Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I'm focused on getting as many XIs as I can. Especially since they starting to hit the outlets and IDs are still available. These are KBs last game shoes.

I'm sure I will get a pair or two of the XII, but KB not playing in them is just not the same. Like Jordans that MJ never played in. I just don't care as much.

Also, history has shown, retros are hit or miss, and quality never gets better.
I agree.  As someone who's old enough to have bought OG Js when they were first released...it wasn't the same after he retired.  Many people's interest dropped A LOT.  As for quality of retros...it wasn't until recently that the quality has started to touch OG quality on some of the retros.  The only two signature sneakers lines I've ever purchased were Js and Kobes.  Like you...I've been 'all in' on the 11, and will continue right through the WTK 11.  Not just because it's his last playing shoe, but because I really do think it's one of the top 2 or 3 Kobes ever released.  I think some people might regret passing on some of these at current discount prices.  Kobes aren't Js, but I think post retirement, they'll be second to Jordan as far as most collected.  The great thing about retros is that I think many of these PEs might be available via retro release.

But as for Kobe 12s, 13s....I probably won't be bothered. 

Last edited:
I think the TPU strands make it longer to break in since its weaved all up in the flyknit.
I thought the upper on the 9's were tough but those broke in easily and are a joy to play in. These 11's on the other hand feel like you'll need to beat them hard before they "soften" up. 

Anybody know if you can apply coupon codes/discounts on a phone order to an outlet story? Or anyway to get it below their listed price via phone order?

I feel confident that I won't be tempted on any EMs. Already went crazy with flyknits, 2 Mamba Day pairs plus 1 EM iD being made. Makes it easy to pass now. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom