Official Headphones Thread. Vol. Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones The Best?

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

ya girl got her pros tonight ... quick flick taken with iphone4 (i need to clean my coffee table off, lol)

here is my take, for those who like the beats series ...

i had the studios since day one ...

i understand that these are in no way an upgrade but a new pair of headphones ...

i got these because they are more durable and no batteries was a good look for me ...

i have been listening to them for about 2 hours straight now ... i can honestly say these are far more comfortable on my head than the studios, the ear cup leather material shape change was a good look. they feel far more solid, you don't have to baby them like the studios (which i cracked one pair, and got a replacement luckily, still was worrisome because they are not cheap as we all know)

as far as the music goes, i am not a dj or in the music industry, i am just a chick who is heavy into music and like the best quality i can get on the go or if i am chillin' at the house and just want to zone out on the music tip. the clarity of these is more superior compared to the studios, they are more crisp when it comes to really hearing the lyrics and not having the actual music of a track drown out the lyrics in a track. at the same time, i love for stuff to really hit. that bass, really pushes me and gets me hype, these are hitting more than the studios bass wise. i am into hiphop music mainly and these really bring the clarity of sound and lyrics out in another way.

only downside really was price, i think 300 woulda been a fair price for these. but hey, i am not bugging, i got what i wanted and i am happy not complaining. my studios were a b-day gift, so i was happy then, and buying these now at best buy with no interest on them for 18 months was a good look as well.
laugh.gif

i had solos since last christmas and last weekend, i finally got myself some studios for decent price. after using them for few days its
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

only problem i have using them is that they +#+@!$* leak too damn much... its like everybody around me can hear my music if i put the volume up 3/4. does beats pro leak as much as studios?

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by shazulu

20f25f1e39a625d33ea658c5382e814fcd2c427.jpg

deb350cbe9a8acae59b43f0062e2b11bd2f0380.jpg

f5b159eeab543b624cc8ca7ed9b7489909b7fcf.jpg

ef4151eea053326805605acb33ebb06966ce9f0.jpg

17e154e1a25b3b608a2a2694889f26278bd54de.jpg

ad535542e3fea79c5bfa3b0c6884feabb5ae101.jpg

After waiting all day I got em' feel like I lost a little interest haven't really messed with them yet, I paid under retail still a little much. I doubt I will ever pay that much for headphones ever again!They seem very durable the leather might tear before the headphones break that's what I'm thinking... Best looking headphones out there, I'm not a true audiophile but I listen to music all day everyday these do seem a bit uncomfortable and tight but i've been wearing my du-rag since I was a kid...
alien.gif
I don't think any reasonable person in the world would pay over maybe $200 for these headphones. I was just expecting to be blown away... you need stadium speakers to get me tweaking. Maybe it was hype or because it's a b day present to myself I'll see how I feel after a week or something... Off to scan my collection for that M
smokin.gif
SIC!

EDIT...
eek.gif
I'M GETTING BLOWN! Dre is crazy
laugh.gif
bro can you listen to this song, tell me how it sounds please

never heard that song�
pimp.gif
...ill say it again GRADOS if thats what you mainly listen to...the beats will just muffle that sound up�
are these better than the studios?

Got the Solo HDs about 10 days ago, I'm thinking of returning them and getting the Studios... but how much better than they really sound coming out of an iPod?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

ya girl got her pros tonight ... quick flick taken with iphone4 (i need to clean my coffee table off, lol)

here is my take, for those who like the beats series ...

i had the studios since day one ...

i understand that these are in no way an upgrade but a new pair of headphones ...

i got these because they are more durable and no batteries was a good look for me ...

