**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Everyone is entitled to like it or dislike it. In fact he probably put an album like this on purpose to stir up this kind of discussion because that's what this album is meant to be.

What I don't get is the ignorance. Some of you guys really show your intellect by what you post. This album brought out where some people's minds are.
mean.gif

I'm not even gonna lie, it's hard for me to decipher some of these tracks.
Can we discuss this instead of people complaining how they don't like it. 

You don't like it cool, move on. Let's analyze this work of art. 

What track can we start with?

I rock with the content, but not how it is musically packaged. 

This is MUSIC. I want to vibe to it, not just think about it.

And that's why people are allowed to like it or dislike it. Not everyone likes the Jazz influence or Kendricks more smoother approach. No one is forcing anyone to like it. You can hate an album but respect and appreciate it.

Last edited:

This album brought out where some people's minds are.
mean.gif
I rock with the content, but not how it is musically packaged. 

This is MUSIC. I want to vibe to it, not just think about it.
Then listen to migos 
I don't like migos music. 
drake? Soulja boy?

weeknd?
I like music that has substance and simultaneously sounds good. Mortal Man on this album is the perfect example of a song I like. Most of the other songs on the album have substance and good content, but just don't sound good. I respect the content, but the sound is missing to me. Am I allowed to have a subjective opinion? 

Some spots got it I guess 

[QUOTE url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/1450018/[/URL]"]
View media item 1450018

[emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji]RT @DRUFFINBEATS: @BestBuy @9thWonderMusic @kendricklamar pic.twitter.com/HfstzEyQQF
— 9th Wonder (@9thWonderMusic)

March 17, 2015
[/quote]

absolutely ABSURD price in 2015.. that's like vintage virgin record store prices in the mall circa 2000.

Control verse was just kendricks monster freestyle from 2010 on a higher scale. No clue why it's always brought up

probably because of all the sensitive rappers who felt they had to record a response.

the "dumb it down" reference :lol:

I listen to everything and anything I can vibe to. I don't mind the necessity of deciphering a track. I'm sure there are some people who just enjoy the instrumentals and grooves while not delving into the lyrics too much. Not everything needs to be 808s with *note repeat* hi hats either. Hopefully this will be one of several albums in his catalog *crosses fingers* and we can look back and appreciate each one differently.

I mean the album is great if you were already a fan of kendrick and his style. This definitely won't make haters become fans, nor would it make people that had a problem with his voice like him.

Good album, I really really dislike all the pitch changes this time around. I know he did it a lot in gkmc but I feel it's kind of killing the sound on TPAB

Could an artist have come out with better sounding music in the 2.75 years it took to create this? Maybe..

Last edited:
I feel like to truly appreciate all of this album you have to be black. Hopefully that makes sense and doesn't come off wrong. Talked about this with others too and they seemed to agree. 

Could definitely appreciate/really liked a lot of the album. But of course certain chunks of it aren't relatable to me and that's fine. It's a black art form and it's awesome he's taking the role of being a positive influence on black youth. 

Even though it's obviously not the entertainers job, and obviously music isn't raising kids, entertainers have a huge sway on teens and people in general. It's commendable that he uses this powerful platform to me a positive voice. That's probably what I like about him the most. 

Liked the jazz, funk instrumentals as well. 

Did anyone get a little bit of Eminem on U? 

Back
Top Bottom