OFFICIAL JUICING THREAD (NOT THAT TYPE OF JUICING)

Day 19. Once completed, it will tie my longest juice fast. Ive lost over 20 pounds so far. Feel real good. I'm still expecting 30 days. Soon I will start planning for my meals after the fast to ease back in to eating. Still plan to juice everyday though.

Last edited:
For anyone who may have followed along..I went 23 full days of nothing but juice fast. Started to modify after that and stared with my gym routine (jumped right back into squats, cleans, deads)....Started light, but my nutrition centered around an afternoon juice (36 ounces) Clean eating/shakes before and after this...Overall, +25 pounds lost and a lifestyle change began...Back in the weight room, get to where I want and maintain the lifestyle...implement the fast a few days a week, once month or so..

To the meat of my experience...I looovvee mexican food...Cannot eat a full dish no more. Crave fruit, apples especially. Pre-gym, ya'll can have your unsubstantiated powder...Gimme a juice centered around beets and a jalapeno and I'll have more energy than you!...Guaranteed. Let's get it!

Only when I was really really crunched for time (and this was only after finding a spot that had freshly pressed juice).

Other than that, I would juice the night before for my daily juice and juice for dinner and the juice for my next day's juice when I got home from work. It was very important to me that I not half *** it....I was prepared. The end result is worth it.

Last edited:
Is juicing recommended for those only wanting to lose weight?

I don't want to lose weight, but just fix up the cravings for processed foods.  Kind of like a quick fix to get you back on track.

I don't want to lose weight, but just fix up the cravings for processed foods.  Kind of like a quick fix to get you back on track.

Most definitely. Most of the time weight loss is not the primary reason for a juice fast. It's overall health and well being and most specifically can be used to rid yourself of bad habits and to reset your approach to a healthy lifestyle.

After my last juice fast and after this one, my taste buds completely change and I crave those things that are good for me. Like I mentioned, I crave the taste of fruit more than anything. My body fiends for vegetable juice and I can't get enough water. If you go long enough, longer than 20 or so days, I've heard you can kick that suff for good and I totally believe it. I'm a huge chip lover and since my juice fast, I do not crave the salt whatsoever. It's my latest victory, I'd say. After last juice fast, I kicked most cravings for all other sweets. I basically narrowed down my sweet tooth cravings to ice cream and a select few of other things...Pie, cake, cookies, soda...all that...Had no interest at all. My consumption of that kind of stuff went down drastically.

Last edited:
Pre-gym, ya'll can have your unsubstantiated powder...Gimme a juice centered around beets and a jalapeno and I'll have more energy than you!...Guaranteed. Let's get it!
I think it is a psychological thing with folks.

They see all of these "in shape" people taking pre-workout and creatine and assume they need it too.

Pre-workout might be the biggest scam in the supplement business.

Just eat some damn food

No because juicing is just removing fiber from the fruit so you can get the minerals and vitamins faster. Blending keeps it. Now if your talking about meal replacement you still get a lot of calories in your blend. 6 bananas a handful of nuts and a bit of peanut butter you can be at 800-900 calories easily. Now if you fill up your Blender with kale , cucumber fruit etc. They contain way less calories and it fills up stomach way more than other foods. So you'll end up being full and most likely only ate 2-300 calories.
So pretty much you can maintain weight by adding healthy fats like avocado and nuts and nut butters or you can omit them and lose weight or mix and match depending your weight goals

I think it is a psychological thing with folks.

They see all of these "in shape" people taking pre-workout and creatine and assume they need it too.

Pre-workout might be the biggest scam in the supplement business.

Just eat some damn food

I totally agree. Its all a money scam to buy products you dont need. I cringe when I hear people talk about Quest bars those things are so bad for you and are a super waste of money. You can make your own granola bars that are 80% cheaper and taste 1000% better

Man I use a $20 Oster Blender from Walmart.

That or a NutriBullet

Be careful your Oster Blender pitcher might have BPA in the lining. If it has that plastic smell to it normally is. Check the box it came in.

I cannot afford to buy all the produce that would require maintaining weight while juice fasting, but there are studies done on it and you do hear about it as they call it "juice feasting." The main idea though is the massive influx of nutrients that zips right into your system, which revitalizes your health, but still getting ll those calories is possible. By stripping produce of it's fiber, your body doesn't not spend time in the digestion process. It's amazing how much energy and time our bodies spend with the digestion process -- when your body doesn't need to waste time doing this and with the major consumption of vital nutrients, the healing process for many ailments/diseases begin. I have read about folks in such bad health and those not able to absorb those necessary nutrients that they actually gain weight on a juice fast.