i have been listening to them for about 2 hours straight now ... i can honestly say these are far more comfortable on my head than the studios, the ear cup leather material shape change was a good look. they feel far more solid, you don't have to baby them like the studios (which i cracked one pair, and got a replacement luckily, still was worrisome because they are not cheap as we all know)

as far as the music goes, i am not a dj or in the music industry, i am just a chick who is heavy into music and like the best quality i can get on the go or if i am chillin' at the house and just want to zone out on the music tip. the clarity of these is more superior compared to the studios, they are more crisp when it comes to really hearing the lyrics and not having the actual music of a track drown out the lyrics in a track. at the same time, i love for stuff to really hit. that bass, really pushes me and gets me hype, these are hitting more than the studios bass wise. i am into hiphop music mainly and these really bring the clarity of sound and lyrics out in another way.

only downside really was price, i think 300 woulda been a fair price for these. but hey, i am not bugging, i got what i wanted and i am happy not complaining. my studios were a b-day gift, so i was happy then, and buying these now at best buy with no interest on them for 18 months was a good look as well.
laugh.gif

You foul.....lmao
roll.gif
roll.gif

buying these now at best buy with no interest on them for 18 months was a good look as well.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

If you knew someone at best buy they could have gotten these joints for like $180. I'm not trying to hate on your purchase, but you did buy something you didn't need and over paid for something you could have gotten for cheaper. Even though you not a DJ, your not a savvy consumer......"SUCKER"

What's an alternative in size and quality to the Solo's? That's a good size and look for headphones, to me. Willing to spend 125. TIA.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

What's an alternative in size and quality to the Solo's? That's a good size and look for headphones, to me. Willing to spend 125. TIA.

The New Bose AE2 audio headphones. They $150 though. I'll recommeond them over the solo's cause they don't lay flat on your ear, and clarity on the AE2 blows away the solo's a mile away.

"THE MARSHALLS MAIJOR" I haven't heard them but, ill will be picking these up for my headphone collection. $100 bucks for solid looking cans.

http://hypebeast.com/2010/11/marshall-the-major-headphones/#disqus_thread

Originally Posted by icykicks79

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by shazulu

20f25f1e39a625d33ea658c5382e814fcd2c427.jpg

deb350cbe9a8acae59b43f0062e2b11bd2f0380.jpg

f5b159eeab543b624cc8ca7ed9b7489909b7fcf.jpg

ef4151eea053326805605acb33ebb06966ce9f0.jpg

17e154e1a25b3b608a2a2694889f26278bd54de.jpg

ad535542e3fea79c5bfa3b0c6884feabb5ae101.jpg

After waiting all day I got em' feel like I lost a little interest haven't really messed with them yet, I paid under retail still a little much. I doubt I will ever pay that much for headphones ever again!They seem very durable the leather might tear before the headphones break that's what I'm thinking... Best looking headphones out there, I'm not a true audiophile but I listen to music all day everyday these do seem a bit uncomfortable and tight but i've been wearing my du-rag since I was a kid...
alien.gif
I don't think any reasonable person in the world would pay over maybe $200 for these headphones. I was just expecting to be blown away... you need stadium speakers to get me tweaking. Maybe it was hype or because it's a b day present to myself I'll see how I feel after a week or something... Off to scan my collection for that M
smokin.gif
SIC!

EDIT...
eek.gif
I'M GETTING BLOWN! Dre is crazy
laugh.gif
bro can you listen to this song, tell me how it sounds please

never heard that song�
pimp.gif
...ill say it again GRADOS if thats what you mainly listen to...the beats will just muffle that sound up�
are these better than the studios?
if you listen to rock yeah, they are open headphones so sound leaks out they are not noise canceling...if you listen to rock grado or alassandro m1 are the way to go 

Alchemist IQ

i bought what i wanted, the way i wanted. i would never laugh at a person or call them a sucker because of that.

you not trying to hate on my purchase but you call me a sucker?

no need to disrespect me.

i don't know anyone at best buy and that is okay.

i could have paid cash, debit, amex ... i had plenty of options.

really i don't care that you don't think i am not a savvy consumer, i am a consumer who buys what i want and keeps it moving and i don't judge others for doing the same.

knowing how niketalk goes, you gonna respond back to this and make some other negative comment and attempt to "out do" my last comment ..

i am not going to play that game.

you win. i got what i wanted and i am happy.

