OFFICIAL HALO MASTER PATCH COLLECTION, VOL: sign up for a patch beta! No really....

I understand why they wanted to remaster the OST but it just sounds over done.
larry-david.gif

How do you guys plan on playing it? I think I have my schedule planned out

first i want to check out halo 3 and halo 4 multiplayer for a bit since those are what Im most comfortable with

then Ill play through halo 1 and 2 campaign

then halo 2 mp for a bit

maybe some halo 1 mp

then halo 3 and 4 campaign.

then back to halo 3 MP

I wont play a single game of H4 MP ever.

Starting off with two for sure, then three, then CE. Will end up spending most of my time between two and three depending on what other people play.

I do plan on doing that every Campaign runthrough on Legendary though at least once

Last edited:
The fact that Halo 3 is not being considered by anyone as the game to host competitive Halo events is an issue. Now with the fact that forge for H2A will have sandbox maps even that will get the leg up over H3, regardless of all the stupid stuff theyre adding into it.

Halo 3 took as much skill as any of them IMO, but theres a bunch of "issues" that I know 343 isnt going to fix that basically void all chance of people propping up H3 when H2 is available.

halo 3 was awesome

but damn i wasnt good like maybe some of yall with this lingo. i held my own against decent/good competition and i never used BR

i cant aim for crap

The problem with halo 3 IMO was that the close range weapons were ALL useless. They literally had the range of the shotgun at best.

I thought Halo 3 was the best of them all multiplayer wise.

It was the most balanced there wasn't glitches (BXBR, superjumping, getting out of the map, under the map).

I don't know why they didn't take that crap out from Halo 2.

I just hope that the community stays intact and you can find games to play, but with all of these heavy hitters coming I don't know if it'll make it past Christmas, well yeah because of Xmas noobs, but I don't know if the community is going to stick around.

Another thing I think they're making a mistake about is releasing Halo 5 when 3arcs COD releases because now 3archs COD's are the most anticipated.

Halo 3 still has enough players to find a game all the time. I don't think there'll be a problem.

My main concern is the fact that the population is going to be so segmented. We're talking 5 games (3 of which will really matter LOL H2A and H4), all with probably 12 playlists apiece, with RANKED and SOCIAL. Thats too many splits. Halo has always had a playlist population problem in certain aspects, Team Objective never does numbers because everyone would rather play Slayer, and the same goes for BTB. Do that for 5 games now and its going to be an issue. Those playlists will die, like they have in the past, except now its going to be a much quicker death.

I'm also curious to see if 343 starts the game off with playlists the right way. It took Bungie almost two years to finally give in to ranked Team Snipers, they didnt even make Team Objective BR starts only, they just retired Team OBJ and replaced it with Throwback, FFA Objective, I could go on and on and on about their follies with Matchmaking.

I would think that with 4 former Halo pros working directly for 343, they would avoid making these and other mishaps but who even knows.

Its not hard to do this right though:

Every ranked playlist should be BR starts. That alone solves 80% of the problems. No AR starts EVER. 

No FFA Objective

Game needs to start with Ranked Team Slayer, Team Doubles, Team Objective, Big Team Battle, Team Snipers, Team Hardcore, and Team SWAT maybe. Social can contain whatever else, but that is how ranked 

THATS IT. I'm sure it wont go down that way, but it would really be for the best.

The community would stick. People still play Halo 3 right now, it makes it into the 10's of thousands all the time and its seven years old.

Halo CE was the reason I bought an original Xbox and this ani edition is leaving me heavily favoring getting an Xbox One. I wanted a PS4, but this game changes everything :frown:

Wish I knew that info back in the Halo 2 days when me and my friends would play online. My weapon of choice was the shotgun and plamsa grenade combo. I got mowed down a lot :smh:

No to ranked having to be only BR starts. I want some variety when I play. Mlg can have only BR starts.

By variety you mean dysfunction. All the other guns including the AR would still be there, why not include the one gun everyones trying to find and use anyways.

At the most Team Slayer and team doubles can have AR starts with a low weighting. You cant effecively play Objective with them, or BTB.

Team Hardcore/ MLG (who I hope dont even come back into the Halo scene) cant be the only playlist that stresses BR starts.

Wish I knew that info back in the Halo 2 days when me and my friends would play online. My weapon of choice was the shotgun and plamsa grenade combo. I got mowed down a lot
mean.gif
This. You just end up dying a lot,

Last edited:
You've just explained the core of halo movement and gameplay. Map control is crucial and make for a more entertaining match. BR starts for everything will make the game as boring as 4 was.

I agree with Blaster. That kind of ideology is why Reach, and 4 sucked so badly. There was no real need to venture out into the maps. Don't even get me started on that damn DMR. To me Halo has always been AR, grenades, lets go! Of course you grab better weapons along the way.

You've just explained the core of halo movement and gameplay. Map control is crucial and make for a more entertaining match. BR starts for everything will make the game as boring as 4 was.

I agree with Blaster. That kind of ideology is why Reach, and 4 sucked so badly. There was no real need to venture out into the maps. Don't even get me started on that damn DMR. To me Halo has always been AR, grenades, lets go! Of course you grab better weapons along the way.

Agreed. This is why Halo is Halo.

Agreed. This is why Halo is Halo.
IDK why you guys keep saying that, Reach and 4 were built with the opposite of competitive play in mind. 

Map movement and control still happen with BR starts though, you still move all around the map, and vie for power weapon and choke point control. Theres way more movement than in AR starts trust me. AR starts promote crouch walking and camping cause your chance of dying goes up by such a large amount.

Hitscan made map movement pointless in Reach and 4, not starting with the mid-long range gun. Hitscan makes map movement harder because you can perfect 4shot a guy from across the map. The same thing happened in H2 to an extent, but the difference was the BR didnt have the range the DMR did. Hitscan plus a gun with sniper range was a terrible idea from the get go.

I'm not saying do away with AR starts, just in ranked.

Back
Top Bottom