Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

You had 20 years to come to this conclusion and yet you're writing off Super in its second year of inception. Vegeta was taking L's way before Super was even thought of (Frieza, death beam, Android 18 kick to the arm, being shook by Broly, getting raped by perfect cell, getting knocked out of the scene by Hirudegarn, etc) Super made him a God, yet no appreciation. Gohan did more in Z than Vegeta has ever done and his story is yet to conclude. He's poised to have a story arc soon.

I just personally don't get the nitpicks with Super and the revisionist history with Z. And for clarification, I love Dragon Ball Z.

One would expect them to come with something better than the mediocre rehashes of frieza, another tournament and another trip back to the future with trunks given this long amount of time between Z and super. Super made him a god after having him prance around like a ***** to a damn talking dog. I'll believe Gohan can make a comeback when we actually see one (if I bother with super long enough to get to it).
This.

For all intents and purposes Gohan has had a crazy regression in strength and his character development is trending more towards being a pacifist than a contributing Z-Fighter.

On the other hand, I do agree with LK that Vegeta has been made a God but pretty much hasn't done a damn thing. He 'beat' Golden Freeza when Goku had pretty much already tired him out and that W was rescinded by a time reversal and he had a few victories in the tournament fighting scrubs. That's it.

Took an L fighting some evil ancient jelly and almost died and his showing against Black was ridiculously bad. Dude got washed and Black hadn't even transformed yet. 

Vegeta has done practically nothing in Super yet. 

He's got an adult Goten's face.

I'm pretty sure the Kiashins were the only people who were supposed to have fusion earrings also... But.. We know how that went..

I don't see it b.

Anyway, it will be so ****** up if turns out to be Goten. Z fighters will never look lil boy the same way again when they go back to the present. That's why i think it won't be him.

Goten gets damn near 0 screen time, at least they'd be looking at him period 
laugh.gif

good point. lol

I can't stop watching the Zamasu death scene. The music, the look beerus gave him before he destroys him. Chills.

Yeah that Beerus scene was dope.

Didn't just kill him, but erased him from every single timeline except the Future.

....Which leads me to the question, if Zamasu is destroyed in every timeline and never had the opportunity to kill Gowasu, wouldn't this cause the butterfly effect of Gowasu now being present in the future as well?

Unless they're operating on the Many-Worlds steez

Last edited:
good point. lol

I can't stop watching the Zamasu death scene. The music, the look beerus gave him before he destroys him. Chills.

I really wasn't expecting Beerus to off him so fast and badass

They need him to just go over and destroy black

Since we know Beerus was wrong about the future Zamasu. I still wonder if killing present Zamasu had some kind of effect in the future.

Question remains tho.. How are they going to defeat the immortal Zamasu

beerus hit that delete button on zamasu :lol:

hold this L who ever thought they had a chance against beerus :lol:

Last edited:
if by english you mean subs, then those have been out since yesterday at da usual places. if you mean english voice over dubs then who knows. shouldn't even bother imo.
Bruh you know you need that Bruce Falconer music tho! Makes DBZ epicness! 

Yes.

Wait, misread the question. HELL NO.

Goku started out as a naive, goofy child, grew into a capable and intelligent warrior but still had his goofines.

But not borderline ******ed like in Super.

Look at Goku in betweeen coming out the RoSAT and fighting cell. Goofiness, but not stupidity, and serious when it mattered.

Look at Goku when he had his first conversation with Future Trunks. Goofiness, comic relief, but not ******ed and serious when needed.

Look at Goku on Kami's palace coordinating the effort to defeat Majin Buu before he had to return to the afterlife

My point is that Super sucks. There will never be an opportunity to NOT throw shade on Super

And there will be no Bruce Falcouner for Super. Funimation hasn't dubbed over the original music of their animes in like 12 years.

Last edited:
Yes.

Goku started out as a naive, goofy child, grew into a capable and intelligent warrior but still had his goofines.

Look at Goku in betweeen coming out the RoSAT and fighting cell. Goofiness, but not stupidity, and serious when it mattered.

Look at Goku when he had his first conversation with Future Trunks. Goofiness, comic relief, but not ******ed and serious when needed.

Look at Goku on Kami's palace coordinating the effort to defeat Majin Buu before he had to return to the afterlife

My point is that Super sucks. There will never be an opportunity to NOT throw shade on Super

And there will be no Bruce Falcouner for Super. Funimation hasn't dubbed over the original music of their animes in like 12 years.
Yes Bruce Falconer is the truth! Makes DBZ way more epic! 

