OFFICIAL: GAME 3 NBA FINALS LAKERS VS. CELTICS 6.8.10 9PM ET ABC

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

Great win for the Lakers, they had to deal with some adversity this game. They kept their poise and saw the fruits of their labor. They did not allow the intensity of the game get to them. They battled and gutted it out.

I noticed Kobe in the fourth recognized he was getting double team attention so he passed out immediately and allowed someone else to take over, and Fisher did. Without Kobe trusting in his guys this would have been 2008 all over again.

Fisher, what can I say the guy is like wine. He took advantage of the loose coverage and did his thing, thank you.

Garnett got the wake up call and showed up to the game. So now I can officially say welcome to the Finals.

Rondo is the Celtics constant, who would have thought back in 2008 that in 2010 Rondo would be the best player on this team.

Pierce has been shut down. This guy is doing all the talking but none of the playing.

Artest, I know we all get on you about the inconsistent shooting, but without your defense we would not be in this series period. Now can we stop asking if having Artest is better than having Ariza?

Bynum, I loved the intensity, I noticed in the 4th he was giving it his all. I love this.

For me the thing I take from this game is the Lakers got the win but they got so much more with a win like this. They fought for this one, they had a few occasions where they could have let the moment late in the game take them over and cower but they did not. This is why I think Fisher was emotional. This is when a win is more than a win.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

couldnt have said it better bro

For those that hate on Phil Jackson, yet again an example of him knowing his team, he went to the pick and roll with Kobe setting the screens for Derek Fisher of all people, and it worked over and over. 

The man isn't JUST MJ and Kobe/Shaq, he puts his role guys in spots to win games and make plays within themselves. 

Phil gets credit for this game. 

^right without Phils direction the ball would have ended up in Artest hands....and that would have just been horrible

the Ref situation needs to be addressed tho....its been horrible all series but last night was just disgusting to watch, they make up for ishhty calls with another ishhty call....the whistles are so late...it just all around sucks...the fouls they dont call are so much worse than the fouls they do call...I could go on and on....

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

eek.gif
 DFish. Dude was on another level. He admitted last series he prefers playingonthe road...

--When Boston jumped out 6-0 I was like here we go....but wow. The Lakers showed up.
--Doom and gloom works my dudes. Notorious..CP..Westcoast..Goldmember..Boston will bounce back and trounce us on Thursday. BIG.
--Cant expect these dudes to just lay down without fighting. And that stat about the team winning Game 3 with the series tied 1-1 in a 2-3-2 format is meant to be broken. Everything is. And this Boston team is fully capable of that.

i knew when we were up double digits...the celtics were gonna come back and make a game out of it cause thats how tough boston is

but wow d.fish was huge in that 4th...unlike some of my Laker brothers who constantly are out for fish's head during the regular season ive always been patient with fisher because i know what hes capable of during this time of year...what a coming out party in finals after 2 subpar games...usually fish comes out with backbreaking 3s but last night it was layups and midrange shots something hes not really known for...he has become the new robert horry for these Lakers

with that said i agree with you darth...i expect the celtics to come out firing from all cylinders and possibly even blow us out on game 4 setting the stage for a pivotal game 5...boston is not gonna quit and ray is not gonna shoot that bad again...also pierce is due for a big game so hopefully we have our antennas up to take bostons heart out

btw refs suck both ways man...make up calls is not what this game all about 

pimp.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif

eek.gif
 @ D.Fisher in the 4th Quarter.

smh.gif
@ him crying. It's only game 3 chief.

pimp.gif
 @ Odom 

sick.gif
 @ Black Mamba's Shooting Percentage

pimp.gif
 @ Black Mamba's still hustling every play on both defense and offense.

pimp.gif
 @ Black Mamba still being the team leader despite an "off" game. 

smh.gif
@ Judas Shuttlesworth

laugh.gif
 @ Boston Fans thinking he was going to have another explosive game

laugh.gif
 @ Paul Pierce's foolish comments might come back to haunt him. Idiot.

laugh.gif
@ Kobe getting fouled almost every shot he takes.

The screens have been done since 2008, like Holden said. KG is just good at making them look normal. The Lakers aren't victims anymore then we are. I've just come to realize their is going to be some bad calls and they go both ways.

Originally Posted by CP1708

For those that hate on Phil Jackson, yet again an example of him knowing his team, he went to the pick and roll with Kobe setting the screens for Derek Fisher of all people, and it worked over and over. 

The man isn't JUST MJ and Kobe/Shaq, he puts his role guys in spots to win games and make plays within themselves. 

didnt phil himself say kobe and fish came up with that strategy?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by CP1708

didnt phil himself say kobe and fish came up with that strategy?
laugh.gif

Then he gets credit for going with his guys, I don't care. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Like I said, point was he puts his guys in positions to succeed. 

Originally Posted by SCuse7

laugh.gif
@ Kobe getting fouled almost every shot he takes.

The screens have been done since 2008, like Holden said. KG is just good at making them look normal. The Lakers aren't victims anymore then we are. I've just come to realize their is going to be some bad calls and they go both ways.
get out of here with that.  KG fouls Gasol everytime Gasol is trying to post him up. Holds his jersey every single time.  That last play was a clear foul on KG.  They should have called Rondo for the over the back on Odom and then again minutes later wwhen he slapped Odoms hand for the rebound. 

Celtics do nothing but foul.  Their definition of tough defense is foul and hope to get away with it. 

Tony Allen doesnt just hand check kobe, he body checks him and gets away with it. Ridiculous.

The officiating is bad both ways, I think we can all agree on this. Yes the Celtics are fouling a lot more than they are getting called for but if you can get away with it then why not try? Just don't cry about it (coach) when you do get called for it. Same goes for the Lakers.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Tony Allen doesnt just hand check kobe, he body checks him and gets away with it. Ridiculous.
What does Artest do to Pierce?
Shuts his !#% down for 3 straight games.

Gimme Tony Allen on Kobe any day of the week
laugh.gif

I wonder if Celtic fans realize it could easily be 3-0 Lakers right now...

I know one thing, Celtic faithful are happy KG is finally awake.

It's not though, the Lakers didn't hand over Game 2, the Celtics actually took that game.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

He played with heart and composure. That 1 on 3 layup basically exploited a boston mental breakdown. That was the dagger.

Celtic fans are so quiet today. Silence is golden... so are championship trophies.

Me and the wifey was going crazy when he made that lay-up. Glad our neighbors are Laker fans too
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

It's not though, the Lakers didn't hand over Game 2, the Celtics actually took that game.
yup, they play harder down the stretch. while LA was lookin star struck out there
frown.gif
. All good we got Game 3 and word to Pierce. "We ain't coming back to LA"
laugh.gif

Of course I know it's not but if the Lakers have played like the Celtics, especially down the stretch, I would be worried. I am sure Celtics fans know what I mean.

Agreed on whoever said Kobe got fouled plenty of times last night without a call. Defenders got away with so much stuff on him, but he also took some bad shots. Then he also missed some jumpers that usually go in.

Regardless, he was off.

Celtics still got away with that foul on Odom that they called out of bounds on him, they ended up with the ball. Same with that "Foul" on Odom towards the end of the game etc.

Doesn't matter though, we won, point blank.

Great finish by Derek Fisher. Kobe horrible offensively but his defense was on point and his blocks/steal was a difference maker as well.

All the calls Reviewed were definetly the right call. I can see why they did ODom wrong, can't call a foul on a review, but Celtics got some breaks at the end and couldn't capitalize.

Garnett shows up, no one else does. I love it

Could also look at it from the if the Celtics knocked down a couple of those open looks down the stretch perspective, you'd probably be singing the refs stole it from the Lakers tune.

If someone put a gun to my head and asked me if the Celtics can take 3 out of 4 from the Lakers, I'd probably say no. Anything can happen though.

I know one thing, Celtic faithful are happy KG is finally awake.
This is why everyone has a poor perception of some Lakers fans on here. It could easily be 2-1 as well, dudes act like they won the Finals after each win.

REALISTICALLY, this series is getting closer and closer to ending rapidly for the C's. You cannot have one or two guys carrying the team each game. A lot of it is on Doc for his lineups and subbing, but not on him if these guys aren't focused. This is the Finals. You shouldn't need any sort of motivation or coaching to get up for these games. Most of the 2 C's losses can be placed on poor focus, lack of team work, and guys continuing to make the same mistakes.

Finnns you have no idea what you are talking about man. What about my statement makes you feel like we won the finals?

Nothing, the statement I made is truth. It could easily be 3-0 Lakers.

REALISTICALLY the Lakers appear to be the better team this time around. REALISTICALLY the Celtics should be worried about this team instead of making predictions about the series not going back to LA. Another reason why I feel the Lakers are better, mentally they are focused and poised. They are not talking garbage about winning in Boston. Kobe and Fish have this team even keeled. And the difference is the Lakers star players are actually playing like stars.

Now I know people will take that last statement to mean that the stars are playing perfectly because people here can't read. What I mean by that is they are not perfect but they are not letting bad shots, missed shots, bad calls by refs or anything else get to them. They are playing the game focused and moving on from bad plays and playing defense which is all necessary to win the whole thing.

And I see how much you love the Celtics it's somewhere in your sig smashed between one of the many teams you like from all over the country.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Agreed on whoever said Kobe got fouled plenty of times last night without a call. Defenders got away with so much stuff on him, but he also took some bad shots. Then he also missed some jumpers that usually go in.

Regardless, he was off.

Celtics still got away with that foul on Odom that they called out of bounds on him, they ended up with the ball. Same with that "Foul" on Odom towards the end of the game etc.

Doesn't matter though, we won, point blank.

Great finish by Derek Fisher. Kobe horrible offensively but his defense was on point and his blocks/steal was a difference maker as well.

All the calls Reviewed were definetly the right call. I can see why they did ODom wrong, can't call a foul on a review, but Celtics got some breaks at the end and couldn't capitalize.

Garnett shows up, no one else does. I love it
id usually be heated when kobe takes bad shots but most of the shots he took were good shots he can make but he did the little things steal, blocks and that saving it to bynum play IMO changed the game to our momentum

Lamar welcome to the 2010 nba finals

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

I mean Pau didn't exactly fight through it well, but since when are you allowed to extend your arms and grab/shove a guy to set a screen? It was not a legal screen point blank.

These Celtics have been shoving and clutching like they're in a mosh pit since they were put together in 2008. Combine that with their elite skills and athleticism and you get 2/3 Finals and at least one championship. Other teams just can't play like that.

I just watched the first quarter and I've seen the highlights from tonight. They still committed more fouls that they weren't called for. Not just "let 'em play" #@%% either. They were outright slaps and grabs on Lakers with the ball that went uncalled. What's just as bad though is the phantom fouls the Celtics are picking up make it seem is if they're victims when they aren't.

That's the stuff that Thibodeau teaches them how to get away with. They also grab jerseys and hold people a lot on defensive rebounds so that even when the offensive player is in good position and boxing out they can't get the rebound. The difference between 08 and now is that we have Bynum's length as well as Pau playing a little more aggressive and with more muscle.

Back
Top Bottom