There is a lot of misinformation in regards to juicing and you find a ton of naysers, but if you really do dedicate time to research, you'd be shocked about this. "If it's that successful, then everyone would be doing it. Everyone should be doing this and, but modern medicine is centered around that prescription that address the symptoms, but never the actual issue. The healing power of food is not taught to your future doctors. In fact, it's shocking that most doctors these days have no clue about proper nutrition. Again, most are here to diagnose the symptoms of an issue and are taught to treat the symptom....Read up on Max Gerson and let your studies take you where you want, but this **** ain't no joke.

Last edited:
Just copped a vitamix. About to catch up on this thread. Starting a 3 day juice only diet today too.

You need a juicer, not a blender. While beneficial, you won't get the optimal results from a blender. It's very key to the process that you JUICE the vegetables if you're trying to fast in this manner and not just blend them -- again, the fiber remains intact when blended.

Last edited:
You need a juicer, not a blender. While beneficial, you won't get the optimal results from a blender. It's very key to the process that you JUICE the vegetables if you're trying to fast in this manner and not just blend them -- again, the fiber remains intact when blended.
Thanks for the heads up, any recommendations?

Jack LeLanne is a relatively affordable option. It's a centrifugal juicer so it demolishes the veggies and has a big feeder tube. I used that starting out, but also have a Samson juicer that I use primarily now...It's a masticating juicer, so the veggies are juiced from and auger/pressing action. More time consuming, but better quality.

Last edited:
Something I add to my smoothies in the AM

Amazon.com : Amazing Grass Green SuperFood Original, 30 Servings, 8.5 Ounces : Meal Replacement Drinks : Grocery & Gourmet Food Amazon product ASIN B00112ILZM
Amazing Grass Green SuperFood offers a full spectrum of alkalizing green superfoods, antioxidant rich fruits, and support herbs united with Acai and Maca to provide a powerful dose of whole food nutrition. Green SuperFood helps you achieve your recommended 5 to 9 daily servings of fruits and vegetables and our finer grind not only provides superior taste, it increases nutrient bioavailability.

Green SuperFood is blended to perfection in a delicious tasting powder, with more organic whole leaf greens per gram than other green superfoods. Enhanced with probiotics and a digestive enzyme blend, Green SuperFood is CCOF certified organic to ensure every ingredient is of the highest quality and integrity. Nutrition your body needs with 10 delicious flavors and functions you’ll love! Amazing Grass grasses are grown at our family-run farm in Kansas and we are dedicated to the finest and raw ingredients keeping the best of what Mother Nature has perfect. In the end, making others happy makes us happy people!

I totally agree. Its all a money scam to buy products you dont need. I cringe when I hear people talk about Quest bars those things are so bad for you and are a super waste of money. You can make your own granola bars that are 80% cheaper and taste 1000% better\\
Man, if you go in the In Shape thread, 65% of the conversations are about Supplements.

When someone new comes into the thread, their first question is , "Which supplements do it NEED."

The fct that we are so dependent on supplements kills me man

just bought a juicer off amazon
should be delivered today
welcome me bruh
this the one i picked up
120613_breville_juice_fountain_1.jpg

Breville JE98XL 2-Speed Juice Fountain Juicer

this will be my first time
tryna cleanse myself
as well as diet
any tips??? :nerd:

For those that are interested in juicing but not doing a cleanse, it's totally cool to just make it a part of your diet too.

I usually alternate with a smoothie one day and a juice the other.

My go to recipe for juice:
A big cucumber
carrots
apple
ginger
beet

Get my greens (kale/spinach) in from smoothies. I have a Breville juicer.

It's also lessened my appetite. I realized after getting on juicing that I'd been stuffing myself too much and changed my eating habits. I usually eat 2 medium meals, a smoothie/juice, and a light meal now (usually granola with almond milk, sometimes add coconut flakes)

soooo
i threw spinach
kiwi
celery
oranges
lemon
cucumber
carrots
gala and granny smith apples
ginger
and watermelon into the juicer
came out great
am i doing it wrong???
was that too many fruits???

Tip: Clean your juicer within 15 mins of using it. It's much easier that waiting beyond that. And use soap, just hot water ain't gonna cut it, it will leave a film that will have it looking dusty.

Back
Top Bottom