Yeah, they turned Goku into a dumbass in super.

Son has the IQ and attitude of a young Naruto, but he's like 50 right now.. He showed maturity towards the end of Z, especially after seeing how he goof'ed throwing his son out to the hands of Cell and Piccolo telling him how bad of a father he was. He seemed to of come back during Buu and had not only a higher battle IQ, but more common sense all together.

Now he's just an idiot who has blue hair

Last edited:
C'mon fam Goku has been a goof his whole life you're really gonna make that exclusive to Super?? I've seen nothing in Super that compares to Goku looking in Bulma's underwear, Goku going to get a Drivers Lisence. Even then Dragon Ball was always 50% comedy 50% action. Dragon Ball Z went the sci-fi route and now Super is bringing it back home.

Last edited:
Yes.

Sadly this is true, but I can't stop watching Super.

They turned Goku into a buffoon.

C'mon fam Goku has been a goof his whole life you're really gonna make that exclusive to Super?? I've seen nothing in Super that compares to Goku looking in Bulma's underwear, Goku going to get a Drivers Lisence or Goku biting the tentacle of his enemy in the fight for the universe. Even then Dragon Ball was always 50% comedy 50% action. Dragon Ball Z went the sci-fi route and now Super is bringing it back home.
Nah he's saying Goku was a bit goofy in Z, but in Super they turned him into an idiot which is kinda true.

The last ep is kinda evidence of that. He answered Whis question correctly about Black and everyone was shocked that he was correct. In Z nobody would have been shocked that Goku figured out something. 

C'mon fam Goku has been a goof his whole life you're really gonna make that exclusive to Super?? I've seen nothing in Super that compares to Goku looking in Bulma's underwear, Goku going to get a Drivers Lisence or Goku biting the tentacle of his enemy in the fight for the universe. Even then Dragon Ball was always 50% comedy 50% action. Dragon Ball Z went the sci-fi route and now Super is bringing it back home.
Nah he's saying Goku was a bit goofy in Z, but in Super they turned him into an idiot which is kinda true.
The last ep is kinda evidence of that. He answered Whis question correctly about Black and everyone was shocked that he was correct. In Z nobody would have been shocked that Goku figured out something. 

Thought I was the only one who thought this.

Goku_bites_Buu-650x510.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Goku has gotten so silly in Super. Also the animation for Super is trash....wait

Goku answered a question that God's of the universe were unsure of. It wasn't like he answered a simple question.

Goku got hit in the head with a stupid rock.

C'mon fam Goku has been a goof his whole life you're really gonna make that exclusive to Super?? I've seen nothing in Super that compares to Goku looking in Bulma's underwear, Goku going to get a Drivers Lisence. Even then Dragon Ball was always 50% comedy 50% action. Dragon Ball Z went the sci-fi route and now Super is bringing it back home.

Goku was looking at panties as a child. And getting his drivers license was probably the most mature thing he's ever done :lol:

You can have comedic value without turning Goku into an idiot. He leaves the sensu bean i the bathroom? When has Goku EVER forgotten a sensu? Beerus and Whis are speaking with Gowasu and Goku can't keep his mouth shut like a child? ALWAYS talking about how hungry he is (even more so than usual)?

These are traits he's never shown. He's gone backwards in maturity rather than progressing. If anything, its Goten and Trunks' time to be the knuckleheads. Goku shouldn't be as stiff as VEgeta, but he's acting like more of a child now than in Z.

Goku_bites_Buu-650x510.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Goku has gotten so silly in Super. Also the animation for Super is trash....wait

Thats one example. That was the goofiest Goku was in the Buu saga. That was literally the only silly thing he did since I can't even remember when. Ever since he came back from Namek, he was serious, but still relaxed with a bit of goofiness.

Every other word that comes out of Goku's mouth in Super is something stupid. Its like once Piccolo and Gohan disappeared, he went dumb.

Its like they took Goku from Abridged and just wrote him in canon

Last edited:

Originally Posted by WorldBreaker  

Goku answered a question that God's of the universe were unsure of. It wasn't like he answered a simple question.
Do you think we would have gotten the same shock out of the other characters if it were Vegeta, Trunks, or even Bulma that answered the question?

Not saying Goku wasn't always goofy or silly, but there's a difference between being silly and being dumb. Like @PRIME  said, Goku left the senzu beans in the bathroom......That wasn't just a throw away line. They almost all died. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
It took Goku to a whole new level of stupid. facing their strongest enemy and he leaves the sensu beans in the bathroom.

When did this n_ start using the bathroom?

Back
Top Bottom