OFFICIAL JEWELRY THREAD - 56k

"95+ cool points to whoever posts that swizz beatz LRG ad."

word. talk about baseball diamonds. he was pretty jig in that ad too.
DETROIT DETROIT, HOME OF THE LORDZ...

***cough cough*** to that WEED WATCH, are you serious? hope you're playing......
Louie_Kix = Yahoo Mess. & Yahoo, Nyjo15atl = AIM,
*** NikeTalk Member Since '00 ***

K Town,
You got a number for ya boy? for the jeweler out in L.A.? What's his name? good lookin.....it seems like everyone is in skool right now...lol...... gemesis & moissanite seems like the wave of the future, but I know there's tons of quote on quote ballers' who already rock them but front like they're wearing actual diamonds.........not to offend to anyone who wears REAL DIAMONDS, i own a few pieces but nuttin major!
Louie_Kix = Yahoo Mess. & Yahoo, Nyjo15atl = AIM,
*** NikeTalk Member Since '00 ***

I'm getting more and more interested in the yellow man-made diamonds. If i could come across some of those, then I'm definately getting a yellow gold chain and some type of pendant made. Later on tonight, I might do some more research. I need to go talk to my jeweler. I send family members there all the time, but I haven't been by in months.

just in case there are any misinterpretations out there, let me make this perfectly clear..........

Despite my previous statements, I am not condoning or applauding DeBeers or other parties w/huge vested interests that have been trying to manipulate the diamond market & the public's perceptions of the rocks. What they've been doing certainly isn't moral or ethical, esp the underhanded things they've been doing to competitors & diamond miners, etc, but it is what it is. I won't comment on the disgressions of their operations cuz that's a whole other can of worms. I will add more of my $.02 on the diamond market & portrayal of ice as being valuable though.

Quote:
.i dunno bout you but i ain't payin rape price for a false perception of aura a diamond has...thats why people like DeBeers are in business..cuz they captialize on people's ignorance and naiveness...

Quote:
and DeBeers has spent billions on marketing diamonds so it's gonna take longer for people to wake up

yes, DeBeers has cornered the diamond market/trade for years and continues to do so....through the manipulation+destruction of competitors and by way of marketing---yes, "brainwashing" of the public.

however, diamonds and other precious jewels+metals have been portrayed as valuable+rare items ever since their discovery. DeBeers is just the latest+greatest perpetrator in the game. Look at all the depictions in Egyptian tombs, etc. The pharoahs, kings, queens, and all the other peeps at the top of the totem poles are laced w/gold+rocks. I could go on w/other examples, but I think you get what I'm saying.

For better or worse, the perception of diamonds+precious metals being rare+valuable are already ingrained into society and peoples' minds. No matter what comes along or how hard people try to change that, it's just not going to happen.....not even in another thousand or two thousand years. Again, it's just not DeBeers that is to blame or is keeping the image+aura of diamonds+precious metals alive.........you're talking about history and pereceptions passed down thousands of years.....even longer than that (peep the bible)

Whether it's right or wrong, diamonds are here to stay.

btw, I'm not trying to dis anyone on here or others that like/rock Moissanites. I'm just offering up the way I personally see things.........

If you're getting/rocking Moissanites+other substitute jewelry as part of an image to further your/someone else's business or career (like rappers+entertainers), then, cool.........it's just a mean$ to an end and serving a purpose while saving you $$$$$. that's just smart business.

BUT, if you're just picking up Moissanites+substitute jewelry to look fly or show out, well........as I mentioned before, I personally believe that it's better to do things as well as you can or not do them (or get them) at all.

Quote:
it's just not DeBeers that is to blame or is keeping the image+aura of diamonds+precious metals alive

umm...it IS there fault...its called they keep a tight leash on supply..so they create a false perception of rarity....thats why its called a cartel..
team platano

Quote:
umm...it IS there fault...its called they keep a tight leash on supply..so they create a false perception of rarity....thats why its called a cartel..

you're kinda losing the point of what I'm saying......i know i made a mess of my reply (about to have dinner and my writing has gone sloppy lately0

all i can say now is, again.........

Quote:
DeBeers is just the latest+greatest perpetrator in the game.

besides DeBeers restricting supply+creating a false sense of rarity and other marketing ploys to enhance the aura of diamonds........

i'm willing to bet that many people that buy diamonds don't even pay attention to advertising or at the very least.....aren't even aware of the 'rarity' aspect of the stones. A lot of people, including women, who wear+purchase most diamonds (no, it's not men that are the most frequent buyers) buy them because they're pretty and are a symbol of being "the best of the best". Sure, perception of the the latter might have trickled down to them from an image expressed in a movie or ad, but one of my points is this........

