OFFICIAL: GAME 3 NBA FINALS LAKERS VS. CELTICS 6.8.10 9PM ET ABC

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

lame ol celtics

LA by 6

Doc Rivers is really complaining about moving screens? Really? You gotta be %$%$ kidding me.
smh.gif
roll.gif

"I think it was a ton of moving screens they got away with," Rivers said the day after the Celtics' 91-84 loss to the Lakers in Game 3 put the Celtics behind 2-1 in the best-of-7 series. "As far as off-the-ball action ... you are not allowed to hold, you are not allowed to bump, and you are not allowed to impede progress. I read that this morning, and I'm positive of it. So, you know, when that happens it has to be called."

Are you kidding me Doc?
laugh.gif

The phrase "pot calling the kettle black" shall hence forth be replaced with "the Doc Rivers complaining about another team's illegal screens."

Dude has SOME nerve.

Other than Fish's heroics, the highlight of the night for me was when tony allen got kicked in the neck because he tried to undercut Kobe on his jumpshot, like they have been doing all series. If you're going to agitate the Mamba, you will get bitten.

Doc Rivers is ridiculous to complain about moving screens.  Is that a joke?

They send TWO screeners to the top of the key on multiple possesions and go side to side waiting for the ballhandler to make his move.  It's a moving screen EVERY SINGLE TIME, and now Doc wants calls? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Ok Doc. 

I hope they call 25 moving screens on the Celtics on Thursday so he learns his lesson.  Want moving screens called?  Okay, here ya go.......
pimp.gif

Doc complaining to the refs is either going to go one of 2 ways officating wise on thursday. either the refs will go into "screw you" mode towards the Celtics because of it and call the game in the Lakers favor or they'll give the Celtics a bunch of home calls, i see the reffing issues continuing in this game either way.

Doc is begging for a problem here pretty soon. 

[h2]
[h2]Rivers: Fisher a really good flopper[/h2]
By Dave McMenamin
ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive

BOSTON -- Count Celtics coach Doc Rivers as one person who won't be marching in the Derek Fisher appreciation parade that commenced Tuesday after the 14-year veteran scored 11 of his 16 points in the fourth quarter to lead the Lakers to a 91-84 Game 3 victory in the Finals.

When asked how Fisher was able to be so successful drawing fouls while being screened, Rivers replied: "What? Besides flopping? He doesn't do a lot extra.

246.jpg

Fisher

nba_g_rivers_65.jpg

Rivers

"He plays hard. He's been in the game long enough to understand. I thought he got away with a lot last night. I thought there was a lot of holding going on and a lot of flopping going on and he finally showed that last one."

Fisher was able to draw three offensive fouls in Game 3, one on Kendrick Perkins in the first quarter and two more on Ray Allen in the second and fourth quarters.

"He's good at it, he's always been good at it," Rivers said. "We knew that going into the series. He's one of the best charge takers in the game. He's always been that. And some of them are charges and then some of them are flops, but all of them are tough to call. It is a brutal call to make; it really is a tough one.

[h4]IT'S L.A., AND IT'S LIVE[/h4]
For more about the Lakers and coverage of the complete Los Angeles sports scene, visit ESPNLosAngeles.com. »

"But as far as the off-the-ball action, single double action, you are not allowed to hold. You're not allowed to bump and you're not allowed to impede progress. I read that this morning, and I'm positive of it. So you know, when that happens, it has to be called."

Fisher said he is able to draw as many offensive fouls as he does because of the nature of the players who he is guarding.

"Guys that I play against every night are involved in 30, sometimes 40 different actions, screen rolls, screens, back picks," Fisher said. "So if three times out of 40 there's an offensive foul called, it's not that I've done anything spectacular necessarily to draw the foul. I just think that because I'm in that situation so many times in a game, you know, there are just times when the referee sees it and makes the call and then there are other times where it's still an illegal screen, they just didn't see it or didn't call it and that's just a part of the game."

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said that Allen was so successful in Game 2, going 8-for-11 on 3-pointers, partially because of how the officials allowed him to elude Fisher's defense through contact.

"[Allen] was able to go both ways be walking Fish into a position where he was taken off balance," Jackson said. "So he couldn't hold his ground, he had to give ground because he was getting called for a foul ... Allen had either way to go off the screens, and we wanted to go one direction and we wanted to hold that position. We wanted to be able to have a defensive position, allow the defensive player and the offensive player, not dislodge the defensive player, which is part of the rules."

Boston has been called for nine more personal fouls through three games than Los Angeles has and an irritated Rivers said that he sent "a lot" of video to the league offices pointing out what he perceived as moving picks set by the Lakers.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Fisher has drawn 20 offensive fouls in the playoffs, more than any other player this postseason -- second and third are Boston's Glen Davis (11) and Paul Pierce (10).

During the regular season, Fisher drew 48 offensive fouls, which tied him for fifth in the league. (Jared Jeffries, who split his season with New York and Houston, drew an NBA-high 59 in 2009-10.)

What a clown.  I like how two Celtics are next in drawn charges, those are probably ok with Doc. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
[/h2]

I just want to rescind a comment I had earlier in last game's post where I cosigned somebody saying if Kobe wants to be compared to Jordan he has to shoot better and play a lot better...

I just looked up Jordan's numbers from his second threepeat, and lemme just say they were doo doo compared to what I thought they were/remembered. He had a ton of games with miserable shooting percentages and rarely approached 50%. I was a little too hard on Kobe (even though I really wish he would improve his shot selection and shooting percentage
laugh.gif
)

I'll take the L for that comment.

laugh.gif
@ Doc being a complete hypocrite........from him complaining about illegal screens(his team is the best at that), to complaining about another player being a "flopper"(like he doesn't notice when paul pierce and ray allen do it)

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Doc knows that fouls not called against the celtics has been their bread and butter the last 3 seasons. Thank god these frauds are old as hell and will not do anything significant next year.

Originally Posted by reddmann s2

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

I wonder if Celtic fans realize it could easily be 3-0 Lakers right now...

It's not though, the Lakers didn't hand over Game 2, the Celtics actually took that game.
This...
This dude Fro B must be one of the most annoying Lakers fan there is.  If it could've been easily 3-0 then it would have, point blank you guys lost game 2 theres no it could've, it happened you guys lost.  Just enjoy game 3 and shut the hell up

I really hope that Doc's crying blows up in his face. How ironic would it be if the flopping, hacking and illegal screens he griped about gets called multiple times on the Celtics. Seeing that their whole game plan relies heavily on those 3 things, it is not to unrealistic to see this happening.

Back
Top Bottom