OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Am I the only one who just loves Varys? As a character, the actor's portrayal, everything... he's just constantly great whenever he's on screen.

Without spoiling anything, obviously, is he portrayed any differently in the books? Or is it pretty much on the money?
IMO the TV adaptation does a great job fleshing out these side characters. They do get some shine every so often but lots of the scenes of Tywin, Varys, Joffrey, Ser Jorah, Queen of Thorns etc happen outside the POV character chapters in the book.

Am I the only one who just loves Varys? As a character, the actor's portrayal, everything... he's just constantly great whenever he's on screen.

Without spoiling anything, obviously, is he portrayed any differently in the books? Or is it pretty much on the money?
IMO the TV adaptation does a great job fleshing out these side characters. They do get some shine every so often but lots of the scenes of Tywin, Varys, Joffrey, Ser Jorah, Queen of Thorns etc happen outside the POV character chapters in the book.

Very cool, thanks.

View media item 449466
View media item 449467View media item 449468

Last edited:
Nah, she worked for Bolton.
Yea IIRC she saw Tywin at some point in Harrenhal but never actually worked for him a la the show. Kinda like I was saying to Big J this is where we get some extra scenes of side characters because outside of Cercei, Jamie or Tyrion chapters in the book you dont' really see Tywin.

Nah, she worked for Bolton.
Yea IIRC she saw Tywin at some point in Harrenhal but never actually worked for him a la the show. Kinda like I was saying to Big J this is where we get some extra scenes of side characters because outside of Cercei, Jamie or Tyrion chapters in the book you dont' really see Tywin.

I'm not 100% sure, I think she saw him when she first got there and it was being held by Vargo Hoat.

You're definitely right though, having it be Tywin led to some great scenes between him and Arya.

Last edited:
Pod is the stud of King's Landing. Where my dude Bronn at? Was expecting him to be getting drunk with Tyrion and Pod.

Pod with the pipe!
laugh.gif
Rowdy Poddy Piper.

Did anyone else peep the scene where tyrion and pod were drinking and pod was trying to keep up. Then tyrion says "if it were easy being drunk all the time everyone would be doing it" straight lulz 
roll.gif

Love seeing those pics! Khaleesi and Melissandrei are my boos. Sansa surprising me with those pics in a good way :pimp:

Lol, I think I see what you did there. If so, touché, lol

Question for the book readers, does Jon Snow ever get any info on who his mother was? I know the book isn't finished, but at this current point does he still long to know who his mother was?

Shoot me a PM please.

Only theories so far about his parentage and why ned was secretive...but there is a good one...the next book should tell it

Melisandre and Ros? Cool that Mamoa still goes to the show parties. Should've showed up in his Drogo costume :smokin. Would've liked to see him challenge the daario actor to a fight.

View media item 449615

Back
Top Bottom