Official: Jordan Retro IV Oreo Thread 2/21/2015 (UPDATES ON PG 1)

^^^yep. seems like the remaster was kind of a joke. not that impressive in hand. but, good method to raise the price, good one JB.

Remastered is just a gimmick. The recent releases may just look remastered or look better in quality due to the fact that most of these releases are made with leather. And if you look in the photos they look really good in terms of quality and solidness. But when you see them in person there are still glue stains. Anyway i dont care about their leather all these leathers arent real anyway but at least minimize the errors and defects like glue stains, assymetrical cuts etc

man how are these still sitting in stores when they are sold out online everywhere

We had snow this weekend in NYC that's why I think they were sitting...I'm on Staten Island I just got the last pair of 10.5s in the mall and a size 10...Jimmy Jazz is completely sold out,champs had size 11,heard there's some Sz 12 and 13 in finish line as for everything else there's not many left.

quality on these is great.Good move by Jordan to up quality and price.Id rather pay 190+tax the weekend of than pay 200-300++ to resellers of the flimsy retros we've gotten used to the past few years any day

My girl picked up her size 6 and my 10.5 in NC considering I was in Maryland for work yesterday. Once I got back this morning I put them on and realized they were too big, called a couple places and picked up a size 10 in raleigh about an hour ago. Shoe looks great though, plenty pairs at Triangle Mall for any NC heads.

Got shipping confirmation from NDC but shows Thursday.. Just glad I got a pair coming. :nthat:

When I created account the address part was kinda weird. It asked for address then number. So I put my street then house number. So example. Normally I would put 123 jordan st but because I couldn't get past without filling the number I put jordan st 123? Is that correct?
Yeah it was a little confusing. I just put my address as normal, and luckily had unit number to put in the "number" box. In my confirmation email the address looks as it should. Won't know until it comes, I guess.

Went to HoH just to try my luck on a second pair and they had my sz 11.  When i asked the sales female if they had my sz she said we should. I take it they got a pretty good shipment..

Unlike the columbia 4s the glue smell was strong as a mofo on these
frown.gif

Forgot these even came out. Easy cop tho. Walked into the store today and picked up my size. Guess there was a lot to go around 
nthat.gif

Hope nobody struck out on these 
sick.gif

My local spot got 30 pairs in men's sizes and all sold out by 4 pm day of release. Best bet now is to continue looking for pairs in local stores and staying on top of the big guys' restocks thru twitter and actually browsing the different sites. Shouldn't be too hard. Patience is a virtue

I was really excited about this release more once I got them. I was in love with the Columbia's also and navy blue is my color so I was real pumped and love them but these better. I doubled up but might let the 11 go for right offer or trade.

Won't cop the teals in a couple weeks prob won't cop anything in march that's new release. But can't wait for the white cement and breds that are rumored to drop this year.

Remastered is just a gimmick. The recent releases may just look remastered or look better in quality due to the fact that most of these releases are made with leather. And if you look in the photos they look really good in terms of quality and solidness. But when you see them in person there are still glue stains. Anyway i dont care about their leather all these leathers arent real anyway but at least minimize the errors and defects like glue stains, assymetrical cuts etc

Last edited:
Leather wings on Oreos is doing too much

What's strange is that the men's sizes have plastic wings, but the GS sizes have leather wings.  Bizarro.

My Oreos have a good "new shoe" glue smell, but nowhere near as strong as the Columbias were...I damn near passed out from the fumes on those. :lol:

I dont like GS 4s. I actually wish the wings were plastic on GS pairs, and the same midsole as mens.

Trying to find my size for a decent price on ebay and these fools want to charge ridiculous prices since they're a "limited" size, I won't be detered.

I found one on ebay yesterday for $220+$18 shipped which i thought wasnt tooooo bad. You might be able to get to come down some with a PP invoice and ask for cheaper shipping.

Edit: nvm. Just looked back at the ad. They mustve changed the Title description or something because when I 1st saw it, it said mens 7. Now says 7y, but still with a mens photo

Last edited:

Agreed. Just have to open the box to get that strong smell of plastic and glue. I feel like the leather is not stiff enough for a shoe like that to hold well in time, looks like faux leather. It's creasing insanely fast, I strongly recommend putting ForceFlex in them, there is enough room in the toe box and it will hopefully prevent most of the crease. I put flat laces too. 

The jump man on the heel is plastic and this was the most disappointing detail to me. I mean they couldn't embroider it like on the tongue? The grey parts of the midsole are plastic toy/shiny looking to me, the black parts look solid tho including the wing. Overall I'm just pissed they raised the price I don't think it's justified. 
You sound very disappointed

Are you going to keep them ?

I had to cop from Shoe Palace yesterday, I have not received any confirmation from them...normally I'm a NDC or EB kinda guy but I was in a pinch yesterday. Wuz up with SP, are they gonna come thru? I did however get my PP confirmation.

I had to cop from Shoe Palace yesterday, I have not received any confirmation from them...normally I'm a NDC or EB kinda guy but I was in a pinch yesterday. Wuz up with SP, are they gonna come thru? I did however get my PP confirmation.

Yeah. Just wait. They dont respond on the weekends anyway. I think Monday morning, youll get an email about shipping.

You check your spam box for the order # ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom