Boruto's new series is destined to be better than Naruto's :lol: You and KingdomFlatbush make quite a pair. One who has plenty of critcism for Super and another who can't stop pouring affection on it :rofl:

Boruto is building off the legacy of Naruto. So you have new material of a beloved series, why wouldn't it be poised to be better than Naruto especially considering there is new technology that will add improvements to animation.

Y'all be so afraid of change man. :lol:

Boruto is building off the legacy of Naruto. So you have new material of a beloved series, why wouldn't it be poised to be better than Naruto especially considering there is new technology that will add improvements to animation.

Because whether or not a series is better is about writing and not the premise :lol: By that logic, GT should have been better than Z and pretty much all modern anime should be better than older anime. :rofl: Heck by that logic the newer arcs of every series should always be better than the older arcs, but that isn't the case. Sounds like you place flash over substance.

Always pulling these random excuses out of the air to explain people not agreeing with you. Nostalgia goggles, afraid of change :lol: **** is sad.

Goku would merk the whole Naruto universe. Keep that wack **** outta here.

No one said he wouldn't.

Last edited:
What makes Z better than Super?

Frieza, cell and buu sagas with actual villains and actual sakes to loose rather than comical gods of destructions, god transformations that make the characters look softer than they did before they transformed, and no actual threats until now and even now folks are just more interested in has black was formed rather than who/how black will be defeated. Not to mention how much super his disrespected the **** outta Gohan and Vegeta. Most folks wouldn't even still be watching super if we hadn't already invested this much time into this struggling to be mediocre series.

Because whether or not a series is better is about writing and not the premise :lol: By that logic, GT should have been better than Z and pretty much all modern anime should be better than older anime. :rofl: Heck by that logic the newer arcs of every series should always be better than the older arcs, but that isn't the case. Sounds like you place flash over substance.

Always pulling these random excuses out of the air to explain people not agreeing with you. Nostalgia goggles, afraid of change :lol: **** is sad.

But you built off of a successful premise, no? And you added to it.

I'll give an example, take Star Wars for instance. A New Hope, vs The Force awakens. Force awakens is better visually, better sound effects wise and made more money than A New hope. It's even the same damn story as a New hope? Why do most Star Wars fans think A New Hope is better....

"It did it first"

"Nothing compares to the first time seeing..."

"It was fresh and new and..."

#nostalgia

Very similar to DBZ fans in here except I can acknowledge that the animation isn't as crisp as Z which can be pointed out but nowhere near as bad as it's made to seem

But you built off of a successful premise, no? And you added to it.

I'll give an example, take Star Wars for instance. A New Hope, vs The Force awakens. Force awakens is better visually, better sound effects wise and made more money than A New hope. It's even the same damn story as a New hope? Why do most Star Wars fans think A New Hope is better....

"It did it first"

"Nothing compares to the first time seeing..."

"It was fresh and new and..."

#nostalgia

Very similar to DBZ fans in here except I can acknowledge that the animation isn't as crisp as Z which can be pointed out but nowhere near as bad as it's made to seem

Better visuals and sound effects don't make for a better written story for one thing, which is really what it comes down too. By that logic the Prequels have to be better than the Originals and they all built off the same thing. And as I said previously, by that logic you must think that GT is better than Z, because Z was successful as **** and itself stemmed from DB :lol: And again, you must be applying that to all anime in existence. And obviously I think we both knew you're not doing any of these things. Heck look at the Terminator franchise. I don't know a single person who thought the most recent film was good or anywhere near as good as some of the older entries, even though it has better, modern technology to pull from. Why? Because the writing for the most recent film was crap. Writing being good for one entry of a series never means it will continue to be so for future entries.

Last edited:
Frieza, cell and buu sagas with actual villains and actual sakes to loose rather than comical gods of destructions, god transformations that make the characters look softer than they did before they transformed, and no actual threats until now and even now folks are just more interested in has black was formed rather than who/how black will be defeated. Not to mention how much super his disrespected the **** outta Gohan and Vegeta. Most folks wouldn't even still be watching super if we hadn't already invested this much time into this struggling to be mediocre series.

You had 20 years to come to this conclusion and yet you're writing off Super in its second year of inception. Vegeta was taking L's way before Super was even thought of (Frieza, death beam, Android 18 kick to the arm, being shook by Broly, getting raped by perfect cell, getting knocked out of the scene by Hirudegarn, etc) Super made him a God, yet no appreciation. Gohan did more in Z than Vegeta has ever done and his story is yet to conclude. He's poised to have a story arc soon.

I just personally don't get the nitpicks with Super and the revisionist history with Z. And for clarification, I love Dragon Ball Z.

So basically, Super continued the trend of Vegeta taking L's, therefore if Vegeta takes an L in Super it doesn't matter? And Gohan has been trash so far in Super, but has a story arc coming up so it doesn't matter? :lol: I see the same logic being used here that I see used for other series, talking about what might happen in the future and getting annoyed at people for judging it on what's actually happened so far :rofl: Silly as always.

