OFFICIAL JUICING THREAD (NOT THAT TYPE OF JUICING)

Looking at lent as a nice way to try an extended juice fast. I think planning yourself for the fast and getting in the right mindset is just as important, if not more, than the fast itself.

I'll make this quick list of certain pitfalls I've experienced on my juice fast before that kept myself from succeeding for a long period on the fast.

- Eating the wrong foods before the fast. I used the last days before a fast to gorge on fast food and beer. It made the experience much harder on myself because your system is completely shocked and fiends for the junk. Coffee drinkers beware as well. Try to cut it out a week or so in advance. Headaches from no caffeine will be make you feel bogged down. The more salad, solid fruits and water consumed, the better. It make the transition MUCH smoother and by extention, much easier to handle.

- Keeping a lax schedule with friends that left room for me to say "f-it" when my friends would head to a bar or want to go out. Make strick guidelines for yourself to understand that it's only temporary and a few nights out will benefit you more than if you do go out.

- Vegetables going stale and bad. My first few short fasts I would buy tons and tons of produce and after a few days they already started to become bad. So much money wasted. My thought now is to by enough produce for only one day, the nights before. You'll hate having to go to the store every night, but that's just part of planning yourself mentally to stick the regime.

- Not allowing myself enough time to juice. With work, I would alway be in the habit of running out the door after waking up. Sometimes I would skip a few meals (juices) because I didn't give myself enough time. You will probably fail if you don't properly juice throughout the day. The morning is huge. Get a juice in and make some extra for lunch and a "snack."

There's probably more, but that was just a quick thought on it.

Last edited:
Yo watchin this dock got me tearin up and clappin and cheerin for phil.

I'm no where near that big (5'11, 199lbs) but I need to lose some weight.

Let me tell you something  I did this diet for 30 days a year ago I was at about 275-280 and dropped down to about 250. Which was awesome at the time.

Now I am at 235.

The diet helps lose weight but in all honesty it is unhealthy, you actually lose more muscle than fat doing the diet be careful . You won't have energy for anything what so ever. I'll never do juicing again.

Eat clean, workout reward yourself here and there but do it the right, cutting corners isn't always the best way to go about things.

Let me tell you something  I did this diet for 30 days a year ago I was at about 275-280 and dropped down to about 250. Which was awesome at the time.

Now I am at 235.

The diet helps lose weight but in all honesty it is unhealthy, you actually lose more muscle than fat doing the diet be careful . You won't have energy for anything what so ever. I'll never do juicing again.

Eat clean, workout reward yourself here and there but do it the right, cutting corners isn't always the best way to go about things.

^^^dont listen to this guy at all.

I'm not a fan of the idea that you should strictly juice for any prolonged period of time. Personally, juicing should supplement your diet, not dominate it.

I need to add another to the mix though. Something centered around carrots would be a good move for me.

I've never juice fasted. I do agree 30 days is too much, but if it gets you on the track to Veganism then I'm all for it. I'd say juice every morning and eat earth grown foods and you'll never regret it. Veganism is as much of a detox as juicing is.

Word it's really a lifestyle adjustment folks need to make. Doesn't need to be drastic. Juicing for breakfast and then staying true to the Earth throughout the day isn't that difficult. I haven't made that jump to veganism and may not for a while. I already cut my meat consumption to once or twice a week, but I usually have some dairy daily (mostly greek yogurt and/or goat cheese). I try to only eat dairy that comes from free-range grass fed animals. Switched to Wallaby's organic Greek yogurt. Cut out drinking milk for the most part. Usually go with Hemp Milk nowadays for smoothies or cereals.

I'm not a fan of the idea that you should strictly juice for any prolonged period of time. Personally, juicing should supplement your diet, not dominate it.

I need to add another to the mix though. Something centered around carrots would be a good move for me.
This is what I want to do. I don't need to lose any weight but I need to sneak more veggies/fruits in my diet.

How do you nutribullet coconut oil. Stuff leaves my smoothie like chalked up pieces of crayons. If I heat it then in 2 minutes it jus hardens up.

Now I am at 235.

^^^dont listen to this guy at all.
lol why because I'm stating facts?

If y'all want to lose weight the wrong way, cut corners lose muscle and then try gaining that muscle back go for it.

I'm telling y'all what happened to me.

Ill share my experience with the NUTRIBULLET

My heaviest i ever got was 223 (im 26 and 5'11'') I did insanity before i got married and didnt follow the meal plan just working out. got to 203 but gained weight when my son was born to 211.

I realized i need to get my butt in shape as my son got more active. 

I started doing the tapout XT workout (home workout similar to insanity) 1st month i didnt see any progress so I started the NUTRIBULLET.

Everyday I would drink 1 lg nutribullet for breakfast and do the tapout xt workout, for work (graveyard shift) i would drink 1 lg nutribullet and eat 1 yogurt and a cliff bar.

needless to say after finishing the 90 days of tapout XT along with the NUTRIBULLET i went from 211 to 190.

Im currently 183 and im in the best shape of my life. I honestly believe that NUTRIBULLET is what got me to the weigth i want to be at.  I also get less headaches and i just overall feel healthier because of the Nutribullet.

I have a nutribullet and a ninja blender and I honestly like the nutribullet better. The ninja blender doesn't blend as well, but it holds a lot more. The nutribullet is small but it blends the hell out of my fruits and veggies. There are no chunks of anything left over. Sometimes I'll make a big smoothie in the ninja blender, keep it in the fridge, and then pour it into the nutribullet throughout the day and blend it again lol.

Funny this topic came up ,I was just about to get me a juicer. they sure cost a lot hope it will help me with these viruses I keep getting from silly co-workers who bring their germs to work all the time. :rolleyes

And the main difference between juicing and blending it

Juicing releases sugar from fruit into your blood stream faster because it has no fiber to slow it down.
When you juice you notice they don't use the pulp/ and fibrous hard parts of the fruit.
It tends to waste alot of the other parts of the fruit

Where as blending take just about everything and blends it together releasing the sugar in the bloodstream slowly.
That's why when you eat fruit rather than juice it, your not getting a sugar rush like you would candy. Cause either the fibrous skin or inner layer slows absorption.
However in some studies it's been show the high speed and heat of the blender destroy's some of the nutrients.

So there is no clear winner, it's all about what you want. cleaning is easier on a blender though.

Blending - Smoothies, Juicing (just what it say's juicing)

Last edited:
A lot of info in here and I'm going to go back and read through later.

Question though. When you're at work do you just make your juice before you leave and put in the fridge at work for your lunch? Just wondering how long it'll last after you make it

I'm no expert but if you youtube this guy discountjuicers.com, he has some pretty good information.
It's best to drink it right after you make it cause it oxidizes and loses nutrition over time like bitting into an apple it gets brown.

I've never juice fasted. I do agree 30 days is too much, but if it gets you on the track to Veganism then I'm all for it. I'd say juice every morning and eat earth grown foods and you'll never regret it. Veganism is as much of a detox as juicing is.

Word it's really a lifestyle adjustment folks need to make. Doesn't need to be drastic. Juicing for breakfast and then staying true to the Earth throughout the day isn't that difficult. I haven't made that jump to veganism and may not for a while. I already cut my meat consumption to once or twice a week, but I usually have some dairy daily (mostly greek yogurt and/or goat cheese). I try to only eat dairy that comes from free-range grass fed animals. Switched to Wallaby's organic Greek yogurt. Cut out drinking milk for the most part. Usually go with Hemp Milk nowadays for smoothies or cereals.

Yes, Juicing is a way to help you change your way of eating and the way you think of food. Its not a diet (even though you do lose weight) its a rebooting system for your body.

Your body is being cleaned out of all the junk youve consumed and is curing your body. Im trying it for 30 days because I dont think 7 or 14 days is enough

for me. I know its working because like I said in previous post, I feel healthy, energetic and no longer craving junk food only healthy foods.

I now look at junk food like I look at drugs, it'll kill you. Before I was like, ehh I dont care if I live till 50.

For those wanting to try it out, make sure you read through this thread. It has great information by some members. I will continue to post updates. One thing I want

to say is that Ive been hitting the gym daily. I think Ive hit the gym more this week than I did in the past 2 years (thats embarrassing to say). I love it and I can now

feel and see the difference in my body. Keep posting guys, you guys are part of my motivation.

Also, is there any benefit to adding probiotics to my diet Ben hamburlgar?

Hi, Zuniga lol. Hope you see what I've tried to do here. Just trying to do what I can to take the blinders off people.

To answer your question, I guess it depends on the rest of your diet outside of juicing. Are you having digestive problems? I'm assuming you aren't vegan, so probiotics woulld be benificial for you.

I wouldn't recommend supplements, though. Try to incorporate some fermented plant foods instead of the supplement. It's cheaper, tastes better and is more effective. Cultured veggies, tempeh, kimchi, kombucha, coconut kefir, sauerkraut, all great probiotics. Not sure how'd they would taste in your juice so maybe just try incorporating them in your daily diet somehow.

Inbox me for my number if you need some help old friend. Keep that b hole tight, nomsayin?

lol why because I'm stating facts?

If y'all want to lose weight the wrong way, cut corners lose muscle and then try gaining that muscle back go for it.

I'm telling y'all what happened to me.

The facts are that you lost weight, I understand that.

But how in the world do you associate losing muscle with being unhealthy? Especially when having muscles doesn't mean you're healthy in the first place.

I was a huge gym rat at one point in my life and I ate "clean" like everyone else does who is apart of that lifestyle. Guess what? You still get sick. You still get headaches. You'll eventually still have a chance to get heart disease, cancer etc. Every bodybuilder I know, aspiring, armature and professional still get the flu. Still miss days in the gym. Still are lethargic. STILL NEED PREWORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH ENERGY. So what facts are you dropping?

Now you tell me how any of that seems normal and ill point you in the direction of truth my friend. We've been duped. We've been lied to. We've been had. That **** ain't normal.

This is very interesting :nerd:

Might have to look into this.

I know having a healthy diet will also help with the gym / productively.

me and my girl watched the doc last year together. went out and bought the same juicer he had. did it hard for nearly a week. and by hard i mean actually followed his recipes to the T. most of the juices SUCK. they taste terrible. most were hard to even drink down, had to hold our nose. BUT IT WORKED in that week. in 5 days my gf lost 5 lbs. i lost 9.

im naturally an active person. always have been. my problem comes from the kitchen however its not what u think. im a fat guy but i never have an appetite. i mostly skip breakfast. my typical first meal comes around 2 or 3pm. then i dont eat again until around 11 or so and thats it for the day. so i know that my problem is, my metabolism is at a stand still. so we tried juicing to reboot ourselves (what its actually meant for) and get started with a new healthier life. but honestly juicing was EXPENSIVE. we were shopping for fruits and veggies every other day. in the first week alone we spent over $200. each recipe takes sooo much kale and cucumber and lemon and ginger and cinnamon and apple etc etc etc. juicing is CRAZY expensive when you stick to the program how he did it.

currently ive been forcing myself to eat at least 3 meals a day. i think im going to boost my metabolism by increasing to 5 small meals a day and taking either hydroxycut or metabolife ultra. once i start seeing those results and get my metab up to speed... im gonna go back to juicing for 30 days. after the full reboot...start my new healthy lifestyle. good luck OP. and to anyone reading this thread, there IS alot of bro-science in effect.

Back
Top Bottom