Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by KiiidThrash

does anyone know a free program to use my Touch Pro 2 as a modem for my laptop..?
a NTer told me before but i forgot.
any help NT???

Internet Sharing and Modem Link.
I thought it was stock on WM6.5 phones?
But what service do you use?

EVO4G....You will be mines.

pimp.gif

damn all these new phones on other carriers. so i guess the nexus one is the only thing for tmo right now with those kinda specs?

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

damn all these new phones on other carriers. so i guess the nexus one is the only thing for tmo right now with those kinda specs?

yep, its da HNIC in da t-mobile world.

im embarassin cats around me tryin to stunt w/ blackberries and Jail broken iphones on t-mobile...its good to stick it to em after they was frontin on da 2009 sidekick LX
pimp.gif

Do you know how much tmobile will charge me to cancel my service if i just extended my contract for 2 years and got the HD2 for $200?????
If its after 30 days that you upgrade then youd pay the full amount of cancelling the contract which is $200.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by KiiidThrash

does anyone know a free program to use my Touch Pro 2 as a modem for my laptop..?
a NTer told me before but i forgot.
any help NT???

Internet Sharing and Modem Link.
I thought it was stock on WM6.5 phones?
But what service do you use?

pdanet

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

[h2]Android 2.1 + Sense UI On Touch Pro2[/h2]
April 30th, 2010 | Author: Wen(WM)

With the growing popularity of Android OS in the mobile smartphone world, Window Mobile developers have kicked it into over drive, and have been working ever so hard to getting the latest software on our device. In the latest release by XDAndroid, they managed to get the latest Android software(Android 2.2 has yet to be released) running on the Touch Pro2, with the software we all love to see and use… Sense UI.

Now they did not only add new software, but they put some new fixes into it. This release comes with a host of new fixes that can be easily seen from their well documented change log:
  • NEW Apr 23 New 2 new builds added to the download section. First we have a 2.1 Android Open Source Project build. This is built by phh using stinedb’s new kitchen. Second we have 2.1 with SENSE UI! Thanks to Klinux for his work on this sqsh!
  • NEW Apr 23 New zimage adds 17MB RAM for Android OS use.
  • NEW Apr 23 New Startup Utility updates: WinMo auto backlight off/on thanks to bedoig Thread Here
  • 3/31 Startup Utility Updates: Force CDMA checkbox enables the use of MrPippys combined CDMA & GSM Rootfs! (For .rar CDMA users add "htc_hw.force_cdma=1" to your startup.txt!)
  • 3/31 Thanks to MrPippy’s work the CDMA and GSM rootfs have now been combined!!
  • 3/31 System.sqsh from babijoee! Adds Gallery, Calculator, and Desktop Clock. Updates to some apps as well!
  • 3/25 Zimage/modules: This re-enables the so called "turbo mode". Some benchmarking figures indicate better memory performance. (topa/rhod: Drive AXI bus @160Mhz when A11 is @528Mhz)
  • 3/25 Additions to the Startup Utility! Progress bar & Rootfs.img Auto-Update should also have fixed some compatibility issues, and crashes during the update!
  • 3/17 Additions to the Startup Utility! Auto Update & App Manager! (Pieteckhart is going crazy with this one!)
  • 3/17 zImage/Modules: Re-enable speakerphone by adding "external.rhod_speaker=1" to startup.txt (ONLY SPEAKERPHONE, no external audio, Mic also will not work.)
  • 3/08 3D Finally working(%$*) Will not show Nexus boot screen, or some other 3D apps that require LOTS of RAM. (Remove cmdline "hw3d.force=1" from your startup.txt to go back to the old settings and get your splash screen back)
  • 3/08 System.sqsh from babijoee, includes Home++ (you can still select standard Android Home as default)
  • 3/08 Startup Utility! (Thanks pieteckhart and DaveShaw, woulda never gotten done otherwise) No more multiple downloads, keyboard selection tool will load before Android Haret.
  • 3/01 WiFi WORKING! (Except WEP)
You can download this port from XDA.

pimp.gif
 using this on my Touch Pro 2 right now

Does the Android app market have an option where I can buy apps and be charged to a separate credit card or gift card instead of charging everything to my phone bill?

That's the only thing I loved about buyin apps on iTunes for my iPod Touch.

That I can buy the apps through a gift card, a Coinstar machine, or on a seperate credit card.

When things go straight to my phone bill I tend to get trigger happy....

ohwell.gif

[h4]Official Twitter for Android app goes live, will go open source[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Apr 30th 2010 6:17PM

Breaking News

Twitter had committed to rolling its own client for Android not long ago -- and like clockwork, here it is. Looks like the OS integration goes pretty deep, too, with support for Éclair's Quick Contact bar and tweeting straight from the Gallery app; you've also got a timeline widget for your home screen, and you can even see your friends' latest tweets from your contact list and the Google Talk app. It sounds like Twitter worked pretty closely with Google to make this happen, contributing the code to Android's trunk for open sourcing in the near future -- and developers will even have access to a set of standard Twitter APIs for their own applications. The only downside appears to be that you need Android 2.1 to use it, but that's just an excuse to run out and upgrade to a sweet new phone, right?

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

[table][tr][td]
post_label_source.gif
Twitter
[/td][/tr][/table]

post_icon_comment_tail.gif

Leave A Comment

Facebook

Digg

Google Buzz

Twitter

http://

[h4]HTC Incredible suffering random reboots for Tar Heel fans and Duke devotees?[/h4]
By Tim Stevens posted May 1st 2010 6:29PM

Well now this is a bit of an odd story, but we've seen enough reports to think that it is fully legit. HTC Incredible owners in and around the great state of North Carolina, particularly those in north-central portion (the Triad) are reporting that their phones are rebooting all on their own with alarming regularity. Many have tried new phones, combinations of wireless settings, and other remediations only to find the problem still occurring just as frequently as before. Verizon Wireless is said to be aware of the issue and there has been talk that tower-switching in areas of low signal is to blame, but at this point it certainly sounds like anyone's guess. Have you been affected? Drop us a note in comments -- but try to keep the intra-college banter clean, yeah?

[Thanks, Ben]

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Does the Android app market have an option where I can buy apps and be charged to a separate credit card or gift card instead of charging everything to my phone bill?

That I can buy the apps through a gift card, a Coinstar machine, or on a seperate credit card.

ohwell.gif
I know tmobile gives you the option to put it on your bill or pay for it through google checkout with a credit card. (or gift card if its reloadable with a credit card logo)

Android App Storage On SD Cards On The Way

Since the HTC Dream (G1) burst on to the scenes proudly wavingthe Android banner there has been a common utterance under the breath of everyAndroid device user: ‘Why can’t I save any of this to my SD card?’ If youdownload any apps off the Android Market it saves right to your systemspartitioned memory for storage, limiting not only the amount of space you havesignificantly (my G1 has 8.72MB available, which is immensely puny incomparison to the storage capacity of almost any SD chip you can nab off theshelves or through our lovely little shop).

Well, help is on the way. Official Google code issue 1151, apetition to have the phone’s SD card unlocked for app storage, has not onlybeen addressed but the status is listed as closed. A mere hour and ten minutesbefore this posting an official google representative left this comment:

Code:
“Apologies, but I'm not permitted to disclose scheduling information - suffice to say
Code:
it's coming soon
Code:

Code:
Sorry for being vague, and thank you for your continued patience - I sincerely
Code:
appreciate it.
Code:

Code:
Happy friday

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

ohwell.gif
I know tmobile gives you the option to put it on your bill or pay for it through google checkout with a credit card. (or gift card if its reloadable with a credit card logo)
I'm gonna be stuck on Sprint tho....I want the EVO4G.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom