OFFICIAL FEBRUARY '14 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marshalls in Durham NC got Kobe 7's White/Green sz 12,14.5,15,16 & white/orange 7, 7.5, 14.5, 16.5, 18 for $59. Air Diamond Turf blue hero cw in sz 8-10, 12, 13 for $39.

you can do it without leaving your house if you need. just takes 24 hrs to get it but you can buy a nike.com eGift card and pay that way. you have a legitimate concern. my cc purchases are covered 100% by amex so i don't really worry.
Thanks for the additional info. I might give that a try if I hear that something amazing is available out of state.

you can do it without leaving your house if you need. just takes 24 hrs to get it but you can buy a nike.com eGift card and pay that way. you have a legitimate concern. my cc purchases are covered 100% by amex so i don't really worry.

Thanks for the additional info. I might give that a try if I hear that something amazing is available out of state.

if the release is chill, then outlets can hold the shoes for 24 hrs. if its crazy, its really not realistic to think they'd hold the shoe for you.

if the release is chill, then outlets can hold the shoes for 24 hrs. if its crazy, its really not realistic to think they'd hold the shoe for you.
Understood. I was thinking about buying the gc in advance and having it available. Maybe put around $160 on it when my money situation is better so if I see something pop up I can grab it right then. Maybe if I get some decent money back from my taxes. It wouldn't be a huge gamble since I buy from Nike on a fairly regular basis.

Understood. I was thinking about buying the gc in advance and having it available. Maybe put around $160 on it when my money situation is better so if I see something pop up I can grab it right then. Maybe if I get some decent money back from my taxes. It wouldn't be a huge gamble since I buy from Nike on a fairly regular basis.

Yeah, not much to add beyond what J said, but if you're worried about the fraud aspect, you can pay by GC. Or, you can open up a credit card with a low limit and essentially just use it for these kinds of orders, if you do it semi-frequently. And, then just monitor the card.

People have been screwed by shady employees before, but given the amount on times people order and the ratio of the stories, I wouldn't exactly say it's any more risky than, say, handing your card to a waiter at a restaurant, or the risk that any swiper in any physical store has one of the those card reader programs that the crooks sneak in.

Overall, it is a risk, but whether it's a greater risk than using your CC in general, if it is, it's negligible, IMO.

Yeah, not much to add beyond what J said, but if you're worried about the fraud aspect, you can pay by GC. Or, you can open up a credit card with a low limit and essentially just use it for these kinds of orders, if you do it semi-frequently. And, then just monitor the card.

People have been screwed by shady employees before, but given the amount on times people order and the ratio of the stories, I wouldn't exactly say it's any more risky than, say, handing your card to a waiter at a restaurant, or the risk that any swiper in any physical store has one of the those card reader programs that the crooks sneak in.

Overall, it is a risk, but whether it's a greater risk than using your CC in general, if it is, it's negligible, IMO.
ive done several phone orders with no problems

I can't speak for all outlets but the one I worked for, management handled all the payment an phone order credit card info. Regular employees never had their hands on your credit card # and such. That's just the store I was at tho.

I can't speak for all outlets but the one I worked for, management handled all the payment an phone order credit card info. Regular employees never had their hands on your credit card # and such. That's just the store I was at tho.
i cosign this, we usually get their number and then the manager calls back to handle the transaction

Not true at all for 90% of the outlets. Ive phone ordered from probably 20 different outlets and ive never had a manager call me back to do a phone order. Always been whatever employee picked up the phone. Doesn't bother me tho.

Not true at all for 90% of the outlets. Ive phone ordered from probably 20 different outlets and ive never had a manager call me back to do a phone order. Always been whatever employee picked up the phone. Doesn't bother me tho.

usually when i say i want to do a phone order they transfer me...to whom i believe is the manager.

one time i did receive a paper with my CC written down inside my package

Last edited:
Got the Fireberry Kobes at Footaction clearance for $59.99. at Pearlridge HI. They also had Hyperdunk Fireberrys available too for same price. I used a $10 off coupon so got these Kobes even cheaper. Why not right? Just for balling really.

[ATTACHMENT=5722]image.jpg (2,228k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

usually when i say i want to do a phone order they transfer me...to whom i believe is the manager.

Ditto. For me, more often than not, it';s the same for me.

It may also have to do with the work flow, like when Retros hit and stores get flooded, sometimes it seems that whoever answers the phone takes the info. Other times, I've had people just take my contact info and then the manager calls people back in order and processes the orders.

Nice to see you back in the thread, BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom