Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Damn I was hoping the black horse was going to be the all black colorway someone posted a while back.

On a side note it's looking more and more that the GCR's are not dropping in the states. Really wanted to double up...

September is going to be tough! I really like the Black Horse, may get the curials if it goes on discount.

Bear with me fams, I'm probably reachin but I'm too high to not share this. I think I know what 4KB stands for. It stands for the four different Kobe Bryants we've seen throughout his recent career. I believe it's a play off of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, which are conquest, war, famine, and death, in respective order. These are supposedly the signs when the end is near, and for Kobe's career the end is almost here.

View media item 1946751

The first horseman is the "White Horse", which is the title of his newest shoe that people thought was called the "4KB", "Apocalypse", or the "Easter". The White Horse stands for conquest and is usually seen associated with victory, and is also seen as a hero/victor with bows, crowns, yeah all that good ****. This relates to Kobe's career because he was conquering the league with a 2-peat, accolades, scoring titles, playing amazingly despite father-time, etc.

View media item 1946753View media item 1946754

This is fitting with the design of the shoe. Which shows a very white shoe that is blended with an elegant pretty multicolor flyknit. The rear of the shoe displays gold with a bunch of emblems/insignias, ones that a hero would wear and be proud of. And the insole of the shoe contains the arrows that the horseman of the White Horse carries.

View media item 1946756

The second horseman is the Red Horse, which associates with War. The horse is a red/brown color and the horsemen is usually in armor with a sword prepared for  battle in war. When Dwight Howard's soft ***** *** came to play in Los Angeles with him, that year was a war for him (physically and mentally having to deal with critics and Dwight's ***** ***). Every game was a battlefield as he fought tooth and nail to make the playoffs. He pulled every weapon out of his arsenal, passing, scoring, defense, trash talking, and he was playing nearly full minutes every game while putting up numbers as if he was in his prime. He battled through injuries and fatigue to defeat the odds and survive for the playoff race. 

View media item 1946762View media item 1946763

This is fitting for the next Kobe XI colorway, which we all thought was the Easter. I believe it is actually the "Red Horse" colorway. We're all confused about the skull on the back? Well now it makes sense why they would do that, it could be seen as a helmet or armor for a warrior going into the battlefield. We all also thought the color scheme was very odd, but now it makes sense. The orange/bright red color is representative of war, blood, and battle, or it's also similar to a horse's fur. While the metallic black is the same color as metal armor. 

View media item 1946766

The next horseman is the Black Horse, which represents famine. We haven't seen this colorway yet, nor the next one, however there is the FTB pack coming out. Anyways, this follows along with Kobe's career because of his injury. After his Conquering and all the battles he's fought, he finally succumbed to his injuries and fatigue. The last 2-3 seasons have been plagued by his season ending injuries. Shoulder, knee, and his Achilles. This is his famine. Shortage of games he can play, shortage of time he last left to play in the league, he's starved of doing what he loves to do. He is a shell of himself and he hungers to get back on the court.

View media item 1946767View media item 1946768

Finally, the last horse is the Pale Horse. This represents death. Kobe's gone through his famine and his injuries, father time has finally claimed him. The end is near for him and his career is finally winding down. While death is seen as weak, Kobe is going out guns blazing. 26 shots a game. Just playing. But he's accepted his fate and now this is his finale, his death. And I believe this will be the last colorway of the 4KB pack. The colors associated with the Pale Horse is a light green, light yellow, white. 

View media item 1946770

I have too much time on my hands. Post was lengthy,but yall get the idea. I'm probably wrong. They probably just called it "White Horse" to signify this is the beginning of the end for him. But at least we got to see some dope *** pictures. 
So we have 3 of the 4 now. Pale horse is the only one unknown

I do not believe the green black gum bottoms are part of the horse collection the swoosh isn't sewn on nor does it portray symbols representing anything if it is RIP horse collection it would be dope as a plain general release smh

So we are getting 4 kobes in September? Damn plus black/red 1s and aj31. Im not ready for this!!

Kobe 11 Blackhorse September 17
Damn, I feel like they kinda dropped the ball on this. While this still looks good, I can't help but imagine if the black faded to grey or some other neutral color along with the gum soles. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:

Damn, I feel like they kinda dropped the ball on this. While this still looks good, I can't help but imagine if the black faded to grey or some other neutral color along with the gum soles. 
nthat.gif

Agree, black into grey and they'd have my money. Passing on all of these upcoming pairs though. 

Kobe 11 Blackhorse September 17
Last time I looked forward to a GR like these was the Beethoven 9s.  These distinguish themselves from the average, typical colorways.  Doubling up on these, and sporting with camo shirt or pants this Fall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom