::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

@mrogersyahoo: FIFA play by play says Wondolowski was ruled offside - but replays showed he was clearly on.

As per ESPN: While the U.S. launched occasional counters, they spent the majority of their time fending off Belgian attacks, but the Red Devils were given an almighty scare when Chris Wondolowski blazed over the crossbar deep into injury time -- although he was, seemingly incorrectly, flagged offside.

Our boys played with heart. 

I think the days where people talked about soccer never catching on in the USA are gone: Soccer is here to stay.

Rooting for Netherlands now Robben
pimp.gif
Van Persie 
pimp.gif

USA will definitely be back better in 2018, hopefully that Howard still got that juice in him though

Last edited:

I think the days where people talked about soccer never catching on in the USA are gone: Soccer is here to stay.
Once the World Cup is done with and the actual League starts, we'll know the difference between who actually pays attention to futbol and whos a bandwagon rider.

Im looking forward for EPL since they show games on NBCSN all the time, i just hate how Fox Sports 1 took over Fox Soccer, such a waste. No more UCL re-runs f*cking blows.

I can't believe wondo missed that.

:smh:

I punched a wall. :smh:

:smh: :smh:

Thats actually a difficult shot because Courtois is on him.

I would have chested it down to dempsy for the easy tap in.
A one time ends up:
-out of bounds (like occured)
-deflected by courtois

A header (option B) would have been too slow and probably sailed over .

[thread="590583"]Can someone explain to me why the US plays so defensive? Is it because teams are putting so much pressure on them? is it scheme? This is the first time ive ever watched soccer in my entire life so im just wondering.[/thread]
[thread="590583"] [/thread]
[thread="590583"]If this was american football it appeared to be the equivalent to playing cover 4 prevent defense the entire game. you can only turtle so long without mounting any offense.[/thread]

Sucks but if we hadnt belgium would have destroyed us. We played defensive and STILL got steamrolled. Only was lucky howard was insane and belgium was off target.

I pray klinsmann stays and builds this team to 2018

KLINSY IS Going to coach the team thru 2018. After he will just focus on the being the technical director. Hope KLINSY stays involved with US SOCCER for a long time. We need him :D

So, all the ppl in here who were only supporting the US.

Are you guys done with the world cup or are you guys going to support a different nation or what?

:nerd:

I'll root for Holland since the fam is Dutch. Also spent some time there as a youth.

But all in all, I really don't care now. I just hope the games are good.

I was out in the city watching my team (Belgium) play and I was suprised at how well the Americans kept up.

Hats of to Tim Howard, for real.

Isn't it like this every WC though? We care for these 3-4 weeks then people wait another 4 years. Large numbers of people aren't going to follow MLS and the other leagues like they do the nfl and nba.

No reason to hang our heads. We had a GREAT showing and the future is bright for the USMNT. I believe in Klinsmann and his vision.

Once the World Cup is done with and the actual League starts, we'll know the difference between who actually pays attention to futbol and whos a bandwagon rider.
Im looking forward for EPL since they show games on NBCSN all the time, i just hate how Fox Sports 1 took over Fox Soccer, such a waste. No more UCL re-runs f*cking blows.

Bandwagon? How is it a bandwagon to follow your home team and not a league in a different country.,.

Bandwagoners are the American Chelsea, Man U, and Man City "fans".

Isn't it like this every WC though? We care for these 3-4 weeks then people wait another 4 years. Large numbers of people aren't going to follow MLS and the other leagues like they do the nfl and nba.

Look at the TV viewership for the EPL the past two years. Look at the viewership for USA friendlies and qualifiers, Champions League, El Clasico, etc. The soccer landscape in this country is almost unrecognizable from just four years ago. In hindsight it will be unrecognizable again in 2018.

Last edited:
Bandwagon? How is it a bandwagon to follow your home team and not a league in a different country.,.

Bandwagoners are the American Chelsea, Man U, and Man City "fans".

Dude is obviously better than most people at watching sports on TV :lol:

Back
Top Bottom