Better visuals and sound effects don't make for a better written story for one thing, which is really what it comes down too. By that logic the Prequels have to be better than the Originals and they all built off the same thing. And as I said previously, by that logic you must think that GT is better than Z, because Z was successful as **** and itself stemmed from DB :lol: And again, you must be applying that to all anime in existence. And obviously I think we both knew you're not doing any of these things. Heck look at the Terminator franchise. I don't know a single person who thought the most recent film was good or anywhere near as good as some of the older entries, even though it has better, modern technology to pull from. Why? Because the writing for the most recent film was crap. Writing being good for one entry of a series never means it will continue to be so for future entries.

Terminator 1 and 2 are classics because Cameron was at helm. The rest, not so much because he wasn't at the helm

Dragon ball and Dragon ball Z are classics because Toriyama was at the helm, GT, not so much because he wasn't at the helm.

So now we have Super, who's vision is that? Are we going to forsake the man who's made Monkey boy and his grandpas artifact relevant for 30 years?

So basically, Super continued the trend of Vegeta taking L's, therefore if Vegeta takes an L in Super it doesn't matter? And Gohan has been trash so far in Super, but has a story arc coming up so it doesn't matter?
laugh.gif
I see the same logic being used here that I see used for other series, talking about what might happen in the future and getting annoyed at people for judging it on what's actually happened so far
roll.gif
Silly as always.
Vegeta caused most of the problems in Z (though they gave us a good story).

Terminator 1 and 2 are classics because Cameron was at helm. The rest, not so much because he wasn't at the helm

Dragon ball and Dragon ball Z are classics because Toriyama was at the helm, GT, not so much because he wasn't at the helm.

So now we have Super, who's vision is that? Are we going to forsake the man who's made Monkey boy and his grandpas artifact relevant for 30 years?

Ergo, better graphics doesn't mean **** :lol: Writing does. Lucas wrote the first 6 Star Wars film bro. So by your logic, the Prequels must be better than the Originals :rolleyes Which i'm sure we both know you don't think. Again, just because one entry in a franchise is good doesn't mean the next one is guaranteed to be better or even good at all. Honestly, stop trying to stick to that terrible statement.

Don't know what this talk of forsaking is about. If Toriyama writes a bad story and people don't like it that's on him. They don't owe him anything. **** outta here. He wrote Z and they loved it, they praised him. If he writes Super and they hate it, then it's the same thing and has nothing to do with forsaking anything.

So basically, Super continued the trend of Vegeta taking L's, therefore if Vegeta takes an L in Super it doesn't matter? And Gohan has been trash so far in Super, but has a story arc coming up so it doesn't matter? :lol: I see the same logic being used here that I see used for other series, talking about what might happen in the future and getting annoyed at people for judging it on what's actually happened so far :rofl: Silly as always.

Vegeta caused most of the problems in Z (though they gave us a good story).

When did I say he wasn't?

Last edited:

Like I mentioned earlier, if NT was a forum in the late 80's/ early 90's we'd be in this exact thread talking about how stupid it is that Goku is an alien from another planet and that Demon King Jr. is taking care of his arch enemies kid....

Like I mentioned earlier, if NT was a forum in the late 80's/ early 90's we'd be in this exact thread talking about how stupid it is that Goku is an alien from another planet and that Demon King Jr. is taking care of his arch enemies kid....

Assumption you can't possibly begin to prove. :lol:

Ergo, better graphics doesn't mean ****
laugh.gif
Writing does. Lucas wrote the first 6 Star Wars film bro. So by your logic, the Prequels must be better than the Originals
eyes.gif
Which i'm sure we both know you don't think. Again, just because one entry in a franchise is good doesn't mean the next one is guaranteed to be better or even good at all. Honestly, stop trying to stick to that terrible statement.

Don't know what this talk of forsaking is about. If Toriyama writes a bad story and people don't like it that's on him. They don't owe him anything. **** outta here. He wrote Z and they loved it, they praised him. If he writes Super and they hate it, then it's the same thing and has nothing to do with forsaking anything.
When did I say he wasn't?
It's just Karma, that's why he gets knocked around some of the time.

It's just Karma, that's why he gets knocked around some of the time.

Oh of course. That *** whooping by Perfect Cell is something he brought on himself. :lol: Same with Majin Buu, since he chose to knock Goku out instead of go fight with Goku and their previous fight is what allowed Buu to be resurrected.

Last edited:
Ergo, better graphics doesn't mean **** :lol: Writing does. Lucas wrote the first 6 Star Wars film bro. So by your logic, the Prequels must be better than the Originals :rolleyes Which i'm sure we both know you don't think. Again, just because one entry in a franchise is good doesn't mean the next one is guaranteed to be better or even good at all. Honestly, stop trying to stick to that terrible statement.

But Z had a 7 year run and then another 20 years of reruns to imprint itself on the mind of viewers. This is Super's second year? If the story isn't given time to maturate then then you've forsaken the man that made all this weird stuff cool to begin with.

Oh of course. That *** whooping by Perfect Cell is something he brought on himself.
laugh.gif
Same with Majin Buu, since he chose to knock Goku out instead of go fight with Goku and their previous fight is what allowed Buu to be resurrected.
Same with Frieza, taunting him to transform.

But Z had a 7 year run and then another 20 years of reruns to imprint itself on the mind of viewers. This is Super's second year? If the story isn't given time to maturate then then you've forsaken the man that made all this weird stuff cool to begin with.

But people are still watching the story unfold :stoneface: Forsaking is not the same as criticizing. It's abandoning entirely, which clearly no one in here has done. So sorry, but no. Like I said before, it's the same argument people always try to make when they're annoyed at others for judging a series based off of what they've currently seen of it. Heck, Kingdom stays critiquing every episode and pointing out the things he doesn't like about them, but he still watches every episode. So he hasn't forsaken anything. He wants the series to be good, wants to enjoy it, but just isn't satisfied with what he's getting. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Oh of course. That *** whooping by Perfect Cell is something he brought on himself. :lol: Same with Majin Buu, since he chose to knock Goku out instead of go fight with Goku and their previous fight is what allowed Buu to be resurrected.

Same with Frieza, taunting him to transform.

That was a bad move, but that's a situation that would have gone the same way regardless.

Unlike Cell, Frieza could transform off rip. Unlike Buu, he was always awake and ready to kick ***. Nothing Vegeta did or didn't do was going to change how that fight played out.

Last edited:
But people are still watching the story unfold
indifferent.gif
Forsaking is not the same as criticizing. It's abandoning entirely, which clearly no one in here has done. So sorry, but no. Like I said before, it's the same argument people always try to make when they're annoyed at others for judging a series based off of what they've currently seen of it. Heck, Kingdom stays critiquing every episode and pointing out the things he doesn't like about them, but he still watches every episode. So he hasn't forsaken anything. He wants the series to be good, wants to enjoy it, but just isn't satisfied with what he's getting. And there's nothing wrong with that.
That was a bad move, but that's a situation that would have gone the same way regardless.

Unlike Cell, Frieza could transform off rip. Unlike Buu, he was always awake and ready to kick ***. Nothing Vegeta did or didn't do was going to change how that fight played out.
Not really, could have hold him off in his first form until Goku got there. Also it was Vegeta that got Dende killed when he found out Dende could heal (which Frieza didn't know until he healed Vegeta).

But people are still watching the story unfold :stoneface: Forsaking is not the same as criticizing. It's abandoning entirely, which clearly no one in here has done. So sorry, but no. Like I said before, it's the same argument people always try to make when they're annoyed at others for judging a series based off of what they've currently seen of it. Heck, Kingdom stays critiquing every episode and pointing out the things he doesn't like about them, but he still watches every episode. So he hasn't forsaken anything. He wants the series to be good, wants to enjoy it, but just isn't satisfied with what he's getting. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Not really, could have hold him off in his first form until Goku got there. Also it was Vegeta that got Dende killed when he found out Dende could heal (which Frieza didn't know until he healed Vegeta).

Assumes that Frieza wouldn't have just transformed anyways and that Frieza wasn't capable of killing them all in his first form doesn't it? Because it's either one or the other. And if they're able to hold him off in his first form, why wouldn't he just transform into his next form, as he did in the actual events? Like I said, Vegeta made a bad move, but that fight wasn't going to go in their favor regardless, because none of them were anywhere near strong enough to win.

In terms of Dende, no

View media item 2178412
View media item 2178413

Last edited:
Gimme a legit a reason how do you guys come to conclusion that Goten is black?..except the fact that you're not seeing him in this current arc

Only a kaioshin can wear a time ring. Black has a similar ki as Zamasu. So...

He's got an adult Goten's face.

I'm pretty sure the Kiashins were the only people who were supposed to have fusion earrings also... But.. We know how that went..

You had 20 years to come to this conclusion and yet you're writing off Super in its second year of inception. Vegeta was taking L's way before Super was even thought of (Frieza, death beam, Android 18 kick to the arm, being shook by Broly, getting raped by perfect cell, getting knocked out of the scene by Hirudegarn, etc) Super made him a God, yet no appreciation. Gohan did more in Z than Vegeta has ever done and his story is yet to conclude. He's poised to have a story arc soon.

I just personally don't get the nitpicks with Super and the revisionist history with Z. And for clarification, I love Dragon Ball Z.

One would expect them to come with something better than the mediocre rehashes of frieza, another tournament and another trip back to the future with trunks given this long amount of time between Z and super. Super made him a god after having him prance around like a ***** to a damn talking dog. I'll believe Gohan can make a comeback when we actually see one (if I bother with super long enough to get to it).

Back
Top Bottom