OFFICIAL FEBRUARY '14 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads up.

Nikes looking to do away with phone orders all together.

They're taking too many loses when it comes to outlets.

Enjoy it while you can.
Economic ignorance. The ONLY reason they'd do away with phone orders is if they feel they can completely move everything with in store sales alone. Nike doesn't "lose" on phone orders they just want the employees to spend more time assisting people in store

Not much at the Nike store in Orange CA as far as basketball shoes. Apparel was an extra 30-40% off on most styles. The wall was an extra 30%. They had Cosmetic Second Jordan xx8 oak hillls for $179.99 plus 30%off. Sizes seemed to range from 8-11 mens. Not even close to being the best deal but still decent for those who missed out. They also had the KD Elites on the wall for $130 + the 30% off.

SMH! So many great things have been picked up thru phone orders. Nike needs to have outlet discounting in store or online. I got free flyknits for $69 and their site still had them for $100.

Economic ignorance. The ONLY reason they'd do away with phone orders is if they feel they can completely move everything with in store sales alone. Nike doesn't "lose" on phone orders they just want the employees to spend more time assisting people in store

It's really all about the service piece. Contrary to popular belief here, phone orders don't really help the majority of stores from a liquidation or financial perspective. It was a system in place to really give an avenue of extra customer service when a consumer's needs weren't met (hence the old waiving of shipping via NikeFind).

The internet/sneaker blogs really are the key factors in moving away from providing the service. The majority of shoes that are phone ordered are crazy steals or signature product that will sell locally anyway. It sucks from a consumer perspective, I totally agree. But from a business lens, Sneakersteal & the likes can greatly impact coverage and payroll.

An average phone order should take around 5-7 minutes, with procuring the product, handwriting then keying in the info and calling the automated # to verify the address. Add another 5 to log into FedEx & create a label and box the item for shipment.

Honestly not really a big deal...But when there are 50+ orders you're now dealing with literally spending most of a shift just on processing phone orders, which takes away from the customer service available for local shoppers.

I don't agree with the decision but I absolutely understand the rationale.

To stay outlet thread relevant, stores have recently completed internal audits so inventory should be pretty accurate. Now is the best time to use NikeFind to have reps track down product. Flyknit Lunar 1 fans should be able to track their desired styles (because I did recently).

Last edited:
They lose on phone orders in the sense of people doing charge backs, claiming they never got packages, claiming It was never delivered.

That's how they lose.

I wouldn't mind if they compromised and let customers call in to ship to their local Niketown.

You pay upfront, and pick up in store.

Screws some, but not all

I wouldn't mind if they compromised and let customers call in to ship to their local Niketown.

Screws some, but not all

Not many Nike towns around so that logic wouldn't help many at all

Heads up.

Nikes looking to do away with phone orders all together.

They're taking too many loses when it comes to outlets.

Enjoy it while you can.
kinda whack, the stores around me almost never get the stuff ive seen posted

when dude said birch run had xx8s that was news to me and i had JUST left that outlet, they never get all the forces/kobes/foams/lebrons/boots/air maxes that ive seen you guys post so this sucks

when dude said birch run had xx8s that was news to me and i had JUST left that outlet, they never get all the forces/kobes/foams/lebrons/boots/air maxes that ive seen you guys post so this sucks
Hey Man,

In regards to Birch Run Outlet... there more than anywhere else, you have to push the employees. To get the XX8's... I talked to a guy for about 30 mins. about how bad I wanted them... and they only had an 11 and 13. I talked sneakers, created a relationship... then hit the rest of the outlet for 2 hrs. I came back and he basically ran up to me and said, "I can't believe your back... you'll never guess what I found!" Boom. Size 12 XX8's in my hands. I find this works WAY better than the UPC stock locate machines they use.

Exact same thing happened with Flash Allover Vests and Half Flash jackets. Two separate employees told me some seemingly BS story that a truck got "intercepted" and dropped off all Size L jackets ONLY. I asked a third employee, who came back from the back area with a Size Medium in both... I needed an XL... but still goes to show you need to work to get what you want.

Good Luck!

Hey Man,

In regards to Birch Run Outlet... there more than anywhere else, you have to push the employees. To get the XX8's... I talked to a guy for about 30 mins. about how bad I wanted them... and they only had an 11 and 13. I talked sneakers, created a relationship... then hit the rest of the outlet for 2 hrs. I came back and he basically ran up to me and said, "I can't believe your back... you'll never guess what I found!" Boom. Size 12 XX8's in my hands. I find this works WAY better than the UPC stock locate machines they use.

Exact same thing happened with Flash Allover Vests and Half Flash jackets. Two separate employees told me some seemingly BS story that a truck got "intercepted" and dropped off all Size L jackets ONLY. I asked a third employee, who came back from the back area with a Size Medium in both... I needed an XL... but still goes to show you need to work to get what you want.

Good Luck!
smh, my size and i definitely didnt see that on the back wall

u right but thats kinda bein fake tho, you only bein nice so they will do their job, BUT i will adapt

Last edited:

Screws some, but not all

Not many Nike towns around so that logic wouldn't help many at all

It is not about helping many. That's why I said screws some not all.

If they get rid of it all together, everyone is screwed. I was suggesting a compromise so a few people can still take advantage of the program.

You can even include other Nike Outlets too.

Hey Man,

Good Luck!
you shouldnt have to put in work. If they have it instock and you ask they should find it and sell it to you. Thats bad business

Screws some, but not all
This sounds like a good idea. Just ship them out to a Nike store. It could be NikeTown an outlet/factory or clearance store

When the lebron x low crimson was at Nebraska outlet for like $50 and it was on sneakersteal, the had a great system in place to handle the volume of calls. This is how they did it.....

When you called, they took down your name, size, and phone number . After they took a bunch of calls they then went down the list and when they got to your name they would call you back if they had your size. They said they were only going to call once and if you missed it then they were going on to next person.
So first call lasted 2 minutes and was a good way to clear up the phone lines. After about 2 hours they called back and said they had my size and we then completed the phone order. It was one employee that handled it all day and that's probably all his shift consisted of.

This method seemed efficient to me. Better than being put on hold 2 or 3 times for person to check sizes, grab shoes and whatever else

A lot of shoes were on sale today 30% off at Nike tanger outlet in Pittsburgh, adding with most clothing.
No LeBron XI tho :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom