OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Why is Lamar Odom making Big Baby look like a gazelle out there?

Odom has really disappointed me all through these Finals so far.

I usually support Lamar when others are ragging on him but he really disappointed yesterday.  Big Baby played really well, but Lamar can't get dominated like that.  I could see KG doing that but letting Big Baby do anything he wants is unacceptable.

I think the Lakers are the better team but my only worry is if Bynum isn't healthy. I think if he's not we lose this series. I take that all back if we can somehow, with or without Bynum get a win Sunday. I like our chances winning 1 out of 2 at home.

My thought is have the ball in Kobe's hands to start. Just run a loose triangle with more emphasis on the pick and roll between Kobe and Pau.

I think a larger problem that may be noticed but not talked about too much is that Fish is being completely taken out of games and we are not a deep team. This hurts us much more than is being talked about. Now I hate blaming the refs, and I refuse to blame them for losses but Ray Allen is getting away with pushing off on almost every play. While at the same time they are calling Fish for every ticky tack foul there is. I am not sure what Fisher did to piss the refs off but I know he has done something.

Still think the Lakers pull this out in 6

Originally Posted by Wings90

I usually support Lamar when others are ragging on him but he really disappointed yesterday.  Big Baby played really well, but Lamar can't get dominated like that.  I could see KG doing that but letting Big Baby do anything he wants is unacceptable.

And if LO can't stop him, then LO needs to go at him on offense.  There's no way Big Baby can guard LO off the dribble.  

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by Wings90

And if LO can't stop him, then LO needs to go at him on offense.  There's no way Big Baby can guard LO off the dribble.  

You would think so, but Davis has really quick feet for his size so it's not as easy as it seems. The broadcasters touched on his quickness. With that said, Lamar should be able to find a way though, since it's not like Davis is a premier defender.

Has Fish taken or made any 3's this series? He looks hesitant when he has a chance for a 3 ball. Hopefully he doesn't get into any more foul trouble, but that's a slim chance. I still don't like how our ball rotation and movement has been. The first game, when we kept moving and passing the ball, someone would get open. Also, we would have Shannon and Jordan Farmar cut middle when Pau or one of our bigs had the ball and they would get a layup.

If we get production out of Artest and Odom (which we haven't so far) then I like our chances in Boston, WE LED THE ENTIRE GAME!!! controlled the tempo and kept the crowd out of it... we just have to do it for the full 48.  That becomes esp. difficult if Kobe & Pau have to carry the load on offense for almost the entire game (that only gets you tired superstars in crunch time) they need production out of the rest of the team, that's all.

Celtics bench just showed up and killed the Lakers.

Got to give credit where it's due. Big Baby and Nate got us. Props.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Celtics bench just showed up and killed the Lakers.

Got to give credit where it's due. Big Baby and Nate got us. Props.
pimp.gif
   --Hell naw. All them haters jinxed us showing up to the Tavern all late right when Boston is all pulling away in the game.
mad.gif

--Nervous about Sunday though. Hit up me and my bro. We'll see you there.

Really concerned and borderline very worried especially knowing of Bynum's health issue.

With all of the varying performances from some of the celtics stars I think one thing that has been pretty consistent has been the production of Davis and the others off the bench.

Rasheed is holding down Pau and with Nate bringing energy and Glen doing what he wants things look tough. The Triangle hasn't been that great and we've been getting horrible shots
sick.gif

Boston has been getting GREAT looks except they're not dropping them. I wanna remain very positive but I hope Artest gives us either a two-in-one or a "one or the other" type of game. You can't get schooled by pierce and then be garbo offensively. We need EVERYONE for all 4 quarters of the game Sunday. And subtle aggressiveness too if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

I think the Lakers are the better team but my only worry is if Bynum isn't healthy. I think if he's not we lose this series. I take that all back if we can somehow, with or without Bynum get a win Sunday. I like our chances winning 1 out of 2 at home.

My thought is have the ball in Kobe's hands to start. Just run a loose triangle with more emphasis on the pick and roll between Kobe and Pau.

I think a larger problem that may be noticed but not talked about too much is that Fish is being completely taken out of games and we are not a deep team. This hurts us much more than is being talked about. Now I hate blaming the refs, and I refuse to blame them for losses but Ray Allen is getting away with pushing off on almost every play. While at the same time they are calling Fish for every ticky tack foul there is. I am not sure what Fisher did to piss the refs off but I know he has done something.

Still think the Lakers pull this out in 6
This. I mean the Celtics are IMO allowed to play "dirty" or rough whatever you wanna call it. And have been for pretty much the whole season

can it just be sunday already.

thank goodness the Lakers won game 3 tho, i been stressin about game 5 but i would be in crap my pants mode if it was 3-1 boston right now.

Its ALL about energy and rebounding. If Odom plays with 10% more heart they win that game.

Keep in mind that the Lakers were up the ENTIRE game up until about 6 minutes left in the fourth when Big Baby ad Nate made some key shots while Lakers had stupid turnovers.

The Celtics also got tons of offensive boards in that 4th quarter (specifically late) that led to easy buckets and the Lakers were still within 5 points until the finishing seconds. I thik Lakers are going to win on sunday, they know they can hold the celtics down.

They have basically controlled this ENTIRE series (other than Ray Allens 7 threes in one half which was unstoppable no matter who you are). Even game 2 in the second half they were up int he fourth and last game they were up the ENTIRE game. Reminds me of the Suns series where the suns used their benches energy late in the 4th to "steal" those victories.

Win or lose on sunday Lakers got this series. I'd be very surprised if they dont.

do you guys ever wonder if we have problems? I notice I get way too emotionally involved in these games. Lakers winning/losing dictates how my days goes. During the game I get so damn emotional.

Get high and euphoric when they play well, but I'm cursing and pissed off when they are not playing well - not like a regular mad but like I wanna literally get my hands on some of the Celtics players and just choke them until they ain't breathing anymore (i.e. Nate Robinson, Big Baby, KG during game 4) or sometimes I wish I could have Paul Pierce bite the curb while I stomp on the back on his head over and over and over. I'm getting ecstatic having that thought.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

do you guys ever wonder if we have problems? I notice I get way too emotionally involved in these games. Lakers winning/losing dictates how my days goes. During the game I get so damn emotional.

Get high and euphoric when they play well, but I'm cursing and pissed off when they are not playing well - not like a regular mad but like I wanna literally get my hands on some of the Celtics players and just choke them until they ain't breathing anymore (i.e. Nate Robinson, Big Baby, KG during game 4) or sometimes I wish I could have Paul Pierce bite the curb while I stomp on the back on his head over and over and over. I'm getting ecstatic having that thought.

laugh.gif
 i don't think i'm as bad as you but i have been stressing about game 5. i was tempted to go watch it at a sports bar but i don't wanna be around others if they lose and i damn sure don't wanna deal with no celtics fans trying to rub it in my face in a worse case scenario. the wait just makes me that more anxious like can it be 5pm on sunday already.

whatever though, i'm impatient but let this extra day work in the Lakers favor please. Bynum recover as much as possible and try and give as many quality minutes as possible on Sunday. Everyone on the team needs to be ready to bring in on Sunday. If anyone plays like crap give them a short leash and try and get a spark off the bench like what Boston had in the 4th quarter of game 4.  the Lakers talk about how they remember that bus ride leaving Boston and how it would never happen again, they got 3 games to back all that talk up.

I'm the same way, when I watch Laker games at home and they're losing I get so heated to the point my dad has to tell me to calm down

--This.
--The day after, depending on how the game went is always affected until the next tip off. Hell, until the next win.

i dont think its a problem
laugh.gif

i think as fans, and some cases die hard fans, we spend a lot of our time/energy/money on our teams.
so when we see our team struggling/losing when we know they are capable of much more, that is frustrating.
i can see where you are coming from when you say winning/losing dictates how the day goes.

as for game 5, no excuses, everybody has to show up and play.
c's winning game 5 on their way to staples with momentum will not be good.

2 MORE

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

if the celtics win game 5,  im going to say the words, "1994 rockets" and "1988 lakers" over and over again between sunday night and tuesday. i think you can throw momentum out the window with these 2 teams though. their both proven championship teams and this series has proven that it's tough for either team to win 2 straight.

win or lose, going back to staples will be perfect for the Lakers but ideally with it being 3-2 Lakers.

i expect a close game sunday either way though,  i really don't see either team blowing the other one out

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

if the celtics win game 5,  im going to say the words, "1994 rockets" and "1988 lakers" over and over again between sunday night and tuesday. i think you can throw momentum out the window with these 2 teams though. their both proven championship teams and this series has proven that it's tough for either team to win 2 straight.

win or lose, going back to staples will be perfect for the Lakers but ideally with it being 3-2 Lakers.

i expect a close game sunday either way though,  i really don't see either team blowing the other one out
i agree.  i guess we'll see how sunday goes but so far its basically been mostly Lakers playing their game and doing quite well (i.e. had a lead basically all of game 4 until Lamar fell asleep and how they were up by 3 with 2 minutes left in game 2 after being down by like 17 in the first half).  They just have to rebound and huslle.  I realize Boston is not that talented but they get around thtat by playing super hard which is a talent in itself I guess.  If the Lakers play with the energy they did at the end of game 3 (i.e. kobe diving for balls, making blocks on their big men) they are pretty damn hard to beat.

guess we gotta see which lakers team shows up.

Anyone else hate that Kobe/Fisher is basically the only guy on this team with any testes? How many times did Kobe have to be the one jawing at a Celtics player after one of his teammates couldnt defend himself.

The Celtics love to bully and scare you by acting thuggish. If the Lakers jaw back at them, they do what any bully does... they retreat. I hate how anyone not named Kobe and Fisher basically get $$%@%!+ on by the Celtics players and I feel like this feeds the Celtics players and gives them confidence. Wheres Artests "intensity" at? Isnt this why we got him? To stand up for the Lakers and make them tougher. How about Odom? He is afraid to break a nail.

Im not saying they should fight and get suspended, but why are they afraid of the damn Celtics players. This ain't the park where you gotta fear a trash talking loser waiting in the parking lot with a gun or baseball bat. What the hell is rondo gonna do if you talk back at him? beat you up? give me a break. grow some nuts LA, and do it quick.

eek.gif
pimp.gif
Just like me
roll.gif
roll.gif
I get super pissed and start punching the couch cuz theres nothing else to punch. I absolutely hate paul pierce and i feel the same way. I thought i was the only one like this.
laugh.gif

Anyone else hate that Kobe/Fisher is basically the only guy on this team with any testes? How many times did Kobe have to be the one jawing at a Celtics player after one of his teammates couldnt defend himself.

The Celtics love to bully and scare you by acting thuggish. If the Lakers jaw back at them, they do what any bully does... they retreat. I hate how anyone not named Kobe and Fisher basically get $$%@%!+ on by the Celtics players and I feel like this feeds the Celtics players and gives them confidence. Wheres Artests "intensity" at? Isnt this why we got him? To stand up for the Lakers and make them tougher. How about Odom? He is afraid to break a nail.

Im not saying they should fight and get suspended, but why are they afraid of the damn Celtics players. This ain't the park where you gotta fear a trash talking loser waiting in the parking lot with a gun or baseball bat. What the hell is rondo gonna do if you talk back at him? beat you up? give me a break. grow some nuts LA, and do it quick.
if i were phil i would play anyone who plays with some huevos on sunday.  if mbenga's gonna come in and play tough then give him a few mins,  if luke and sasha are going to take advantage of their minutes and do whatever it takes to get in the celtics heads on sunday then give them some time.  sunday the entire team better play, whoever wants to play like crap and be soft needs to sit on the bench.  also if i were the lakers, yea i know it's a b move but i would try to get someone to get in kendricks head and try and get a double tech on him, tell him somethin foul bout his moms or what not, just whatever to get that t and get him out of game 6.

Bynum has h is knee drained again and there is no further structural damage according to keving ding

if he can play 25 min I like the lakers chances in game 5

I am still confident about beating the celtics in 7 in case the lakers lose game 5

Lamar does not struggle with davis because of his quickness but because of Lamar's lack of skills. His only skill is driving left for a layup. That's it.
He actually has a lil post move where he shoots a running hook but he can only do that against smaller players.

I pray that he shuts me up and redeems himself though
tired.gif

tmoney85 wrote:

this

isnt this the reason why we picked up artest? i want that hardcore artest not the hollywood artest

Back
Top Bottom