^Well then. That's that!

But seriously, only 1 alternative? And it's Bose? I'm trying to be eclectic here!!

I think I might return my solos today. I like them a lot, but could use the extra money and already have monster turbines. If I traveled a lot it'd be different I guess. Maybe I'll get the Studios come tax return time.

There are times the Solos sound great to me and other times I'm not that impressed though. Maybe I'll check out those AE2's

Alchemist IQ

i bought what i wanted, the way i wanted. i would never laugh at a person or call them a sucker because of that.

you not trying to hate on my purchase but you call me a sucker?

no need to disrespect me.

i don't know anyone at best buy and that is okay.

i could have paid cash, debit, amex ... i had plenty of options.

really i don't care that you don't think i am not a savvy consumer, i am a consumer who buys what i want and keeps it moving and i don't judge others for doing the same.

knowing how niketalk goes, you gonna respond back to this and make some other negative comment and attempt to "out do" my last comment ..

i am not going to play that game.

you win. i got what i wanted and i am happy.

may i ask what was your reason to buy these? 400 isn't chump change. and from my understanding, these are subpar compared to other cheaper (or even around the same price range) cans.

personally, i'd look at all my options before throwing down 400 on a pair of cans other than looks and them being from a known rapper/producer and a company that's know to rip off it's customers with stupidly expensive stuff.

but, that's just me. like you said, it's your money.

i got a pair of Beats by Dre Solo's on sale. $199 -> $139+tax

they're much better than my stock iPhone headphones. i'm gonna keep those in the car for when people call, and the beats at home.

i was hesitant on purchasing them, but they're great so far.

may i ask what was your reason to buy these?

hi cwrite, hope you been well.

i bought them because i had the studios, got them as a  b-day from my parents i really liked them.

i liked the fact that these were more durable, i did not need to put batteries in them, and others can not hear what i am listening to.

listening to them and comparing them with my other pair, i found the pros to have better clarity which was nice as well.

i'm sure there are other great headphones out there for a better price to, but i liked the first set i had so i went with a more durable set from that same brand.

i like the design and the style of them as well, a lot better than my studios. i would be lying if i said i didn't. with my studios i never loved the design, the materials were cheap and they showed many fingerprints. the top band of the pros is a lot more comfy with the extra padding as well for me.

you are right $400 is a lot of money especially for some headphones. i listen to them everyday so i want to make sure i get what i like.

its kind of like, i could have gotten a coach wallet, but i picked the louis one. i could have gotten a dell, but i went with the macbook. people have their own reasons for the choices they make, whether it be style, comfort, quality. whatever their reason may be its fine by me, if they have the money to support their interests.

when people are able to get what they want, i think good for them. i don't really care why they wanted the item, what they spent, if they were able to get what they wanted and had the means to do so.

think of all the shoes you may have bought because you liked them, you over pay sometimes. i know we have all done that. i been outta the shoe game for 3 years. but like i said, if you wanted them, for whatever reason and you were able to obtain them, i'm happy for you.

Originally Posted by LuckyP90

I have the AD700. I bought them for COD i was going to buy the mixamp thing too but i lost interest in the game like a week after the headphones shipped.

I dont have much to compare but they seem pretty good for music, definitely better then the earbuds i have. I would never wear it out in public though.

I love my AD700..when they work. I was really rough with them and now only one ear works consistently..theres a wire loose or grounding out but im too lazy to figure it out.

Should be copping AD900's or Denon D2000's soon.

may i ask what was your reason to buy these?

hi cwrite, hope you been well.

i bought them because i had the studios, got them as a  b-day from my parents i really liked them.

i liked the fact that these were more durable, i did not need to put batteries in them, and others can not hear what i am listening to.

listening to them and comparing them with my other pair, i found the pros to have better clarity which was nice as well.

i'm sure there are other great headphones out there for a better price to, but i liked the first set i had so i went with a more durable set from that same brand.

i like the design and the style of them as well, a lot better than my studios. i would be lying if i said i didn't. with my studios i never loved the design, the materials were cheap and they showed many fingerprints. the top band of the pros is a lot more comfy with the extra padding as well for me.

you are right $400 is a lot of money especially for some headphones. i listen to them everyday so i want to make sure i get what i like.

its kind of like, i could have gotten a coach wallet, but i picked the louis one. i could have gotten a dell, but i went with the macbook. people have their own reasons for the choices they make, whether it be style, comfort, quality. whatever their reason may be its fine by me, if they have the money to support their interests.

when people are able to get what they want, i think good for them. i don't really care why they wanted the item, what they spent, if they were able to get what they wanted and had the means to do so.

think of all the shoes you may have bought because you liked them, you over pay sometimes. i know we have all done that. i been outta the shoe game for 3 years. but like i said, if you wanted them, for whatever reason and you were able to obtain them, i'm happy for you.

that's cool, was just curious. don't limit yourself simply because you've had a similar pair before, like i said, there is cheaper and better out there from actual headphone companies and not a company that tries to do all. but hey, as long as you enjoy them.. who cares what people think, right?
laugh.gif

with that said, gonna sell some kicks to pick up ad700 (gaming)/m50(music) combo this month.

and i've been good, hope you're doing great yourself. which by the looks of your recent purchase, you are
laugh.gif

These came in the mail today
[h1]Beyerdynamic DT 770[/h1]
_c503958_image_0.jpg

Too lazy to open em up, though
30t6p3b.gif
Damn those companies that make the packages dummy proof.

If they're just like the studios.. and are just bigger and don't require batteries... i'll stick with my studios. Seem pretty pointless, na'means?

Returned my solo HDs and got the Bose AE2's.... hmmmm don't think that was the right choice. Saved me some money though. I may just return these and put the money toward the XI's.... sounds like a plan to me.

cwrite i hear you friend .... that is just how my mind works when i find something i like.

for instance i like the levis 511, so i have that one style in 8-9 different rinses. i like vans authentics, so i have that one shoe in 7 different colors. i go with what i like and what i know. but you are right, nothing wrong with looking into things more, you may find something even better.

i just get stuck in my own ways, that is just my personality. same reason this is Niketalk and not Adidas talk. Because we like what we like and that is nike.

thank you for the advice, i appreciate it.

for the headphones you like, are the they audio techicna ath-ad700's?

if so they are on amazon right now for a good deal.

i'm always doing good, never bad.
wink.gif

If they're just like the studios.. and are just bigger and don't require batteries... i'll stick with my studios. Seem pretty pointless, na'means?

well seeing as how the studios are plastic and these are metal, that was big for me. the cans are more comfy to as well as the top of the headphones. i cracked one pair of the studios. it was like every time i put the studios on my head, the material would get weaker and weaker and then SNAP! but if you in good shape with that, yeah you right, it would be pointless.

yeah, they are fairly cheap. i think around 80ish, and the m50 around 109. i dont have disposable income right now, that's why i need to get rid of some shoes before i purchase anything
laugh.gif

yeah, they are fairly cheap. i think around 80ish, and the m50 around 109. i dont have disposable income right now, that's why i need to get rid of some shoes before i purchase anything
laugh.gif

i sold everything about 3 years ago, i did very well on ebay, i made about 4-5K. i had too many shoes for all the wrong reasons. so i just decided to let them all go. i feel like the older i have gotten the less i care about shoes. idk they use to be a big deal to me they were "my thing." don't get me wrong, i still like to look that is why i am still on the board, but i just don't have the desire to buy them like i use to.

you should go through all the stuff you don't wear or wear it once in a while and let it go. make a day of it. stack up some cheese for new interests or savings.

Back
Top Bottom