Official Guitar Players Thread vol. Beginner - Intermediate - Advanced

I've been playing seriously again for the past couple months, I've learned whole albums by ear and gotten better at soloing.
I'm learning this right now

I'm working on my fingerpicking

Voice Recorder >>

Here's me playing She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5. I tabbed this all by ear so it's not 100% but I got the chorus from how they play it live acoustic. Love the way it sounds.
pimp.gif

You got some good control over that song man, i remember they were my first fave band when i first started playing and i used to struggle nailing down.

I like how you started with the original version of the song then went to their live acoustic.

speaking of M5,

their solos at 2 05 and at the end are sweet

I've been playing the piano for almost 18 years. I wanna learn how to play the guitar now. Advanced people how hard is it to learn and do you think it'll be difficult given my musical background and skill?

Originally Posted by First Round Draft Pick

I've been playing the piano for almost 18 years. I wanna learn how to play the guitar now. Advanced people how hard is it to learn and do you think it'll be difficult given my musical background and skill?

I think that the only thing you'll have to pick up is the basic and fundamentals of actually playing the guitar. You will have a good taste of musical theory and what sounds right / wrong because of your piano playing.. should be A LOT easier than most people for you to learn. Grab one! 
happy.gif

Depends, my line 6 dl4 is a delay pedal and i got a used one for 170 but it has as built in loop, loop pedals can range from 100 to 200. But i did get a pure loop pedal Boss rc 20xl and that is more than i need so im happy with it

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

Hes fast
laugh.gif

He could've reached legendary status 
frown.gif

He mastered the guitar and was writing compositions before the age of 20, every time I feel like dropping the guitar I listen to Perpetual Burn and remember why I picked it up in the first place
pimp.gif

I remember how stoked I was when I learned how to play the first minute of this song, me and my boy were in talks of doing a duet and recording it but I moved away, we're still in talks about it though, it's something I really wanna do.
laugh.gif

im literally about to post 1000 miles intro by vanessa carlton
laugh.gif
im bored in school ill get a break soon and ill record it

figured it out when some kind wanted to see if i could get it down

I just tried to figure it out and came up with a Bm chord with my index bar on the 10th fret, then to a F chord with my index bar on the 8th fret. Then a F chord without the middle finger at the bottom on the 5th fret.

Obviously you strum, pause, strum each chord then transition.

Bump. want to try to learn again

any websites with good beginner guitar lessons? Like dummy proof step by step?

well this thread is interesting... my bro plays guitar but were only into the heaviest of metal and occasionally other genres, and these aren't really my taste but if your serious about learning go to ultimateguitar.com with tabs to help you even for beginners, it's user submitted so even the farther outta reach songs you need help with should be there, mainly for the people trying to learn hip-hop guitar parts like Ne-Yo's Mycold posted above.

Lol when my bro learned Good Dank by Wiz by ear and found the tab later there (bass)

NGD & NAD: AFTS75T & RG20

First time, in all of my CL transactions that the guy seemed cool and nice guy. We are able to talk and hangout at the GC for around an hour, thanks again Richard. Guitar played well, a little muddy for my ears, but then again all the pickups sound the same to me, newbie guitarist. I then picked up an acoustic Road Runner case for my acoustic and somehow the artcore fit for around $40. Finally went to a GC closer to home and was able to pick up my first own amp, a Raven RG20 Combo Amp for around $30, I tried getting the tax taken off but they wouldn't budge. But for $30, it played great and comes with a bunch of effects that I will ever need, at least at this point. Overall, not a bad way to spend $310 and an afternoon. P.S. I already own MIM tele, MIM strat, and Takamine EG340SC and RP80 effects pedal. All I need to do is practice.

Never knew this thread existed. I play a Schecter Blackjack. I've been playing for about 8 years now, but I only started to invest a lot of time in playing within the last year or so. I've been playing like 5-6 hours a day lately after my buddy helped me come up with a daily practice routine. I really need to learn how to read music again though. I play everything through tabs or by ear.

Last edited:
Bump.

Been getting back into playing a lot lately.. just learned a bit of Slow Dancing in a Burning Room by John Mayer. Beautiful acoustic intro if you can learn it.

As for my electric, I pick it up every so often to play the riffs for Psychosocial, Beast and the Harlot, Critical Acclaim, etc. :smokin

Dope thread - I jus started learning about a month or so ago. I started taking lessons, but found it better to learn on my own.

Mine :smile:

Back
Top Bottom