Official Jordan 1.5

there goes....knew that response was coming....lol.....anytime folks genuinely wonder why buy what you dont like, someone takes offense.....it aint that serious, its a valid question. nobody was called any names so why be defensive unless you are one of the addicted folks.

there goes....knew that response was coming....lol.....anytime folks genuinely wonder why buy what you dont like, someone takes offense.....it aint that serious, its a valid question. nobody was called any names so why be defensive unless you are one of the addicted folks.
My response was towards the general direction of sole swapping, but I guess if I'm now addressing you...what's the valid question again?

LOL

The quality is pretty much same as these 1.5

Why are you buying 1.5 if the quality sucks? Hmmm
well i havent held them in my hands yet plus if they have the same leather quality and these will be more comfortable with the jordan 2 sole why wouldnt i choose them over the DMPs? are you trying to unload some DMPs or something? trying mad hard to get people to get them instead of something better

Last edited:
Trying hard? Lol

I'm saying if you want Breds and don't wanna spend $600 on overpriced 2013 where the quality is trash on those too, if you look around I'm sure a fair deal can be found on DMPs

Trying hard? Lol

I'm saying if you want Breds and don't wanna spend $600 on overpriced 2013 where the quality is trash on those too, if you look around I'm sure a fair deal can be found on DMPs
yeah a better deal money wise for sure but these arent that bad, so is the leather quality worse than the chicago 1.5s?

yeah a better deal money wise for sure but these arent that bad, so is the leather quality worse than the chicago 1.5s?
DMP  =  lower quality (plasticky), but "real" breds

1.5s = higher quality, but poor man's breds.  

I guess it comes down to preference.  I have 2009 DMP Breds, 2013 Bred OG highs, 2015 Bred lows.  

I'm on the fence with the 1.5's.  I try to think of it as a completely different shoe, rather than a poor man's Breds.  I did pass on the moldy AJKO breds tho 
laugh.gif

DMP  =  lower quality (plasticky), but "real" breds

1.5s = higher quality, but poor man's breds.  

I guess it comes down to preference.  I have 2009 DMP Breds, 2013 Bred OG highs, 2015 Bred lows.  

I'm on the fence with the 1.5's.  I try to think of it as a completely different shoe, rather than a poor man's Breds.  I did pass on the moldy AJKO breds tho :lol:
yeah you can get the older black/red KO release for almost retail i believe and i just love the colorblocking of the jordan 1 so the 1.5 doesnt bother me that much especially since it is more comfortable than the regular 1

JUMPMAN and lack of NA ain't no biggie to someone who wants a real pair of Breds. The shoe sucks but hey it's still a bred

Damn I guess my priorities are different.. I would NEVER wear an AJ1 with a heel Jumpman and without NA. It would feel like I was wearing some fusion model.

I could probably get over the Jumpman on the heel since its pretty much standard of III-VI retros now (although there was no Jumpman when the AJ 1 was rekeased) but I HATE when the outside of tongues are changed on retros (I can't believe JB did this to those 8s that just released).

Last edited:
JUMPMAN and lack of NA ain't no biggie to someone who wants a real pair of Breds. The shoe sucks but hey it's still a bred

Damn I guess my priorities are different.. I would NEVER wear an AJ1 with a heel Jumpman and without NA. It would feel like I was wearing some fusion model.

I could probably get over the Jumpman on the heel since its pretty much standard of III-VI retros now (although there was no Jumpman when the AJ 1 was rekeased) but I HATE when the outside of tongues are changed on retros (I can't believe JB did this to those 8s that just released).

Seems a bit extreme...

[emoji]129300[/emoji]
Just a thought. Outside of Banneds 09 Shadows and Vegas' are two of the best quality 1's to date and they both have the jumpman. I'd take 09's over 13's any day of the week.

Last edited:
I understand the history of it as JB was separating itself from Nike branding at one point. A fusion is mashes of different shoes. This is definitely not the case.

Besides, had Nike not ever returned to the AJ1 line....

Well 94s and 2001s did it well. Seems unecessary to add the logo to the tongue/heel on a model that never had it anywhere. Look at the 2s-no need to add a Jumpman to the tongue there.

I'd take a jumpman dmp pair over a nike wings logo and slightly misfitting sole anyday.... though even if I didn't have a pair already I wouldn't be hard up enough to actually cop/make either one. breds and royals will be coming back around sooner than later. I'm guessing 1-2 years maximum. wait it out unless you're just that much of a fiend imo

LOL! The only pair of 1's that I have with a JM I did a NA tongue swap :rofl: I'm sorry but the JM on the tongue is horrible. I can deal with the heel JM, but the tongue JM just irks me. I'm not a fan of the mids but wouldn't consider them a poor man's Jordan or a fusion...

[emoji]129300[/emoji]
Just a thought. Outside of Banneds 09 Shadows and Vegas' are two of the best quality 1's to date and they both have the jumpman. I'd take 09's over 13's any day of the week.
QFT.  Been looking high and low for a DS pair of 09 shadows for reasonable.  Seems to have rode the coat tails of 2013 shadows in terms of resell prices.

Well 94s and 2001s did it well. Seems unecessary to add the logo to the tongue/heel on a model that never had it anywhere. Look at the 2s-no need to add a Jumpman to the tongue there.
woah, you are way off.

The jumpman logo premiered with the 3 in 88'

the wings logo was on the 1 & 2.

the jumpman on the tongue is ok with me just the one on the heel is ridiculous, JB said "where should we put another jumpman just for the heck of it? um... yeah right there why not" so stupid i understand replacing nike air with the jumpman but adding a jumpman? what if the jordan 3 had jumpmen put on the sides of them would we just take it and buy them? nah it makes them seem fufu so yeah mids and highs with the jumpman on the heel are a no go

Let's take the OG vs Jumpman 1s talk to a 1's thread, and keep the discussion here focused on the 1.5s.

If ya don't like the 1.5s, and don't wanna try a sole swap, say so and skedaddle. Please don't hijack the thread with what you DO like instead.

Smh...i am seriously confused as to how a jumpman, wings logo, or nike air matters that much....no hate at all, just really surprised at the crap folks take serious.....even more surprised folks buy pairs they have a problem with and still complain.....nike is loving this

Smh...i am seriously confused as to how a jumpman, wings logo, or nike air matters that much....no hate at all, just really surprised at the crap folks take serious.....even more surprised folks buy pairs they have a problem with and still complain.....nike is loving this

The Jumpman logo wasn't invented when AJ1s released so it doesn't make sense why it has become a significant part of the design (namely the tongue tag). It is frustrating to sneakerheads because they don't do this to Air Jordan Retro 2s, which were the 2nd and last Jordan created before the Jumpman logo was invented.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom