**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

I'm not even gonna lie, it's hard for me to decipher some of these tracks.
I listened to the album reading the lyrics on rap genius and actually trying to understand it.

Normally I don't have to but with Kendrick I have to on 1-2 listens 
roll.gif

Lol yea I listened to the whole thing while reading rap genius...

This **** is genius...production is flames!

Like I said my only gripe is some of the chorus are hot garbage

People have been calling J. Cole audio NyQuil for years....

To Pimp A Butterfly is the most potent form of audio NyQuil currently on the market.

My two cents is the people who dismiss it because they have to think about it. Like just because you can't snap your neck to it right away and turn your mind off and go on cruise control like a Drake album doesn't mean it sucks. If the production and overall tone of it doesn't suit your taste than so be it, but don't use having to sit and think about something as the excuse for why it sucks. That's an ignorant statement. Because the lyrics on Blacker the Berry are equally as heavy as everything else on this album and people lost their mind when that came out and deciphered all the lyrics and had full blown debates and arguments about it. I get the beat is harder, but the message is the same, and Kdot goes off on plenty more songs on this album just as good if not better. This album will receive huge critical acclaim.

The album is very good in my opinion. It's unpopular in hip hop to tackle themes of depression, culture shock, irreverence in our culture and the importance of self love. But Kendrick skillfully touched upon all of them. and I LOVE HOW APOLOGETICALLY BLACK IT IS.

My favorite song right now is "Alright"

Interesting readhttp://thehippestkidsintown.tumblr.com/post/113897519856/kendrick-lamar-to-pimp-a-butterfly-explained

I really get annoyed when critics or pundits say "Well this kind of album would have been nice from Kendrick..."

if you want to hear rap talking about ******* blunts and bottles go listen to _________

I think it's wild selfish to say how you want another human being to be as if they're a sim or a pet. This album feels exactly how it should for where dude is in his life and what's happening in society. This isn't a happy time man. This isn't the time to shake your ***. Black men are being killed at an alarming rate by police, other black men, the state, white men who feel like their music is too loud...

**** is ****** up so no, i don't wanna hear any happy records.

I don't wanna hear a rapper STILL rapping about his sub. Still rapping about *******. Still rapping about how great it is to be them. Still rapping about things most people can't afford. It's old and it's misleading and downright harmful to culture and progress. Elitism and all that is so tired.

I really get annoyed when critics or pundits say "Well this kind of album would have been nice from Kendrick..."

if you want to hear rap talking about ******* blunts and bottles go listen to _________

I think it's wild selfish to say how you want another human being to be as if they're a sim or a pet. This album feels exactly how it should for where dude is in his life and what's happening in society. This isn't a happy time man. This isn't the time to shake your ***. Black men are being killed at an alarming rate by police, other black men, the state, white men who feel like their music is too loud...

**** is ****** up so no, i don't wanna hear any happy records.

I don't wanna hear a rapper STILL rapping about his sub. Still rapping about *******. Still rapping about how great it is to be them. Still rapping about things most people can't afford. It's old and it's misleading and downright harmful to culture and progress. Elitism and all that is so tired.

Repped. Beautiful post my man. :smokin

I'm not feeling the album. 

I'm black, don't like Drake, and don't like trap music for the record. 

Yo. Son.

Shun. Yo, Shun.

I listen to everybody.

I mean EVERYBODY.

I'll listen to Big Daddy Kane and then Soulja Boy. KRS-one and then Migos and then Drake and then Schoolboy Q and then Talib Kweli. Future and Odd Future. Gucci and Camron and Action Bronson.

I'll listen to anything.

But this ****.

This **** right here.

I gotta say.

Point blank.

If you didn't like this album, you have no taste.

Point blank. Yeah, I said it.

IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE THIS ALBUM, YOU HAVE NO TASTE.

Come at me. COME. AT. ME. You no taste having *** ******.

Kendrick is the GAWD. The Lord and Savior of this rap ****.

KENDRICK IS THE GAWD. THE GOAT

No stan tho

It says something when an album ends up being so polarizing

That Lupe execution right above :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Everyone is entitled to like it or dislike it. In fact he probably put an album like this on purpose to stir up this kind of discussion because that's what this album is meant to be.

What I don't get is the ignorance. Some of you guys really show your intellect by what you post. This album brought out where some people's minds are. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom