***Official Eminem Thread New Album Announced TBA***

Really looking forwad to this. Been listening to Marshall Mathers LP and Eminem Show almost everyday recently. Hopefully he delivers and its something like the ol Em.

Last edited:
It's probably a fail to name the new album MMLP2 considering most fans of his earlier work will be critiquing like crazy, trying to compare this with MMLP1...I don't expect anything close to the same substance or style that was on the first joint. Em nowadays is a totally different, almost a 180 of his former past self....and although I do understand people evolve, especially in music...I just wish he would've left the title alone. Rarely in music or anything for that matter, can a sequel surpass the original...he should've either stayed on a series (ex: Jay-Z Blueprints) for continuity and development purposes or just rename it.

That being said, I miss the old Em, even though that person has evolved. Do not high have high expectations for his new album..although I will give it a listen when it drops.

Was going to say the same thing. I'm going to need eminem to have his intro to be like I'm back to set the tone of the album. He should also go after Kendrick for that weak control verse. Show Kendrick how a vet goes to work on the industry.
What reason would he have to go at Kendrick when he shouted dude out on the song, and even has a feature on it? I swear people let their dislike for artists just make them sound like haters.

It's probably a fail to name the new album MMLP2 considering most fans of his earlier work will be critiquing like crazy, trying to compare this with MMLP1...I don't expect anything close to the same substance or style that was on the first joint. Em nowadays is a totally different, almost a 180 of his former past self....and although I do understand people evolve, especially in music...I just wish he would've left the title alone. Rarely in music or anything for that matter, can a sequel surpass the original...he should've either stayed on a series (ex: Jay-Z Blueprints) for continuity and development purposes or just rename it.

That being said, I miss the old Em, even though that person has evolved. Do not high have high expectations for his new album..although I will give it a listen when it drops.

THIS

I feel he should called it "The Eminem LP" to finish up the serious of The Slim Shady & Marshall Mathers LPs

What reason would he have to go at Kendrick when he shouted dude out on the song, and even has a feature on it? I swear people let their dislike for artists just make them sound like haters.
I have no problem with Kendrick Lamar actually like some of his music and good kid album. Just at the end of the day it was a weak verse to try and get the newer rappers to step their game up. Don't want to bring that nonsense into this thread but just like eminem said in the warning this what the f*** I do. We talking Marshall mattress lp Em went after so many ppl in that album. Why wouldn't he go after Kendrick no saying he will.

Shady Records, Inc.‏@ShadyRecords
Tune into @Shade45 for the Premiere of Berzerk at 10pm EST #mmlp2

I have no problem with Kendrick Lamar actually like some of his music and good kid album. Just at the end of the day it was a weak verse to try and get the newer rappers to step their game up. Don't want to bring that nonsense into this thread but just like eminem said in the warning this what the f*** I do. We talking Marshall mattress lp Em went after so many ppl in that album. Why wouldn't he go after Kendrick no saying he will.

Eminem never went after artist that were actually doing something good for the culture tho or artist he liked

Lets get something straight... he went after some pop acts on the MMLP1 that were never going to, or capable of, replying back with a diss track.

Like Everlast said he was basically shooting ducks in a cage which was light work and easy.

Now I'm not saying that he isn't skilled at rapping where he wouldn't be able to eat any rapper you can name because he was quite talented when it came to the wordplay.

It's so funny seeing all these rappers backtracking these days... back in the day none of these rappers would have worked with any of these pop acts, but now that rap is all but dead and nowhere near the powerhouse it once was dudes is doing what they can to keep the ship a float. Now dudes is working with Justin Timberlake when they dissed him back in the day, but now because he's hot and has a lot of star power they gonna ride off that wave. Em now works with all the pops acts that he dissed back then because well for the same reason to help keep the boat a float, but Em has a fanbase that is one of the if not the most in rap so he doesn't really need to like that but still back in 99 he would be dissing Rihanna and Pink.

At the end of the day I just want to hear good music, and I'll always remember Em for being the beast that he was.

My interest in Eminem is on life support, which us a shame, cause he blessed us with 3 fantastic album and 2 pretty good side projects.

Em in his prime>>>

He paved the way for ALOT of white rappers

See that's the thing because I don't think he's paved the way like most would say because is there any rapper white or black or whatever that has that type of skillset or wordplay that Em had when he was in his prime?

Artists that are extremely talented at what they do is something that is very hard to mimick and for record labels to find "the next Em" type of artists.

Big, Nas, Em, and 2Pac are 4 rap artists that are and were ahead of their time and their skillset at rapping, whether it be wordplay, storytelling, emotion, lyrical skill, or all is something that comes along once in a blue if ever and to find another next of those is extremely rare and next to impossible.

That's why you see all these wack rappers because they are a dime a dozen and just in it for a quick buck because it's a revoving door because it's easy to duplicate another laffey taffey or stingy leg or whatever.

