Official Guitar Players Thread vol. Beginner - Intermediate - Advanced

I played for a few years when I was younger, now I’m 37 and I recently picked up an electric a few months ago. I’ve been so obsessed with it, I love playing so much. Just picked up an acoustic (fg800) yesterday. Been using the fender play app to learn. Anyone else on NT playing?

I played for a few years when I was younger, now I’m 37 and I recently picked up an electric a few months ago. I’ve been so obsessed with it, I love playing so much. Just picked up an acoustic (fg800) yesterday. Been using the fender play app to learn. Anyone else on NT playing?
Awesome to hear. Always love when people find a new passion with guitar.

I’m still pickin around. Trying to get my vocals better to maybe do some open mics around my town in 2022. I have the guitars / gear I dreamt of, now to make use of them.

Awesome to hear. Always love when people find a new passion with guitar.

I’m still pickin around. Trying to get my vocals better to maybe do some open mics around my town in 2022. I have the guitars / gear I dreamt of, now to make use of them.
It’s crazy how much more I enjoy it now than when I was younger. I definitely understand putting in work much more now than when I was a kid. Those days I just wanted to be awesome instantly, now I really am working at it. Putting in the time and Building solid foundation.

What gear you rockin?

It’s crazy how much more I enjoy it now than when I was younger. I definitely understand putting in work much more now than when I was a kid. Those days I just wanted to be awesome instantly, now I really am working at it. Putting in the time and Building solid foundation.

What gear you rockin?
Yep, guitar is just one of those things.. you get what you put in. There's not really a way to "cheat" your way to playing well.

Right now I have the following:

Acoustic
-2012 Taylor 114CE
-2004 Martin D18GE
-2019 Martin HD28

My Taylor is retired, my D18GE is sentimental to me as it was a wedding gift from my wife, and my HD28 is my "dream workhorse" that I take with me wherever I need to and just take good care of.

Electric
-MIM Fender Strat
-Fender Blues Jr III NOS
-Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer Pedal

My Strat was pretty much loaded and the only thing stock on it now is the neck and body lol Full loaded pick guard custom built, amazing tuners, gold hardware replaced all the chrome, etc. Basically meant to look like a new version of John Mayer's BLK 1 guitar.

I'll post pics in a sec

My Strat
D6963B9D-AB26-4492-BB67-BF5BF23D7AE7.jpeg

My Martin HD28
94BB1B42-652A-4498-B999-BB246C02A6EC.jpeg

My two. Starter kit squire strat and Yamaha fg800. I really wanted to spend more money but used my head and decided I’d get the nicer guitar(s) in a year or two once I deserve them.

B5EC7F7B-8ACB-42B2-B6D1-F298607C9836.jpeg

My two. Starter kit squire strat and Yamaha fg800. I really wanted to spend more money but used my head and decided I’d get the nicer guitar(s) in a year or two once I deserve them.

B5EC7F7B-8ACB-42B2-B6D1-F298607C9836.jpeg
You've got both bases covered. As long as they're comfortable to play and you enjoy it, ain't nothin broken. I've been playing for over 10 years now, and it took me about that long to get the guitars I have now.

Have you had them looked at by a luthier for a possible set up? That's always my main concern with people learning is making sure their guitars are set up nice and buttery.. you'll want to play even more if your guitar plays its best.

You've got both bases covered. As long as they're comfortable to play and you enjoy it, ain't nothin broken. I've been playing for over 10 years now, and it took me about that long to get the guitars I have now.

Have you had them looked at by a luthier for a possible set up? That's always my main concern with people learning is making sure their guitars are set up nice and buttery.. you'll want to play even more if your guitar plays its best.
I haven’t. But have been thinking about taking them to the shop to have them looked over. I’ll have to do that soon.

Back
Top Bottom