OFFICIAL JUICING THREAD (NOT THAT TYPE OF JUICING)

me and my girl watched the doc last year together. went out and bought the same juicer he had. did it hard for nearly a week. and by hard i mean actually followed his recipes to the T. most of the juices SUCK. they taste terrible. most were hard to even drink down, had to hold our nose. BUT IT WORKED in that week. in 5 days my gf lost 5 lbs. i lost 9.

im naturally an active person. always have been. my problem comes from the kitchen however its not what u think. im a fat guy but i never have an appetite. i mostly skip breakfast. my typical first meal comes around 2 or 3pm. then i dont eat again until around 11 or so and thats it for the day. so i know that my problem is, my metabolism is at a stand still. so we tried juicing to reboot ourselves (what its actually meant for) and get started with a new healthier life. but honestly juicing was EXPENSIVE. we were shopping for fruits and veggies every other day. in the first week alone we spent over $200. each recipe takes sooo much kale and cucumber and lemon and ginger and cinnamon and apple etc etc etc. juicing is CRAZY expensive when you stick to the program how he did it.

currently ive been forcing myself to eat at least 3 meals a day. i think im going to boost my metabolism by increasing to 5 small meals a day and taking either hydroxycut or metabolife ultra. once i start seeing those results and get my metab up to speed... im gonna go back to juicing for 30 days. after the full reboot...start my new healthy lifestyle. good luck OP. and to anyone reading this thread, there IS alot of bro-science in effect.
Expensive? Nah bro it's not. You spend more eating out than juicing. I have a family of four and when we went out for meals the price tag for each meal was pretty high. Breakfast bill came out to no less than $40. Then lunch was almost the same price. Dinner was the most expensive meal of the day. So if went out to eat all 3 meals, we'd spend about $150 or less for all 3. Now we did not got to fancy restaurants either. We would hit up Denny's or IHOP for breakfast. Lunch would be in n out, red robin or islands. Dinner were bigger restaurants.

We didn't always eat out all 3 meals, actually we would only eat out once a day maybe twice on a rare day. My point is that juicing can be a lot cheaper than eating out and/or eating at home too. You just have to be a smart shopper. Buying everything at one store will get your bill up there.

We buy a lot of our fruits and veggies at Costco. Whatever they don't have, we purchase it at either at Ralph's, sprouts, whole foods or other stores. Just be a patient smart shopper and I promise the bill won't be high.

Lol I remember Styles P saying there is too many chickens in the world when he was promoting juicing. Just made a smoothie Kale, Celery, Cucumber, Strawberry, & Apple. It was actually pretty tasty. I blended Kale/Water/Cucumber/Celery first and tasted it & It was surprisingly good. It wasn't something I'd pick up to drink over another beverage but wayyyyyy better than I expected. I honestly could've downed it without any fruit. I added 3 decent sized strawberries and maybe a little over a quarter of the Granny Smith. Paired that smoothie up with a pancake and some apple butter. Normal breakfast would've been 2 pancakes, 2 eggs, 2 sausage links or 2 strips of bacon. I didn't measure and had to drink about 1.5 smoothies :lol: but still don't think I would've been able to drink 1 smoothie with that normal breakfast because it has me rather full.

Hows cleaning the system for you guys (bout to read this thead...watched the documentary last night.)

Picked up some bunch carrots and green kale at Whole Foods. Just blended two carrots, red grapes, scoop of wheatgrass and some hemp milk. Grabbed some hemp protein powder as well. Looking to make two shakes a day. One in the morning post workout with Greek yogurt wheatgrass an apple, flax seeds and some peanut butter and hemp milk. And one midday with kale, carrots, an avocado if they ripen, some fruit, hemp protein powder and hemp milk.

I also got some coconut oil. Need to mix that in somewhere.

The facts are that you lost weight, I understand that.

But how in the world do you associate losing muscle with being unhealthy? Especially when having muscles doesn't mean you're healthy in the first place.

I was a huge gym rat at one point in my life and I ate "clean" like everyone else does who is apart of that lifestyle. Guess what? You still get sick. You still get headaches. You'll eventually still have a chance to get heart disease, cancer etc. Every bodybuilder I know, aspiring, armature and professional still get the flu. Still miss days in the gym. Still are lethargic. STILL NEED PREWORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH ENERGY. So what facts are you dropping?

Now you tell me how any of that seems normal and ill point you in the direction of truth my friend. We've been duped. We've been lied to. We've been had. That **** ain't normal.

Wait Vegans don't get sick, headaches or cancer???
You should make an official vegan thread, id like to learn more about it and see you guys recipes and meals.

What kind of juicer do you guys use and how much did you spend on it?

I've growing and juicing my wheatgrass for 5 months now.

I got a little cheap blender I'm using right now. Might invest in a nicer juicer if I like it. You have pics of your wheatgrass? And how often do yo use it? I'm curious as to how much I'd need if I start adding it to the smoothies.

Last edited:

I got a little cheap blender I'm using right now. Might invest in a nicer juicer if I like it. You have pics of your wheatgrass? And how often do yo use it? I'm curious as to how much I'd need if I start adding it to the smoothies.

I try to juice and drink it everyday to really get the result. I grow e'm every week so I have another tray ready when done.

View media item 780808
View media item 780810
View media item 780811
View media item 780814
View media item 780815

I have the breville multi speed one. I got this one because it was on sell.

I did hear that a lot of these brevelle brand juicers cant juice wheat grass. So beware.

I try to juice and drink it everyday to really get the result. I grow e'm every week so I have another tray ready when done.

View media item 780808
View media item 780810
View media item 780811
View media item 780814
View media item 780815

that's good stuff. what juicer do you use and how many ounces of juice do you get off of one tray of your wheatgrass?

I bought the omega VRT350 juicer and its been working great for me. Juices 99% of the liquid out of the fruit/veggies and normally takes me 5-10 minutes to clean everything up. It cost me $400 but theres like a 10-15 year warranty on it.

Last edited:
for christmas i got a vitamix and have been using it regurlary since. i prefer it over regular juicing

as far as health, i like to have a balance of clean eating and juicing. ill start my day with a nice smoothie full of fruits and veggies and that really gets my day going. then ill eat accordingly through out the day. the vitamix has definitely helped me triple my fruit and veggie intake

while id never consider going on a juice cleanse or diet, mainly because i think its a waste of time, i think it all boils down to eating right and exercise. juicing does have it benefits, but so does an active lifestyle and better understanding of food. i can honestly say i have not got sick in two years because i actually take the time to look at what i eat 

Question.

When fasting , how many juices do you drink a day?

This is what I do.

As soon as I wake up, I drink a cup of hot water with lemon. This is suppose to help the digestive system.

You are suppose to drink 5 juices a day. Breakfast, Lunch, Mid day snack, Dinner and dessert.

When I began juicing, I drank 4 juices a day. After week 1 I dropped to 3 juices a day.

TO be totally honest, I can really only do 3 juices a day. I cant do the mid day snack because Im still full from lunch juice and it grosses me out. Its like over stuffing yourself.

I dont do dessert because I feel like I dont need it.

I know this is a juicing thread, but see some people with the Vitamix or blenders. Any good boards or youtube channels to follow for recipes?

KVN

Does juicing make you #2 more?
I feel like since I've started i poo more
The first couple of days # 2 came out smooth.

After the first week you dont go as much. There are times when I feel like I gotta go but nothing comes out. Im sure once you start using protein powder, chia seeds and other supplements, you will go more than usual.

Does juicing make you #2 more?
I feel like since I've started i poo more
Wanted to ask a similar question. But mine was does it make you #2 less? Yesterday morning after my juice I went wasn't sure if this was the juice or not. Not really concerned since I still eat other foods but was just curious. :lol:

Papa George, do you grow new wheatgrass every time you use them or cut & regrow? Do you think one could get by with one tray and one shot a day?

Last edited:
Just started juicing recently mainly just for breakfast. Been doing training at work and they've been taking us out to lunch a lot, but once I'm done with that I'll try to do a fast.

Typical cup:

View media item 782669
Going to try an orange and carrot combo at some point

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom