OFFICIAL JUICING THREAD (NOT THAT TYPE OF JUICING)

Monday, it begins.

I've lost about 20 pounds over the past few months, just by eating less and working out on and off. The issue is old injuries to my shoulder, knees and a flimsy right ankle that have me walking like Favre after bounty gate the next day. I was even trying to jump in to my old football workouts to pack on that lean and burn even more, but pinched a damn nerve in my back. My body ain't having it and I'm only 31. Bottom line is I need to lose all the excess and focus on flexibility. And a good deal of detox is only gonna help even more. My longest juice fast is 19 days. Im going 30. Nothing but juice and algae (chlorella and spirulina). I'll keep y'all posted so you can help keep me in check. This one will be the real deal. I'm excited.

Last edited:
interesting topic,

i work with a lot of older guys (45-55 y.o.) and a couple of them swear by juicing. they dont do weeklong juice fasts but they do 2-3 days at a time and they said it gives them energy. might have to try this too

I juice (blend)everyday.

Tips

Invest in a decent blender

Look up farmers markets in your area if you can buy your produce cheaper there.

I remove the stems from the plants and just use the leaves because the stems tend to be really bitter.

Leave the skin on your kiwis

You can use the inside of the banana Peel to help whiten your teeth.

Juicing vs blending. Juicing will release the vitamins/minerals into the blood stream faster. It will have more vitamins/minerals per cup then blending. But on the flipside you have to juice way more fruits and veggies to make a 32oz drink. Blending doesn't remove the fiber like juicing does so it has a slower release into the blood stream. Fiber is great for digestion

When fruit is on sale buy alot of it,let it ripen on your counter or kitchen table then freeze it.

Keep it simple to start. Normally (even me) when you start juicing you go to the grocery store and buy every fruit / veggie in sight. Which is good but then you could end up with excess or waste most of it.

Start with a main veggie for the week like Kale then add a fruit(s). If you are looking to use it as a meal replacement add 3-5 bananas or just have the juice with a bowl of oatmeal.

Alternate veggies and fruits every week or every few days depending on how much you buy

Adding Chia Seeds and Flax seeds will give you the omega 3s.

Guilt free ice cream. Blend 3-4 frozen bananas, add strawberries and peaches and a little coconut milk to allow it to blend. Freeze it and enjoy.

If you want energy packed breakfast.
Brew 3 bags of chai tea using one cup of water. Let it cool down. Add 4 bananas and a cup of cooked quick oats cooled down. Some coconut milk and the tea to the blender and a bit of ice. This will have you turnt up lol

Last edited:
Halfway through Day 4.

I woke up at half past midnight with horrible knee pain. Not sure what it is and was wondering if it may be a healing reaction to an old injury, but I thought that came much later in the fast. It still hurts and I have no idea what it would be from. Also had bad heartburn that went away about an hour after taking some apple cider vinegar in water.

Other than that -- feeling great. No desire to quit/eat at all.

View media item 1929358

I don't time to go to grocery store, I start tomorrow they come in frozen.....I just pulled to let defrost at room temp for 4 hours to start tomorrow.

Have a 3 day Believer with Cashew Milk cleanse coming on Tues to bang out Wed/Thrs/Fri.

I'll do a hard workout Tues. Take Wed off. Maybe pirated on Thrs. Hard workout Fri for a final burn, then back to a normal egg/lean meat/fruit/green/nut diet.

I don't know exactly. I didn't weigh myself to start or for the first few days. Last Thursday I was 205. Today I'm 200...Probably lost around 10-12 pounds so far.

I mostly just throw everything into the juicer and drink, but when I'm craving something tasty I go with 1 sweet potato, 1 pear, 1/2 cantaloupe and a piece of ginger. Sprinkle a bit of Cinnamon and yummmm...

Halfway done with day 12. Come Monday morning it will have been two full weeks and it's really blowing by, unexpectedly. I feel great and at this point, there's really no stopping me to getting to my 30 day goal. Down to 196, so another few pounds lost since I posed a few days ago. Averaging about one pound per day though it's not as consistent as losing one pound exactly every day. It will fluctuate. Still not working out yet as I'm having a bit of a healing crisis with my foot, but that will pass soon and I'm excited to start jogging or something. My energy gets better every day. Till next time...Juices up!

2nd day of my 3 day. Hit the boxing gym today. Bit of a sluggish session but I just wanted to break a sweat.

Walked a mile each way too in this heat so needed a nap as soon as I got home.

Otherwise, we good!

Just got a juicer from my grandma can anyone recommend me some easy start up recipes for juicing 

Just got a juicer from my grandma can anyone recommend me some easy start up recipes for juicing 

Here is a crap ton:

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/recipes/

As I mentioned before, my favorite sweet juice is 1/2 cantaloupe, 1 pear, 1 sweet potato and a bit of ginger. Cinnamon sprinkled on top.

I also like things really spicy and even though I usually just throw things in my juicer, I do like having a juice where cucumber is the base and then I put in a jalapeno, a bell pepper, some onion, garlic, ginger and cilantro...Kinda tastes like salsa. :lol:

Last edited:
A boxing workout while juicing

Y'all mentally strong man, props

Well, I haven't done it, but I'd love to. There's a point where you're just in the groove and while your feeling light from true weight loss and the energy you experience, boxing is probably something to really invigorate you along the way. Like being an average heavyweight that drops down a few weight classes and dominates. :lol:

Every workout is different. Had a sharp one on Tuesday. Told my trainer I just wanted a sweat and this one might not be as sharp.

Just some pad work, double end, speed bag and a little jump rope.

Wouldn't do no sparring like this :lol:

I'll be back in tomorrow first day out of cleanse. With maybe just a few eggs whites and a green smoothie in me.

I remember when I did a Blueprint cleanse, they said getting a sweat in was a good part of the process. That and a massage.

Last edited:
Nah. I just do 3 days. I could easily do more. I feel fine during them. So I may go for a 5 day next time.

Just like to throw it in so I go raw, vegan for a few days and bring my calories down. Then I can keep them down as I transition into my regular eating habits.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom