OFFICIAL Hypebeasts Thread

I guess anyone without money is a hype beast? If someone cops some balenciaga, Lou boutin, Versace, Louis vuitton & so on is hype beast, is that my understanding?

Basically or if u have yeezys ... honestly u dnt have to do anything and someone will call u a HB i dont get it. You like retro+ cway someone will say HB.

the fact that none of these people ever did that (buy designer garments) , or even show interest until kanye or asap did it...

that makes them hypebeasts...

...It's a mindset, not an outfit.

Sometimes, it's very obvious from how somebody dresses, but often it isn't. Most of the pics in this thread are not of what I would call HBs.

I see what you dudes are saying I just purchase what I like and keep it moving. I see some supreme **** I like I cop same goes for any brands never fell into that hype beast **** just like copiping dope gear and shoes them tight skinny jeans and kilts that some homo **** that's beyond hype beast IMO.

hypebeasting: copping gear without knowing why youre buying, besides for the fact that you saw a celebrity wearing it. outfits are unoriginal and can usually be found on a picture of their favorite celebrity from the day before. hypebeasts also have more money than brains, and can afford to buyout a designer store, even if they cant pronounce the name of the brand. 

^So basically at one point every kid was a hypebeast?

Nah. Kids will be kids. A lot of people experiment when they are young. Most well-adjusted folks do that to find out what they really like and as they develop a core identity, persona, and value system, they generally express that through most outward means - the way they dress being one of them. Being an HB is basically just about being a mindless, consumer who will latch onto whatever is fetish-ized at any given moment. The older you are when displaying this behavior, the worse it is. Of course people will adapt and integrate new things into their styles as they grow, but if they have a core identity, those additions aren't haphazard and they too stick. If you're an adult and you look back at pictures of yourself 2 years ago and think you look ridiculous, or wore clothes so "in the moment" that you are clearly "out of style" today, then you might be a beast. Also, if you were saying something is wack a few years ago - especially if that something was pretty neutral/classic - and then all of a sudden you are on them when they reintegrate into popular/celeb fashion, they you might be a beast.

Nah. Kids will be kids. A lot of people experiment when they are young. Most well-adjusted folks do that to find out what they really like and as they develop a core identity, persona, and value system, they generally express that through most outward means - the way they dress being one of them. Being an HB is basically just about being a mindless, consumer who will latch onto whatever is fetish-ized at any given moment. The older you are when displaying this behavior, the worse it is. Of course people will adapt and integrate new things into their styles as they grow, but if they have a core identity, those additions aren't haphazard and they too stick. If you're an adult and you look back at pictures of yourself 2 years ago and think you look ridiculous, or wore clothes so "in the moment" that you are clearly "out of style" today, then you might be a beast. Also, if you were saying something is wack a few years ago - especially if that something was pretty neutral/classic - and then all of a sudden you are on them when they reintegrate into popular/celeb fashion, they you might be a beast.
My mom aint had no time to let me experiment 
laugh.gif
 These kids are spoiled brats.

I'm a est.1980 baby so shoes/clothes came in Sept. for BTS, December 25th and my bday. I grew up with no social networking and A/S/L as the highlight of the internets, but even then, the argument for being a different age doesn't apply because there are kids today whose parents laugh at their kids when asked for $250+ for a pair of jeans.

Me, moms and my sister would watch Martin religiously and she held firm with "you're not Martin" 
laugh.gif

I can say, with a straight face, that I've never jumped into fads when it came to fashion. I guess you can say I was a HB cause I bought a cybertek suit but it was functional for everyday wear.

I'm just a T-shirt/jeans/shorts with sneakers type of kid/man

the lavish guy is fake. He goes to a local Highschool in the Bay Area and it's just a giant troll job. Alot of his pics are fake. The actual place is his uncles in SF. He is somewhat rich, just not rich as he makes himself to be. Someone did a deep investigation on him in this shoe group called "Bay Area Sneakerheads"
BAY AREA SNEAKER HEAD ON FACEBOOK = HYPEBEAST HEADQUARTERS! LMFAO!
this. all it is is dudes selling their recent releases to get next week's release or selling bikes, consoles, and vape pens 
laugh.gif

the lavish guy is fake. He goes to a local Highschool in the Bay Area and it's just a giant troll job. Alot of his pics are fake. The actual place is his uncles in SF. He is somewhat rich, just not rich as he makes himself to be. Someone did a deep investigation on him in this shoe group called "Bay Area Sneakerheads"
BAY AREA SNEAKER HEAD ON FACEBOOK = HYPEBEAST HEADQUARTERS! LMFAO!
this. all it is is dudes selling their recent releases to get next week's release or selling bikes, consoles, and vape pens 
laugh.gif

My mom aint had no time to let me experiment 
laugh.gif

These kids are spoiled brats.

I'm a est.1980 baby so shoes/clothes came in Sept. for BTS, December 25th and my bday. I grew up with no social networking and A/S/L as the highlight of the internets, but even then, the argument for being a different age doesn't apply because there are kids today whose parents laugh at their kids when asked for $250+ for a pair of jeans.

Me, moms and my sister would watch Martin religiously and she held firm with "you're not Martin" 
laugh.gif

I can say, with a straight face, that I've never jumped into fads when it came to fashion. I guess you can say I was a HB cause I bought a cybertek suit but it was functional for everyday wear.

I'm just a T-shirt/jeans/shorts with sneakers type of kid/man

No, I feel you. And, trust me, we are around the same age. The first pair of kicks I bought with my own money were Air Flight 90s. I'm just saying that as a kid, I wanted Batman shirts, then Bartman shirts, then Cross Colours, then Hypercolor, then Boss jeans, then t-shirts with Taz in a backwards hat and b-boy pose. ...Not saying I got everything I wanted though, just stating the mindset. I bought Guns N Roses albums and NWA albums. I didn't know what I was, or wanted to be.

...You find yourself at some point. I'm basically a jeans and tee dude myself. I have a fanatical relationship with 2 brands - Nike and Polo. I wear a fair amount of jerseys too because sports are a huge part of my life. But, to me, it's been like that since before half of NT was born. When I decide to 'get fly" then I'm pulling out vintage Polo and Hilfiger pieces. My experimentation phase ended when I fell in love with Lo. And, unlike the crap that goes on today, there's still a vibrant culture around that stuff, and it continues to be a MAJOR influence in tons of today's trends. I'm not saying the path I chose was the only legitimate one, I'm just saying I found a style that was "ME" and that meant something to me, and ran with it. I think that's what most well-adjusted people do.

Last edited:
No, I feel you. And, trust me, we are around the same age. The first pair of kicks I bought with my own money were Air Flight 90s. I'm just saying that as a kid, I wanted Batman shirts, then Bartman shirts, then Cross Colours, then Hypercolor, then Boss jeans, then t-shirts with Taz in a backwards hat and b-boy pose. ...Not saying I got everything I wanted though, just stating the mindset. I bought Guns N Roses albums and NWA albums. I didn't know what I was, or wanted to be.

...You find yourself at some point. I'm basically a jeans and tee dude myself. I have a fanatical relationship with 2 brands - Nike and Polo. I wear a fair amount of jerseys too because sports are a huge part of my life. But, to me, it's been like that since before half of NT was born. When I decide to 'get fly" then I'm pulling out vintage Polo and Hilfiger pieces. My experimentation phase ended when I fell in love with Lo. And, unlike the crap that goes on today, there's still a vibrant culture around that stuff, and it continues to be a MAJOR influence in tons of today's trends. I'm not saying the path I chose was the only legitimate one, I'm just saying I found a style that was "ME" and that meant something to me, and ran with it. I think that's what most well-adjusted people do.
I totally agree with you. I just feel todays society is full of HBs. From grown men to the little youngins. 

I'm not small, by any means, and in Los Angeles we had grown *** men who couldn't fit in skinny jeans, wearing skinny jeans. I feel no one is original any more. There was a day in time..say 1998-2000 where Old Navy Half zips were all the rage and would suffice as attire. Now? You got kids/grown men, who still live with moms buying YSL and balenciagas and APC jeans.

These younger kids need their fathers to beat the feminine garb out their kids wardrobe.

You guys made me hate supreme lol damn I just use to go in and cop something not because of popularity more in the likes of me feeling something that was on the rack, now that I see these pictures it make me not want to ever go back to that store without having some visual affect on what I saw on NT. Going on eBay and selling all my supreme gear as I type this.

You guys made me hate supreme lol damn I just use to go in and cop something not because of popularity more in the likes of me feeling something that was on the rack, now that I see these pictures it make me not want to ever go back to that store without having some visual affect on what I saw on NT. Going on eBay and selling all my supreme gear as I type this.

The eternal paradox though --

isn't that really just the same thing the people blindly buying are doing, but in reverse? You are letting other people's opinions color your own to the point that you are doing some out of character action... that's exactly what the beasts do.

Just do you...

isn't that really just the same thing the people blindly buying are doing, but in reverse? You are letting other people's opinions color your own to the point that you are doing some out of character action... that's exactly what the beasts do.

Just do you...

Exactly. That's what I've always said.

These cats who try so hard to avoid any and everything popular / trendy / hype beastly are only doing the same exact thing.

What if you like a new trend? You just gonna not do it cuz it's popular with others too?

Just follow the trends you like, cop pieces from the brands you like, and don't mess with what ya don't like. I have ignored countless trends, you wouldn't catch me dead in Pyrex, most of Supreme's stuff (I've only like one or two of their shirts or hats over the years), or many of today's trends, just like I never messed with South Pole, Avirex, Fubu (just never saw any single pieces from those brands I liked), and all kinds of hot garbage from back in the day. I'm also not gonna not rock yeezys, a shoe I actually really like, or waxed denim and jogger pants, just because people associate them with beasts. Find your own lane, your own tastes, and go from there, don't let others dictate what you're into.

To me, the true definition of a hype beast is someone who just jumps on any and everything deemed cool. Doesn't have the taste enough to make up their own minds and pick out stuff they do or don't like. And cats who try to avoid every trend (even if they like it, which is the problem, they don't know what they like, they base what they buy on what others are doing) are just doing the same thing (they also think that makes them cool).

Last edited:
I also think it's dope to pull out something that's not trendy anymore. not to be different, but just to make a statement that you didn't just hop on it cuz it was cool at the time, but cuz it was something you actually liked, and will wear regardless if it's in or out.

Like all over print hoodies from a few years ago. I hated almost all of them except the LRG baby tree joints. I will bring that joint out this next winter, regardless if cats think it's old and played out or not. :lol:

Just do you...

BINGO. Boys so worried about separating them selves from the "hypebeasts" that they put themselves in a group that's worse

Back
Top Bottom