OFFICIAL HALO MASTER PATCH COLLECTION, VOL: sign up for a patch beta! No really....

Midship is being remade for H5. I hated Midship
a5f381d08be33db14343c6e5074848a9.png

Which map is that is that the map that is mostly a purple color with a walkway and the sword in the middle?

Still can't believe how great of a deal this is though.

All the maps :wow:
Yep that map. The most over rated map in halo history, never got the love for it

What is the name of the small map inside a building with four walls and an open center and around 3-4 stories? It was terrible for everything but rockets. But man, Rockets sure was fun on it. I believe there was a small structure in the middle where they placed the rockets/sword.
Not sure

Sanctuary was :pimp: :pimp: though

Last edited:
Damn that game in the vid posted by Ja's 2¢ Ja's 2¢ look :wow:

They did a damn good job on it...

Damn good.

Midship is being remade for H5. I hated Midship
a5f381d08be33db14343c6e5074848a9.png

Which map is that is that the map that is mostly a purple color with a walkway and the sword in the middle?

Still can't believe how great of a deal this is though.

All the maps :wow:
Yep that map. The most over rated map in halo history, never got the love for it

Yeah that map is overrated as hell all I remember from it is plasma grenades spawn everywhere :lol:

Oh yeah and the carbon rifle and dudes trying to get on top of of roofs of one of the four covered structures.

Last edited:

I love how we only get H2A gameplay. No H2Classic, No 3, no CE, just this. I dont care about the terrible additions you're making to the maps 343 I really dont care.

Last edited:
Never understood the need to change anything. I get they want some credit to make it a "343 game", but nobody cares about it.

If anybody wanted ANYTHING changed about halo 2 they wouldn't want to buy the game in the first place

For the PAX Prime Showdown, we’ll be once again teaming up with Twitch and ESL to bring you top-notch 4v4 gameplay using a similar format to the one seen at gamescom. We’re inviting 5 teams, and will be qualifying the final 3 spots on the PAX Prime show floor at the Astro Gaming and Skullcandy booths.

The following teams have received invites to the tournament:

Str8 Rippin

Elamite
Snipedown
ACE
StrongSide

Triggers Down

Heinz
Hysteria
FearItSelf
Lethul

VwS USA

Goofy
Mikwen
Naded
Legit

Darkest Hour

Elumnite
Cobys2Fast
Wolfmayne
Frosty

TCM

Ramirez
TuFoxy
Riotz
Chalkie

In addition to these invited teams, we’ll be looking for teams on the show floor to fill the remaining spots in the 8 team bracket. Our friends at ASTRO Gaming and Skullcandy Gaming will be holding qualifiers in their booth all day Friday, where eager teams can earn wild card tickets into the tournament finals, taking place Saturday and Sunday. To be one of the qualified teams, stop by one of these booths and lay down one of the top win streaks of the day. At the end of the day on Friday, we’ll take the top performers from the floor and throw them into the finals.

The finals will be taking place on Saturday and Sunday at Twitch.tv/Halo. The finals will feature some new game types, and the format will be a double elimination, best of 5 bracket with all matches streamed on the main stage, so you won’t miss a single moment of the action.

We’ll have more information on the qualifiers, finals, casters, and more in next week’s Bulletin. We can’t wait for the matches to get kicked off, and whether it’s in person or on Twitch, we hope you’ll join us next weekend for the Halo PAX Prime Showdown!

Along with that a panel will be happening Saturday, the 6th, at 11 AM PST[/QUOTE]

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-halo-bulletin-8-21-14

I also expect them to reveal Lockout for H2A during this whole thing, and its going to be a variety of gametypes (Bomb Hill Flag) not just Slayer.

Will be watching. Straight Ripping without T Squared on it, doesnt even seem right. If only Final Boss still existed :smh:

Why do we need it if they're exact ports?

To be able to brand it as a 343 game in some way. Nobody's buying that though. Bungie needs to D slap them for that.

Why take a work of art and draw little doodles next to it to personalize it? :smh:

Plvn is right..why do we need to see CE or h2 gameplay when we already know what its like. H2A is at least somewhat different to look at, I don't mind..nor do I need to see footage of 2 or 3 before i make my purchase I already know :smokin

Last edited:
Plvn is right..why do we need to see CE or h2 gameplay when we already know what its like. H2A is at least somewhat different to look at, I don't mind..nor do I need to see footage of 2 or 3 before i make my purchase I already know :smokin

Why not show it? It's what people are buying for. Quench the thirst

It's just like you said, they want to show off the little stuff that they did instead of basically promoting a 10 year old Bungie game.

I love how we only get H2A gameplay. No H2Classic, No 3, no CE, just this. I dont care about the terrible additions you're making to the maps 343 I really dont care.

Why do we need it if they're exact ports?

To prove to me that they didn't screw it up

Also that tournament is over already. T Squared won't let those guys use the name Str8 Rippin but they dropped Elmamite Warrior and picked up Pistola

Check Out Halo Master Chief Collection's Remastered Map: Lockout
The fifth map to be revealed for the Halo 2 Anniversary Edition on Xbox One is the classic Lockout.

113 131 +1
The Halo Master Chief Collection has offered up several remastered versions of classic maps for the game's Halo 2: Anniversary Edition, and the reveal for today is Lockout.

Describing the map, a representative from Microsoft wrote: "As one of the flagship Halo 2 tournament maps, Lockout was home to a wide host of game types, including Free-for-All, Oddball, King of the Hill, 1-Flag CTF, and of course, Team Slayer. Get ready to return to this classic battleground as Lockdown, part of the Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer experience in Halo: The Master Chief Collection."

Lockout joins the remastered maps we've already heard about, including:

Sanctuary
Zanzibar
Coagulation
Ascension
You can check out comparisons of the original Halo 2 map against the upcoming Xbox One version in the images below.

Max Hoberman, who was lead designer on the original Halo 2 and who's studio is working with 343 on multiplayer for the Master Chief Collection, wrote, "Lockout was hands-down the most popular small arena-style map in Halo 2. We're thrilled to be bringing this fan-favorite back, and are paying close attention to the details and subtleties that made the original great while also making a couple of very careful, very calculated enhancements."

What types of changes will we see? Hoberman writes, "Most prominent among these are a bit of cover added to the 'Elbow,' the long walkway connecting the grav lift to the sniper tower, and a dynamic element that should help counter an entrenched group of enemies. Of course this can be disabled in Forge for players who want a near-match of the original experience."

Halo 2 Anniversary Edition will include all of the maps and modes from the original game with graphical updates, but the team is only working on completely remastering six of the maps. And if you're heading to PAX Prime this weekend, you'll get to try out the Halo Master Chief Collection yourself and see how the update looks on a selection of the maps.

While you're at PAX, be sure to check out all the panels, parties, and pancake breakfasts you can take part in with the GameSpot crew.
BwIzqETIYAAir_H.jpg:large

BwIzptECcAEpmcN.jpg:large

BwIzr4nIMAEHicK.jpg:large

BwIzt4UIAAEOeMz.jpg:large

Lockout 
mean.gif
, another one of the over-rated Halo maps. Never got the praise to the point where its been reimagined once and created Guardian( which also is bad) and now been remade twice.

Spawn BR Tower, and get everything. Get the height, get the Sniper, get the sword. Makes no sense.

Watch them put the cherry on top and remake Midship AGAIN or Beaver Creek 
sick.gif

They wont do something unexpected and bring back Elongation no no no. Guess it doesnt matter cause no ones going to play H2A anyways.

Lockout :smh: , another one of the over-rated Halo maps. Never got the praise to the point where its been reimagined once and created Guardian( which also is bad) and now been remade twice.

Spawn BR Tower, and get everything. Get the height, get the Sniper, get the sword. Makes no sense.

Watch them put the cherry on top and remake Midship AGAIN or Beaver Creek :x

They wont do something unexpected and bring back Elongation no no no. Guess it doesnt matter cause no ones going to play H2A anyways.

Bruh, I cannot believe you said Guardian is bad :smh:

Lockout 
mean.gif
, another one of the over-rated Halo maps. Never got the praise to the point where its been reimagined once and created Guardian( which also is bad) and now been remade twice.

Watch them put the cherry on top and remake Midship AGAIN or Beaver Creek 
sick.gif

Bruh, I cannot believe you said Guardian is bad
mean.gif
Guardian is TERRIBLE. I could write a five paragraph essay on why that map sucks. It plays only one gametype well and thats oddball. Its terrible for slayer, its a blessing when I play guardian games that hit 50 kills. 

Back
Top Bottom