**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Kendrick is well on his way to becoming one of the goats. Do I like him over Pac, Nas, Jay? No but he could very well solidify himself in the next few years.

Crazy how much praise he's getting. He's seriously getting GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME debate already. All these radio stations/reviewers.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Kendrick has to prove that he can last as long as Nas did before we can have that discussion. Now if we wanna have an "as of now" discussion and go album for album, forgetting the fact that Nas definitely influenced Kendrick whether directly or indirectly and do an "if these albums released at the same time hypothetical" let's go...

Illmatic vs Section 80: winner Illmatic
It Was Written vs GKMC: winner GKMC (very close though)
I Am vs TPAB: winner TPAB
Nastradaumus vs DAMN: winner DAMN (easily)

In that scenario Kendrick wins.

But that's subtracting Nas's influence and longevity and forgetting that Kendrick has the advantage of building on some of the greats' works and the superior production that exists currently.

Kendrick is top 10 all time. Facts.

You can put him up to all the greats and he either holds his own or beats them

Last edited:
Yep. I'm a Nas fan and appreciate the hell outta that album, but I remember when it dropped it was a bit of a change for what people thought Nas was on style wise. It was a slight drop content wise, while GKMC was Kendrick raising the bar.

Somebody line up each track and rate them. I would do it but I'm about to drive. 4 star rating on each IWW track vs each GKMC track.

Nas had a great run and is in my top 5 but dude definitely had some duds in there in his catalogue. Same with Jay and Em. Kendrick doesn't have one yet. Just the fact that we're witnessing an all time great in this era is refreshing to say the least.

Last edited:
Nas had a great run and is in my top 5 but dude definitely had some duds in there in his catalogue. Same with Jay and Em. Kendrick doesn't have one yet. Just the fact that we're witnessing an all time great in this era is refreshing to say the least.

Duds happen with 15+ years careers

Hahahahahahaha, I love Kendrick, huge fan but to say he's top 5 just crazy and stupid. Think about all the legends in no order.

Cube
BIG
Pac
Nas
Jay
Rakim
Face
Eminem
LL
Redman
Lupe
Kool G
Common
Kane

There's mad people you gotta consider, Kendrick ain't in that top 5. Probably not even in my top 10 and I LOVE the three album streak he's on but y'all gotta relax your limbs

GKMC was 2012, been five years. Wait until 202 at least. Ten years before his major debut.

Last edited:
Yea that's my point, I won't front on his skills cause he's got it. But we gotta give all that extra **** time. Y'all comparing someone with a 5 year career to people who has been in the game 12+ years.

Last edited:
Hahahahahahaha, I love Kendrick, huge fan but to say he's top 5 just crazy and stupid. Think about all the legends in no order.

Cube
BIG
Pac
Nas
Jay
Rakim
Face
Eminem
LL
Redman
Lupe
Kool G
Common
Kane

There's mad people you gotta consider, Kendrick ain't in that top 5. Probably not even in my top 10 and I LOVE the three album streak he's on but y'all gotta relax your limbs

GKMC was 2012, been five years. Wait until 202 at least. Ten years before his major debut.
LL OVER DOT? Really?

Yea that's my point, I won't front on his skills cause he's got it. But we gotta give all that extra **** time. Y'all comparing someone with a 5 year career to people who has been in the game 12+ years.
He has already surpassed all them cats tho, he is only under a few cats in the top 5 

You know what's funny dudes were doing the same thing in the 90s when those dudes weren't even a decade in. Was it wrong then? Cause most of their best stuff was from that time period. They all fell off to an extent but still have legendary status. Same with Em when he came out.

Back
Top Bottom