If DeBeers or any other company just ceased from marketing diamonds as hard as they do, diamonds would still be on peoples' minds, and they would still continue to be sought after AND hold their value better than Moissanites or any other substiture.

As far as the restriction of supply, sure, if diamonds flooded the market, they'd lose some of their appeal, but what product wouldn't experience a dip in value w/a extreme prevalence of them??

As inaccurate as the rarity of diamonds might be, they'll never be truly "common".....even if the truth about their false sense of being rare was revealed to the masses. You can't just head to your local park or even take a road trip out to some quarry a couple thousand miles away and dig up a few diamonds. Diamonds are only found in a few parts of the world, so they are still indeed rare.

if you wanna take it further, as good as Moissanites might be, i doubt you'll see the maker(s) ever flooding the market w/them either. They'll restrict supply and create a similar sense of demand too. That's just business.

while you fellas are buying chains, im buying shares of CTHR :b
tongue.gif

[center
For sale:
Rainbow Dunks Lo & Hi-FSR
Kashima Air Max pack-95s, 97s, 360s-Retail
Camo Dunks $70, World Cup Court Force $99
Ryanfusaro@gmail.com
ebay-tan_j - 118+ feedbacks​

thanks for the info too ninja hood, waiting for that gemesis IPO
[center
For sale:
Rainbow Dunks Lo & Hi-FSR
Kashima Air Max pack-95s, 97s, 360s-Retail
Camo Dunks $70, World Cup Court Force $99
Ryanfusaro@gmail.com
ebay-tan_j - 118+ feedbacks​

Ben. I want what you aforementioned. A bunch of little diamonds in a princess cut/invisible set stud. I'm not into the huge earrings so 1ctw would do me just fine. I dont need no yayo or daddy yankee jump offs.

BTW... one of my kids is in need of some guidance to pursue a career as a A&R. When you get the chance hit me up with some info.
[/center]

^ lol. Everyone wants favors from ben, yet do not understand they only are granted when something is given in return.

Ben you gotta make one of them e-books and sell them on ebay, post that pic of you and dre and you will have it made!

^as for investing in CTHR, wait till april. I got some juicy info bout' this. Can't give details but after they announce a lil' something....you get the idea. Plus, theyre at peak as of now wait for another dip.

Ben you really gotta get at your kid bout DYRT

Peace

EDIT*

also, from what I hear, i forgot which, but either apollo or gemisis is staying private.

i was talkin to some cat in strauss today about yellow diamonds and he was amazed and shocked that he could've gotten man made yellow diamonds for way cheaper then da natural ones and >D
grin.gif

team platano

i'm bout to change the game so hard on cats.
I just talked to my jeweler today, we had a meeting
with our PR firm and I'm gonna start up a website
and market his ice to the next level.

I'll take pics of all his custom pieces.
any ballers you know got cheese, holla at me.
I don't know if we'll be messin with mossanites, but
I'm sure we'll work any budget from $1,000 to $1,000,000
it can be done, it can be made.

be on the look out.
DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
Dyrt clothing coming soon worldwide!
www.solerebelfoundation.com

^^^cool, once you + your boy's biz takes off, i can put you in one of my celeb dirt threads. lol

seriously, none of my peeps are into rocking big pieces, but if your dude does quality 'regular folk" style joints, esp for the ladies, i'll try and send some work your way........just lemme know when your operation is up and running.

Man, I just want to get a 18k white gold chain.

The Real Drrty Drrty
Member# 00-Hustla
Reppin Ft. lauderdale-954!!​
Sell me your DS Jordan XII bred or Flints, or Flight Huaraches in sz 12

:rofl:
roll.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
@ the asian guy but :wow:
eek.gif
@ his diamonds... that is paul wall's jeweler? or am i stupid and that's jacob the jeweler?
on an another note... I'm way too fresh to be stale.

Philippines
Member No.101[/center]

Hey Ktown, Im from LA, Where can i get a good deal on a Rolex and a Chain??? Wheres your guy located at? Let me know, thanks.

rj2zvq.jpg

i told these NT cats that these champion hoodies are something serious :lol:
laugh.gif

and as far as something i want......

rjdtn6.jpg

yellow gold, and w/t moss stones..

team platano

Back
Top Bottom