Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Originally Posted by kicksaholic86

Originally Posted by mikejs210

When I go to XMBC and try to install the zip file, nothing is there.  I put the folder in the correct directory I'm pretty sure with CyberDuck.  I'm bout to give up on this 
frown.gif

Same here
mad.gif
You guys are probably not scrolling down to the second page which I said in the tutorial that it will be hard to see but you have to click and drag the blue side scrollbar in the black box where the folders are at downward to see your file which will be all the way at the bottom.
I did scroll down and found the folder called "repository.googlecode.anarchintosh"but there is nothing in that folder through XMBC.  The scroll bar is kind of invisible and the folder is towards the bottom.  The only thing I can do is select cancel or go back to the other folders.  When I open up the folder on my desktop it has two items in there called "add-on" and "icon" but neither of these items are in the folder through XMBC as I stated.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I'm on a Mac btw.  

When I go to XMBC and try to install the zip file, nothing is there.  I put the folder in the correct directory I'm pretty sure with CyberDuck.  I'm bout to give up on this 
frown.gif

Same here
mad.gif
You guys are probably not scrolling down to the second page which I said in the tutorial that it will be hard to see but you have to click and drag the blue side scrollbar in the black box where the folders are at downward to see your file which will be all the way at the bottom.
I did scroll down and found the folder called "repository.googlecode.anarchintosh"but there is nothing in that folder through XMBC.  The scroll bar is kind of invisible and the folder is towards the bottom.  The only thing I can do is select cancel or go back to the other folders.  When I open up the folder on my desktop it has two items in there called "add-on" and "icon" but neither of these items are in the folder through XMBC as I stated.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I'm on a Mac btw.  

Good looking out KickHead. This add on is a must have for iPad users. Especially those with the 16 gig models.

Good looking out KickHead. This add on is a must have for iPad users. Especially those with the 16 gig models.

Same here
mad.gif
I know the issue. When youre using Cyberduck and you connect to your ipad, it automatically goes to root/private. theres a media folder there. Thats probably where you put it. Thats the WRONG one. You have to get out of the private, and theres going to be a much longer list. Youll see a folder that says "mobile". hit that, then youll see the correct media folder you should be putting the zip in.

Same here
mad.gif
I know the issue. When youre using Cyberduck and you connect to your ipad, it automatically goes to root/private. theres a media folder there. Thats probably where you put it. Thats the WRONG one. You have to get out of the private, and theres going to be a much longer list. Youll see a folder that says "mobile". hit that, then youll see the correct media folder you should be putting the zip in.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Okay, when I first connect to Cyberduck, I'm in /private/var/root then I back up to /private/var then go to the mobile folder.  I see the media folder and put the zip file in there.  Then I go to XBMC, click on System, click on Add-Ons, click on Install from zip file, click on Home Folder, click on Media folder, scroll down and see the repository.googlecode.anarchintosh folder, click on it and nothing is in there.  
Am I still putting the zip file in the wrong place in Cyberduck?

Okay, when I first connect to Cyberduck, I'm in /private/var/root then I back up to /private/var then go to the mobile folder.  I see the media folder and put the zip file in there.  Then I go to XBMC, click on System, click on Add-Ons, click on Install from zip file, click on Home Folder, click on Media folder, scroll down and see the repository.googlecode.anarchintosh folder, click on it and nothing is in there.  

the repository file is not a folder, its a zip file. the zip should be in there without a folder, that way you can download it through XBMC

the repository file is not a folder, its a zip file. the zip should be in there without a folder, that way you can download it through XBMC

Hmm, that may be my problem then.  If I'm on a Mac, will that download that KickHead posted not work for me?  It downloads as a folder called repository with 2 files in it, one called add on and one called icon.  It doesn't download as a zip file 
frown.gif

Hmm, that may be my problem then.  If I'm on a Mac, will that download that KickHead posted not work for me?  It downloads as a folder called repository with 2 files in it, one called add on and one called icon.  It doesn't download as a zip file 
frown.gif

Hmm, that may be my problem then.  If I'm on a Mac, will that download that KickHead posted not work for me?  It downloads as a folder called repository with 2 files in it, one called add on and one called icon.  
i downloaded it and it was a zip file just fine. you might have made the mistake of unzipping it (or maybe you have a program do that automatically) and it mighta resulted in those two folders. download it again, see if its zipped that time, and use that.

Hmm, that may be my problem then.  If I'm on a Mac, will that download that KickHead posted not work for me?  It downloads as a folder called repository with 2 files in it, one called add on and one called icon.  
i downloaded it and it was a zip file just fine. you might have made the mistake of unzipping it (or maybe you have a program do that automatically) and it mighta resulted in those two folders. download it again, see if its zipped that time, and use that.

it seems as though my computer is automatically unzipping the file and that's where my problem is at.

Im on osx and that doesnt happen with me, check the preferences of the unzip program youre using and that should take care of it.

it seems as though my computer is automatically unzipping the file and that's where my problem is at.

Im on osx and that doesnt happen with me, check the preferences of the unzip program youre using and that should take care of it.

I was able to recompress the files into a zip folder but when I try to install it in xmbc, it just says installation failed 
frown.gif

I'm obviously doing something wrong somewhere.  

I was able to recompress the files into a zip folder but when I try to install it in xmbc, it just says installation failed 
frown.gif

I'm obviously doing something wrong somewhere.  

Ok your only problem is that you messed with the folder in the first place. Delete it, redownload from link in thread and dont even get close to it until you drag it from the downloads folder into the media folder in cyberduck.

Back
Top Bottom