Dudes writing paragraphs to make their point lol. U know and know em could body most of the rapper now and back in the day. Don't come at me with all this side talk about he didn't go after rappers he like or pop stars. That stuff doesn't matter I'm talking about his skillset and what em can do with dissing.

Dudes writing paragraphs to make their point lol. U know and know em could body most of the rapper now and back in the day. Don't come at me with all this side talk about he didn't go after rappers he like or pop stars. That stuff doesn't matter I'm talking about his skillset and what em can do with dissing.

Now I'm not saying that he isn't skilled at rapping where he wouldn't be able to eat any rapper you can name because he was quite talented when it came to the wordplay.

That's what I wrote which you repeated in you post trying to blast back... like how!?! WOW :lol:

Learn to read and not take things out of context...

Also... this is a discussion board how else you expect me to get the point across to you without using words?

It was one paragraph so your attention span must be short.

Doesn't matter since you don't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed... carry on!

Last edited:
How can you say Big, Nas, Em, and 2Pac were ahead of their time and not mention Big Pun? There was nothing like Pun at the time, he was a hurricane destroying everyone and everything in his path. I honestly can't recall a period in Hip-Hop when the whole industry was terrified to get on a song with a rapper like they were with Pun.  The worst criticism that Pun got was he was just "Good". There was no bad or average on the scale when judging him. 

But yeah, back on topic: Recovery was the worst album he ever made. Worse than Encore because Encore at least felt like a Em album, where Recovery felt like a generic rap album that anyone could have made. Relapse was one of my favorite albums from him but it's clear that he wasn't satisfied with the sales and the divided reception by fans. All the Old school Em fans loved it; it was creative, the beats were atmospheric, lyrically he was on point, stories were bizarre. It was a damn good Em album. 

This actually might be interesting though. Looks like he's stripping his sound down which is PERFECT for someone like Eminem. Every Album Rick Rubin works on is ******G SOLID. If there's one person on the planet who can bring out the best from an artist, it's Rick Rubin. This is going to be a defining moment for Em. If this album is bad or even mediocre, it won't be acceptable. 

How can you say Big, Nas, Em, and 2Pac were ahead of their time and not mention Big Pun? There was nothing like Pun at the time, he was a hurricane destroying everyone and everything in his path. I honestly can't recall a period in Hip-Hop when the whole industry was terrified to get on a song with a rapper like they were with Pun.  The worst criticism that Pun got was he was just "Good". There was no bad or average on the scale when judging him.

Because Pun didn't have the impact that these 4 did.

All day I would put Pun up with your favorite rappers and I too also think that he was one of the nicest to touch the mic, along with Big L, but with such limited work that they put out while both Pun and Big L were good and skilled at rap they each didn't put out enough material to have an impact like the 4 mentioned.

I know you're going to say that Biggie only put out two albums so he shouldn't count... but look at the clout he's garnered just off of those two albums along with all his guest verses and they impact he had on the game before his passing and after... to this day he's probably still the most quoted rapper... I think not saying that's a fact though.

And as far as you talking about rappers scared of getting on a track because they were shook they would get bodied that belongs to Canibus in his prime... nobody wanted it with him... even Nas skipped out on the Desperado song... he knew what time it was.

Last edited:

All day I would put Pun up with your favorite rappers and I too also think that he was one of the nicest to touch the mic, along with Big L, but with such limited work that they put out while both Pun and Big L were good and skilled at rap they each didn't put out enough material to have an impact like the 4 mentioned.

I know you're going to say that Biggie only put out two albums so he shouldn't count... but look at the clout he's garnered just off of those two albums along with all his guest verses and they impact he had on the game before his passing and after... to this day he's probably still the most quoted rapper... I think not saying that's a fact though.

And as far as you talking about rappers scared of getting on a track because they were shook they would get bodied that belongs to Canibus in his prime... nobody wanted it with him... even Nas skipped out on the Desperado song... he knew what time it was.
I strongly disagree that Pun didn't have an impact like those 4 did. His impact is still felt to this day.

Uhh, forget Biggie being the best rapper. I put Biggie up there with The Beatles, Hendrix, Zeppelin, etc. He's just too unique and has own class in Hip-Hop. It's Biggie-then everyone else. 

How can you put Canibus there when HE was scared to get on a song with Pun? They scheduled to do the song like 5 times before Fat Joe got fed and said F Canibus. Also, Eminem and LL COOL J along with a whole bunch of other rappers destroyed Canibus so there's that.

Big Pun didn't have the impact those other artist did? Pun put out the same amount of albums that BIG put out. He was the first Latino rapper to go platinum, how is that not impactful to Hip-Hop and to the Puerto Rican culture? Pun killed the guest verses he appeared on so I don't know how you can use that argument. He could rap on his player ish just like Biggie, he could story tell, and put on a lyrical showcase, his name needs to be mentioned with those others.

Back
Top Bottom