Official Eminem *Recovery* post Vol. 7th studio album 6/22/10

The album just came out and you dudes already ranking.
laugh.gif

kept my promise to myself to not listen to the CD when it first leaked

got my copy today to support em
pimp.gif

On Fire is cold as %%#%.

Pull up in a van and hop out at a homeless man holdin' a sign saying Vietnam vet. I'm out my #@!$%%% mind man. Kick over the can, beat his #@!, and leave him nine grand.
sick.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif

pimp.gif

Even though WTP is supposed to be a lighthearted satire of club and party songs, him singing about a "white trash party" is a little too offputting. It's a decent song otherwise though.

Favorites: Going Through Changes, 25 to Life, Talkin' To Myself

I can't really get into: Seduction, Almost Famous, Cold Wind Blows... at least not as much as some of the replies on here

I love this album. I picked it up Monday and been bumping it non-stop. 
Favorite Track(s):

Cold Wind Blows - 
eek.gif
 x 
pimp.gif
 x 
sick.gif
. Perfect intro. Best track on the album hands down

- I'll show you $##@* footin', I'll kick a $#@%@ in the %+%$ til it makes her queef and sounds like a $*#*+@# whoopy cushion

W.T.P. - 2nd single stuff right here

Won't Back Down

No Love 

Cinderella Man - this %#%$ bangs in the whip

I pretty much like every song but these stood out on my first listen. The ONLY flaw with this album IMO is the little somewhat "corny" metaphors he uses. It just seemed too 
ohwell.gif
 to me. 

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

KnowledgeTheFoundation wrote:
Relapse > ________________

eek.gif

I loved Relapse too. Top 3 of his (IMO). In terms of lyrics, Relapse was CRAZY. Stay Wide Awake > __.  I personally prefer the "serial killer/rapist" Slim Shady and thats probably the main reason that most people didnt like it. Simps 
grin.gif
. I hope the Relapse 2 material gets released because i'd love to hear it.

But this is NT and you know everyone on here is a critic so put on that flame suit 

"Love the Way You Lie" is #1 on iTunes

Both Recovery albums are holding down the #1 and 2 spots as well.
pimp.gif

Picked it up yesterday. A lot of classic Em songs, but my favorites are the ones where he went in a new direction as far as beat selection. "Space Bound" is my favorite track as of right now. "Almost Famous," "Love the Way You Lie," and "You're Never Over" are amazing too, and have beats he probably wouldn't have messed with a few years ago. I give it a positive review. Definitely better than Relapse and Encore, but I'll need more time before I talk about it with TES, MMLP, and SSLP.

The great thing about this album is the content.

He not only spits about his strengths, but also his weaknesses. It's like every other song is like "this is why I'm not to be %%%!%* with" and the one after that is "this is what I'm working on, trying to get better at".

I'm really surprised he would even include "Love the Way You Lie" with his history of being a misogynist, but it's a track that had to be made.

If I were to rank it, I would have to rank it by itself. Never has he been more sincere on an album and forthright. Relapse he was very forthright, but he wasn't really sincere and true to who he really was and was in fact hiding behind the serial killer persona.

Relapse was admittance and Recovery is acceptance and the work that is in progress.

Will be on repeat for a while. SN: Listen to the album with the words in front of you; it may change how you feel about a few tracks/decisions.

Having rihanna on "love the way you lie" wasn't a coincidence, it was to make the connection with the theme of "recovering" in which she has/had a lot to do.

talkin to myself
pimp.gif

I went away I guess that opened up some lanes
But there was no one who even knew I was going through growing pains
Hatred was flowing through my veins, on the verge of going insane
I almost made a song dissing Lil Wayne
eek.gif

It's like I was jealous of him, cause of the attention he was getting
I felt horrible about myself, he was spitting and I wasn't
Anyone who was buzzing back then could of got it
Almost went at Kanye too, god it feels like I'm going psychotic
laugh.gif

Thank god that I didn't do it
I'd of had my ##* handed to me, and I knew it
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]SCORE ONE FOR EMINEM [/td][td]
blank.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
n_rrule.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Recovery Scores Year’s Largest First Week with 600k+, Miley Cyrus Next

June 23, 2010

The record industry just scored its own golden goal. Can a full Recovery be far behind?
Offering conclusive proof that
[/td][/tr][/table]

laugh.gif
@ dude who said he wouldn't do as well as Relapse his first week.

Not only did Not Afraid debut at #1, but it got heavy air time in this year's NBA playoffs. Won't Back Down is featured in the new COD commercial. Love the Way You Lie is currently #1 on iTunes.

I'd say that's a recipe for success.

The record industry just scored its own golden goal. Can a full Recovery be far behind?
Offering conclusive proof that Marshall still matters, Eminem’s aptly named Recovery will score the year’s highest sales debut. Look for a total of between 590-615k for the Shady/Aftermath/Interscope album, easily beating Sade’s 503k back in February. It could also beat his last album, Relapse, which sold 608k in its first week in May ’09.

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

[table][tr][td]SCORE ONE FOR EMINEM [/td][td]
blank.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
n_rrule.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Recovery Scores Year’s Largest First Week with 600k+, Miley Cyrus Next

June 23, 2010

Offering conclusive proof that
[/td][/tr][/table]

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Offering conclusive proof that Marshall still matters, Eminem’s aptly named Recovery will score the year’s highest sales debut. Look for a total of between 590-615k for the Shady/Aftermath/Interscope album, easily beating Sade’s 503k back in February. It could also beat his last album, Relapse, which sold 608k in its first week in May ’09.

That’s based on totals from those music retailers who haven’t painted their faces red, white and blue and shown up in South Africa with vuvuzelas in tow for the World Cup.

In addition, Em’s duet with Rihanna, “Love the Way You Lie,

Back
Top Bottom